It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age of Aquarius

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Anyone know which year is the beginning of Age of aquarius?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is 2012, perhaps even 21/12/2012.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
No two sites actually agree on when the age of aquarius actually begins. But all agree that it will happen by 2100 AD.

One site that explores several theories - Has the Age of Aquarius begun

Schwaller de Lubicz showed that the Zodiac of Dendera in the Temple of Hathor (around 100 BC) was actually a time clock measurement that marked the procession of the equinoxes from the Age of Pisces back to the Age of Taurus which started in 4380 BC by his calculations. Schwaller estimated the Age of Pisces to begin near 60 BC and the Age of Aquarius to begin at 2100 AD.

The Orion Mystery by Robert Bauval (an engineer) and Adrian Gilbert use the procession of the equinoxes to add proof that the Great Pyramid and the King’s Chamber were used to send the dead Pharaoh’s spirit to the Orion constellation. By use of modern astronomy software they calculate the Age of Aquarius to begin approximately 2,070 AD when a half precession cycle of 12,920 shows the Orion constellation at it’s highest declination of -1 degree 50 seconds and it’s maximum altitude at the Meridian at 58 degrees 11 seconds.

Robert Hand in the essay, The Age and Constellation of Pisces, uses the date of 221 AD as the date when the topical and sidereal zodiacs where in alignment which was deduced by Fagan and Bradley. From this point he calculates the first star in Pisces to cross the vernal point at 111 BC, which would place the Age of Aquarius to begin near 2,060 AD.

Some others:
Aquarian Age
bemyastrologer

All have very interesting methodologies employed to support their claims. I wasn't aware there was so much debate on the subject - thanks for posting the question.

B.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I read through the articles presented in those links,very interesting and some are quite new to me.Does anyone have links that show the exact position of earth and moon when it is in the position of the age of aquarius?Something like a map of the universe and the location of the planets and stars?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Jesus, 'The Fish' s reign lasts through the double-fish sign of Pisces.

The water crisis comes to advent as the age of 'The Water Bearer', Aquarius, begins.

We seem to have a lot of crises these days.

Oil, war, terrorism, water, air, heat, weather, spacerocks, tons.

Seems like a fitting age-ender.

The wheel turns, and time rolls on. I would personally enjoy the idea of Water-Bearers being aliens, and contact. Aside from that, I'd guess that it's someone who comes up with a magical way to get water, and they drive the world into the ground as they do it - you've got to remember, they are technically the Antichrist, are they not?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ishes
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is 2012, perhaps even 21/12/2012.

I have read the same thing at this site.

Many people are afraid of what to come in or around 2012. All I have really read about the subject is that change will happen. I am up for some change is good. I hope that we would not change bad for worse.

One thing the site says is that our current age, The age of Pisces, is thought to be the age of Christianity. So maybe we will have a world wide event that will end up getting rid of the religion. You can use your imagination for what the cause would actually be.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have nothing to base this on except something I remember reading in a book that I don't know the name of anymore. And I vaguely remember something from elementary school when my music class was singing songs from Godspell. Anyway the age of aquarius was to begin around the year 2000 and the actual start had something to do with the people belonging to the new age movement ushering it in.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Someone told me that aquarius represent satan,And the age of aquarius is actually Satans turn to rule the world...............

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
That is completely rediculous,(the satans return theory) trust me, i could tell you all about the age of aqaurius but im tired, lol, so maybe tommorow, g'night all! lol
Best wishes,
Dani

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Edgar Cayce said the Age of Aguarius began in 1958.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The first stirrings of the age of aquarius happened with the enlightenment (in the late 18th century), which brought of course the American and French revolutions, and liberal democracy, capitalism, humanism, equality, the separation of church and state, etc took hold in the west.

That said, the age of aquarius won't be entirely here (meaning globally) until probably the 2200s, when (if these predictions have any merit) liberal democracy, and notions of equality, human rights, and the rule of law will be near-universal, technology ubiquitous, and virtually everyone around the world will enjoy the fruits of capitalism and the same kind of standard of living we enjoy in the west today.

To a significant extent though, the aquarian age is already here in the west, where democracy, equality, empiricism, individualism, technology, space travel, capitalism (all things associated with aquarius) etc are already facts of life.

