It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question For Those Opposed To Trump's Wall

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

if 2 or more illegals have ever murdered a U.S. citizen in America then what he said IS true. he didn`t say all illegals murder American citizens.

But..fewer illegals murder US Citizens, than there are US Citizens who murder other US Citizens...

So...first deal with the bigger problem...get rid of the US Citizens who are murderers....

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill, attack the mountain first.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So you ignored the entire second paragraph that you quoted. (facepalm) And yes it was a false equivalence, not that I expect you to own up to it.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

So you ignored the entire second paragraph that you quoted. (facepalm) And yes it was a false equivalence, not that I expect you to own up to it.

No one has said building a wall along the southern border is going to stop illegal immigrants from other points of entry. The point of the wall along the border of Mexico is to deter illegal immigration from that point of entry. Straw man, not that I'd expect you to own up to it.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DomTullipso

im against it because its NOT a solution. its a bandaid to please the masses.
this should not be solely America's problem, nor should it be, our 3rd largest import/export, partner.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

im against it because its NOT a solution. its a bandaid to please the masses.
this should not be solely America's problem, nor should it be, our 3rd largest import/export, partner.

The only solution is that Mexico fixes its own problems. Until then, a bandaid will work much better than nothing at all.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

you all worry about wasting money contributing to healthcare, education and the arts but no problem spending money on a stupid wall that won't stop the wrong people from getting in. that's not idiotic?

If the power grid goes out from an EMP how important to the survival of mankind (ze kind for you snowflakes) is the arts?

Court jesters won't be in demand when the SHTF!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

LOL Do you even read the things you post? You literally just said this to me:

I was talking specifically about the notion that "they'll find another way in".

Now you're saying :

No one has said building a wall along the southern border is going to stop illegal immigrants from other points of entry.

"Other points of entry" are also called "other ways in".

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

"Other points of entry" are also called "other ways in".

You're tedious. By "other ways in" I meant over the southern border via tunnels and ladders, not that illegals from Honduras are going to use the Canadian border to get in. Do you even read the things you post?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DomTullipso

Not at all opposed to the wall, but I am strongly opposed to U.S. funding it in any way. Why should we pay while cartel money flourishes? And honestly, Mexican government and citizens should not have to pay for it either.

Once they convict El Chapo, they should immediately pursue civil suits to seize finances. All seized finances should be migrated to finance the wall due to the inability of Mexican government to limit cartel influence within the country. It would be a win/win scenario for both country's presidents, and puts the wall fees into the wallets of who deserves to fund it.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I almost didn't click on the thread because the things they are trying to keep out don't attract me.
BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE

"It's better to burn out than fade away"

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

a wall is a one time expense whose degree of effectiveness can`t be judged until after it has been completed.
You don't want us to judge a project of unknown effectiveness that costs billions of dollars? Ha!

I bet you judged the ACA without waiting till it was completed. Sloppy, biased, and illogical.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart

a wall is a one time expense whose degree of effectiveness can`t be judged until after it has been completed.
You don't want us to judge a project of unknown effectiveness that costs billions of dollars? Ha!

I bet you judged the ACA without waiting till it was completed. Sloppy, biased, and illogical.

Don't forget the "one time expense" part which is completely false. All infrastructure projects have maintenance costs, and this stupid wall is no different.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
A wall can keep people out..can also imprison you. It's also not going to be cost effective.
All that is needed is to enforce the already existing laws.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I got a ticket today. I deserved it. I was breaking the law. 9 mph's over the speed limit.

The cop that pulled me over didn't care why I was speeding.
It's the law, and I was breaking the law.
So I will pay the speeding ticket or go to court to dispute it.
Either way I will pay for breaking the law.

It is against the law to reside in this country illegally.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

So in other word's..they just need to enforce the law.
Never mind the stupid fuukin wall.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yup.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Well that was easy

I agree.
edit on 28-1-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
What kind of impact will it have on wildlife?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Coyotes won't like it.
edit on 2017-01-28T01:45:24-06:002201728America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join