It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question For Those Opposed To Trump's Wall

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
i dont get why people dont like free stuff...what gives

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
No need for a wall if we make Mexico the 51st State.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
No need for a wall if we make Mexico the 51st State.

I'm actually a supporter of that.

Have been for a long time.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Machine guns ? Annee for President.

edit on Rpm12817v19201700000045 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DomTullipso
Serious question.

I have not heard one reasonable answer yet, so I'm not optimistic you will be up to the challenge.

Why don't you want to have a wall between the U.S. and Mexico?

a) Is it because you want drug dealers and illegals to freely cross the border with little impediment?

b) Or is it because you're against drug dealers and illegals crossing the border, but you think there are better ways to stop them?

And if you answered b) what other way do you suggest stopping the drug dealers and illegals from entering the U.S.?

Good Luck!!

Life Pro Tip: people are more likely to take you seriously and want to answer your question when you avoid being ridiculously passive aggressive when asking said question.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Argus100

And if you answered b) what other way do you suggest stopping the drug dealers and illegals from entering the U.S.?

Look to Portugal and adopt their methods.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

It is not a "one time expense" (Of several billions of our funds which would be better served fixing the water situation in Michigan, or many other REAL issues). That wall will take maintenance, repairs, hundreds of staff (permanently) . It will keep costing us taxpayers more and more every year it stands.. IF it is built I doubt it will last as long as Trumps short tenure and there after will remain a hideous decaying heap in memory of a wannabee dictator. The US is a part of the continent of America.. open the borders.. North and South..

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Very true. But it's definitely testing my patience more than I expected, especially the last few days. This wall crap has become the least of my political worries now.

a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I honestly think the only difference in the last year or so is they've started saying openly what they previously only said in their own safe spaces. I've lurked on sites like stormfront for years and they've always been like this. Nearly all of Trump's controversial views were long talked about on those sites long before they became mainstream again. The views were openly advocated up until the late 60s and early 70s, then the mask of civility was reluctantly put on until Sen. Obama was elected president.

As for Reagan, yeah he and Bush seemed polite and civil on the issue of Mexico, amnesty, the path to citizenship, and having any walls on the border. But that's only because the Cold War was still ongoing and they recognized that it was better to have a strong Mexican ally on our southern border than a belligerent & communist Mexican enemy there. Remember the context, particularly with the memory of the Cuban missile crisis still fresh in people's minds. There was no way even a semi-smart candidate would've allowed a much larger country on our continent to have the capacity to house Soviet missiles or bases.

Hence Reagan's amnesty plan, Bush's negotiation of NAFTA, and Clinton's implementation of NAFTA. These were deliberately meant to give the 2nd largest country on our continent an incentive to stay closer to us, with the obvious benefit of maintaining a cheaper labor pool for our own companies. That's just one more reason why us splitting with Mexico is such a stupid idea to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Just so we don't misunderstand each other :-)

I understand what you're saying. I agree. We're always walking a tightrope. Always have been - will always be

That thin veneer of civility is all that keeps us from Kristallnacht. It took some prepping to get people to the point where they would allow that to happen - and then it was done. As an over the top example, which - you know - is real news and not fake news. Humans are capable of going very low very fast

It happens by degree, people little by little begin to tolerate the intolerable

I see people at the marches - and now I see people at the airports. We have judges like Judge Ann Donnelly - I have to believe there are more. So - so far so good

I have to allow for the possibility that people mean what they say even if I disagree with them on their bigger message. We all have some working room and mobility then as a society to work things out

I'm not telling you anything you don't know

So - I miss compassion, I miss reason. Even if it is a mask

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Because there is already a wall in place, and most of the illegals living im the usa come in with work or education visas, and stay after the visa expires.

You've obviously never lived by the southern border. You can WATCH them walk across. My daughter, husband and I went camping in Southern AZ in the Organ Pipe National Park.....and people leave water in jugs for the people who cross into the US from Mexico via the desert. Sure, some people over stay their VISA, but people with VISAs normally are hounded and are known about. (I have had Indian friends in the US to work for almost 10 years that had to leave because their visa expired.)