Interestingly, the last 30 years (between the mid 1970s and literally the day of the 2004 election) America's progressed sun was travelling through the sign of aquarius (world ages last about 2000 years, but every nation goes through mini-ages that last about 30 years), and America's progressed sun has just entered the sign of Pisces (the world generally is leaving the 2000 year age of Pisces), which on the one hand will bring America probably great achievements in the arts (particularly traditional arts like painting and poetry), but also delusion, religious fanatacism, and a kind of martyrdom complex. The world age of Pisces has been the age of Christianity (not surprisingly both are symbolized by the fish), and America will seem like an especially Christian country for the next several decades in the context of an increasingly post-Christian west, but the effect of this Christian resurgence will still be tempered by the fact that the aquarian age is taking root the world over.

As an end note, every world age in some sense tends to be the opposite of the one preceeding it. The age of aries (about 2000BC to 0CE) was the great age of "paganism," and included Greek civilization at its height. Christianity, and the Piscean age that followed (from roughly 0CE to 2000, although as I said above it started coming to an end in the late 18th century, and won't be fully over until the 2200s) was to no small extent the opposite of the age of aries. In fact Christianity began as a kind of perfect counterculture to Greco-Roman/pagan civilization. Whereas Greco-Reoman civilization was hedonistic and lacking in any compassion, Christianity introduced both puritanism and compassion into the mix. The age of aquarius will in turn be the opposite of the age of Pisces/Christianity, and rationalism, empiricism, humanism, individualism, democracy and equality will become the prevailing values of the time.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by greenturtle]

[edit on 20-2-2005 by greenturtle]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I just today found a site that said it began on May 5, 2000. The day most of the planets aligned with the sun.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I tend to believe the influence comes over a period of years, and that its influence was around the time computers were being developed, the 50s, and that it takes generally 60 years to transition fully. That would be 2160/36, to get the 60 years. 36 being 1/10 of the full cycle.

So starting in the 50s, this influence would take full effect in the 2nd decade of this millenium, and a lot is scheduled to happen by then. Including as most believe, large scale war that will result in large parts of humanity turning away from either God or mainstream religion.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hello, okay, it's my turn now!
I can't truly bring to thought every bit of information i know about the age of aquarius, but ill do my best, sorry for any mistakes.

The Age of Aquarius represents the return to higher frequency of light energy which vibrate faster and bring consciousness to higher levels of awareness.
Aquarius represents the feminine archetype - the goddess or priestess.
It is also connected with the right side of the brain which is the intuitive, creative side of our experience in third dimension.
Aquarius represents the higher chakras - heart, throat, third eye, and crown.
There is a 26,000 year cycle of time called the Precession of the Equinoxes. Approximately every 13,000 the cycles change from the masculine energies - (Leo through Pisces) - to the feminine energies (Aquarius through Virgo).
We have entered the timeline of Aquarius - 'She' who returns humanity to the higher frequencies - and the spiritual teachings lost approximately 13,000 at the Age of Aquarius, when human consciousness spiraled down to the third dimension to experience duality - linear time - and emotions. This is all based on a blueprint created by Sacred Geometry.

It is believed by most "New Agers" that we will have finally completely entered the age of Aquarius in the year 2012. We began the transition time between the age of Pisces and the age of Aquarius at around the time of WW1. Currently right now, we are still in the transition period bout to enter the age of aquarius. Already you can see the effects of entering the new age, it's not very hard to tell. We have made more technological advancements in the past 100 years, than we have as far back as our known recorded history began.(around 1000 - 4000 b.c.)
In christianity this transition period is recognized as revelations in the holy bible. Although christians think this(revelations) symbolizes the end of the world, this is a misinterperatation, the end is not coming. So far what i've posted about the age of aquarius sounds nice, happy, and good for all. Not entirely, heres where the revelations view comes about. As we enter this new age, it will also be a large time of struggle for most of the worlds men and women. There will be great changes on the earth, natural catastrophes will begin to occur( the first truly recognizable one being the x-mas tsunami), as the planet earth also go's thru these mass changes for the better. As they say, change is hard. For the more spiritual populace this transition into a new age will be grasped as a wonderful time for spiritual advancement and for of course, a new age(in a way).
Now for the rest of the poplace on planet earth, consisting of the lesser spiritual beings, this time will be looked upon as horror, and will bring fear to them. (hince the biblical view of the end of the world) For them it will be a time of stress, unbalance, and suffering in this phase because their knowledge is less than that of those spiritual. Men have always feared what they do not understand. More and more countries will be thrown in to turmoil, and mass histeria, for multiple w/e reasons. The earth's changes will bring fear to most of these beings. Along with the natural catastrophes, there is believed to be the coming of an AntiChrist. Who makes the nations rise up against one another, and such, rule over the peoples minds, work decieving miracles, etc. Of course like the rest of revelations, this could all be a misinterperatation of the antichrist and it's meaning.
After all these horrific changes have come to pass, the second coming of christ is supposed to occur. This sounds very familiar however, to the return of the feminime energies, etc., to earth, and it may in fact symbolize just that. Therefore after these earth changes and the return of the feminime/christ, or w/e term you wish to use, there may finally be peace on earth. For as the Bible says, "and the rightouess shall inherit the earth".