I am ALL for the wall....all for deporting every single immigrant that is in this country illegally . I would gladly pay a tax for it and would happily support taxing the hell out of goods made in Mexico by American companies and I ALSO believe companies that hire illegals should be fined....a LOT.
Call me whatever you want......but I grew up in El Paso and lived in New Mexico and Arizona (and CHICAGO has a terrible problem with illegals) and have seen how things have changed since OBAMA came to office and illegal immigrants started pouring unchecked into this country.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Serious question.

I have not heard one reasonable answer yet, so I'm not optimistic you will be up to the challenge.

a) Is it because you want drug dealers and illegals to freely cross the border with little impediment?

b) Or is it because you're against drug dealers and illegals crossing the border, but you think there are better ways to stop them?

Good Luck!!

im against it because even if it were possible the money has to come from somewhere. mexico is not going to pay for it and i cant believe anyone thought they would.
im also against it because i am of the opinion that while the wall may be designed to keep people out, with the way trump thinks and acts it would be very easy to use the wall to keep people in as well.

may not happen but that is the way i feel

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

And if his latest asshattery holds and the protests and outrage keep up like it has been yesterday, it wouldn't surprise me if he DOES want to keep us in. No one who disagrees with him will be safe. This is some scary-arsed stuff. The rest of the world won't stand for it.

But more importantly, THE REST OF AMERICA WON'T STAND FOR IT.

Kudos to Canada and Scotland. sigh....and to think my ancestors were from those places. God how I wish their descendants had STAYED PUT. Oh wait -- they were fleeing tyranny too.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

its very scary. for me anyway.
i think we are in for a terrible road.

him and his EO about refugee and blocking people from coming.....
what he is going to do is create people that hate him and america....people that are already here.

he is so concerned with his vetting process and stopping terrorism but he is going about it wrong. i admit i dont have the answer but i know it is not his way.

there are people here in this country that are citizens of this country that have waited years for relatives to be able to join them. relatives that went through the proper channels and relatives that have waited years for the approvals.
now that is all gone.

these people are going to be pissed.

i read some article that talked about this. some person already here has waited about 4 years for their mother to join them. legally and through proper channels. the mother was supposed to travel within a couple weeks i think. now that is not happening.
i may not be exact on the particulars of the article but that is the jist.

he is going to create far more problems than he is going to solve....

dark days ahead

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Serious question.

Good Luck!!

This wall is a RED HERRING.

#1 - Drugs should be legal. There is a demand and people want them.

#2 - The "War of Drugs" is an epic failure. Out of all the wars ever fought on planet earth this is the one that makes the least sense and has failed the most

#3 - The Wall will not help save jobs. Most of the jobs that "illegal immigrants" take are ones that nobody else will. They are low paying, they aren't very fun and are extremely hard. On top of that, A.I. is going to replace humans in most jobs. Not Mexicans. A.I. is currently being tested and deployed in various parts of the world. IBM is at the forefront of this - a US company. Your job replacements will come from within.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Wait, wait, wait, Building a border wall is a "very liberal" application of eminent domain? By what standard? It seems exactly like the correct usage of eminent domain.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

Let me play devils advocate here. I do agree that the war on drugs is a failure, but why is it a failure?

I contend that it's a failure because of the way we have gone about fighting it. We need to cut off supply rather than punish the users.
Before you tell me that it can't be done, why can it be done in places like Qatar and the UAE?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

A few of the 3 letter agencies will never let it happen..too much money and power to lose.
edit on 29-1-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DomTullipso

Long answer short, because considering that the vast majority of illegals travel here by simply overstaying their work visas (not sneaking across the border at night) the effect on illegal immigration will be far too negligible to justify the cost of a goddamn 2,000 mile wall (plus there's ladders, or, ya know, tunnels). I know, I know—Mexico will pay for it. Let's say that Trump actually finds a way to make that work. Your side is always claiming that all of this is Mexico's problem, and that they need to fix their poverty problem ASAP. Well, how the # do you expect them to do that with a $15 billion bill for a giant wall? Honestly, all this is going to do is worsen our relationship. There's almost no practical benefit to the wall, so it's essentially just a giant middle finger to Mexico

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Holy cow, I finally agree with Annee on something! Break out the champaign, common ground has been found!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

This actually kills two birds with one stone as Mexico has a southern border wall. We'd get a wall and a bunch of beach front property.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join