Along with all this, there is also rumor of what new agers call the photon band. The photon band is something our solar system passes through every something thousand years(forgot exact estimate). I'll do my best to explain this. The photon band is an area in the Galaxy where rays can come directly from the Glaxy sun and reach the earth. Not like normal sun rays however, these rays have certain affects on masses of consciousnesses of any planet passing through the photon band. It is a period in which"god's light will shine once again in the sky"(i believe the bible terms it this way, or perhaps it was edgar cayce), the light being actually from the galaxy sun. In the photon band spirituality and enlightenment become highly easy to grasp, and it is a time where the earth can live peacefully in harmony under the laws of nature and God. There is tons more information on the photon band out there, but this will do for now.

Some more information you can read from on the age of aquarius, and other constellation ages(such as the age of pisces) is on this link, feel free to check it out.
www.adishakti.org...

There you go, that should do for now... i tryed my best to get details, lol.

Best wishes,
Dani

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
"May the spirit of the Aquarian age be upon us."

That's a really good link Bleys, the "Aquarian Age" one. Covers just about everything and then some.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't mean to be rude but there are many beautiful sentiments about the age of aquarius and what it means to the world. And I for one hope that it all comes into being, however people have been singing and praising the dawn of the age of Aquarius since the 60s. The whole hippy era was based on this new era of love for humanity and nature, that lasted a few years and then became the me generation where service to self became the driving force.

However, all of that being said , we are in the a cusp period between the two ages pf Pisces and Aquarius. But what should be noted is the fact that the zodiac consists of 12 signs, with Pisces completing the cycle. So what does that mean in reality? Either we are about to experience a rebirth of humanity OR we are at the end of this cycle, which from my readings and understanding takes place in 2012?

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I realise this thread is a few years old but I feel it still has weight today. The Mayan calender states the start of a new age begins Dec. 23, 2012 with the Age of Aquarius. I found it interesting that the 5th Dimension song just about nails the focus of this new age of mankind.

Artist: 5th Dimension
Song: Age Of Aquarius

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius
The Age of Aquarius
Aquarius! Aquarius!

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation
Aquarius! Aquarius!

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius
The Age of Aquarius
Aquarius! Aquarius!

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation
Aquarius! Aquarius!

We can only hope that the words will ring true for the world.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
do you know who said around 2600 the age begins, astrologically. maybe its sitchin in his new book, im not sure. can anyone find a basis for this?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
lol! Aquarius rules! I born in Feb. 1 of 1978!

The old world ends in 2012, we born again in a new world (we are going to change in a spiritual way), all we know right now it's going to change, the history, the way of thinking and the material stuff cause we can use all the tech and new tech for a good way. But we need to change inself. Also all of us need to know this planet "Earth" is a wrong name, this planet is called from the old days, planet "Wather" (im not crazy), it's more wather that land.. Atlantis was born with the wather and they used wather for energy.. We are pure wather (i mean our body) and we know these years until 2012 are not very well... but it's not the "end" of the world..

If anyone wanna write me im going to be very greatefull to reply. Send me a personal message or check my id for my e-mail. Sorry for my bad english, i'm Argentinian hehe.

And i wanna know what all of yours think about this.. Bye bye..

Snake Skywalker.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I recently had an epiphany while showering regarding the age of Aquarius. Tell me if it makes sense.

We all know that the age of Aquarius is represented by the bringing of knowledge to the people, and the bringing of a new enlightenment right? Well, what if we're already decades into the age of Aquarius? Some timetables put the new age as having occurred in the late 19th century or at various times throughout the 20th century.

If you look at today's society, we have the capability of spreading knowledge or information across the globe in milliseconds. This is unprecedented in the known history of mankind. The age of knowledge is the information age.

The problem is when governments that have been in power through secrecy media control is having a tough time dealing with it. It's tough to keep a secret when one person has the ability to anonymously inform millions at a mouse click. Now we have governments trying to control the internet so that there's no chance of that happening, but there's no way to close the box once it's been opened. Eventually governments will have to give way and there'll be a new way for everyone to look at things.

Unfortunately this theory doesn't involve aliens landing and freeing us, or a rapture with swarms of locusts and skeletons on horseback. My apologies to the faithful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join