It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question For Those Opposed To Trump's Wall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: twfau

The cartels know better than to bomb US property, they are not interested in bringing American forces against them.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
We could simply do what Mexico does with their southern border...assist the illegal immigrants to crossover our northern border where they will obviously be more accepted!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
Nice! I like how you took one line out of my post. Excellent (although infantile) tactic.

The person to whom I responded made the unsubstantiated and egregious, based upon the facts, assertion that illegals were coming across the border and murdering our citizens. As you will note, I cited facts saying this was entirely untrue and made the comparison about how dangerous it is to place unsubstantiated blame on one group for societal problems. Shame on you.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It will become a world heritage UNESCO landmark like the pyramids or the great wall of China. Hadrian's wall -- the Berlin wall -- the Isreali wall (cuz yeah, that's working)....all of those actual walls....

You know I keep having this visual in my mind like some sci-fi movie where future archaeologist are standing by the ruins of trumps wall and trying to explain it's purpose and significance. Just like today we talk about the significance of the great wall of china or hadrian's wall.

exactly.

Thank you for chiming in. It is really red flaggy, right?

And Pena Nieto is all "NO WE WILL NEVER PAY FOR THIS WALL"

Trump is cozying up to some countries and antagonizing others.

But see --- these aren't people he can just "fire" ---- he's not the boss of the rest of the world leaders. I'm not sure he has the capacity to recognize that. He is not the boss of the world.

He thinks he is, though.

And he's pissed that the world is saying, 'whu? no!'

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Just about everything you said here is either from a misinformed framework or just plain wrong.

1) patrolling a beachfront for one or two miles is much easier than patrolling 2000 miles of land.

2) sensors in the wall could easily detect underground tunneling and slowing them down long enough for border patrol to get there and detain them is all that is necessary with a wall. Well, that and deterring the ones who wouldn't want to risk getting over or under the wall.

3) the expense for coyotes would increase the expense of those wanting to come across making much more unaffordable for most.

The wall is only a good thing.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Nice! I like how you took one line out of my post. Excellent (although infantile) tactic.

The person to whom I responded made the unsubstantiated and egregious, based upon the facts, assertion that illegals were coming across the border and murdering our citizens. As you will note, I cited facts saying this was entirely untrue and made the comparison about how dangerous it is to place unsubstantiated blame on one group for societal problems. Shame on you.

You are the one who took the low road and used the term "NAZI". If you haven't got the memo? Calling us names doesn't work anymore!

You're not a victim, you are getting exactly the response you should get when you frivolously call or reference to others as Nazis!

Suck it up cupcake!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There are so many reasons even on top of the other ones given. The fact that this will have little to no effect on who is coming in ladders, etc. The extreme cost. $12-$15 Billion dollar wont even come close to covering it, especially when you factor in other costs im going to list later. I'd be shocked if you got done with this under $50 Billion. Even then I think thats low.

You are going to have extreme property rights issues all along the border. Texas had to fight for 10 years in courts to grab lands from families owned for generations when they wanted their fence constructed along a portion of the border. You are going to have the costs of claiming imminent domain across the entire border. You also have natural borders that will be near impossible to build a wall around, and some areas that are very beautiful that will be damaged needlessly by the wall.

The tax that will be needed, especially this import tariff is what goes through will make every way more expensive for everyone in my Mexico. In my area large portions of the fruit and vegetables in our stores and restaurants come to Mexico, and you can be sure that prices will be going up for everyone, and affecting the people that need that least.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This wall is really spooky.

I just saw the TV show "Colony", and the first thing that struck me was the WALL.

Second thing to strike me was "HOMELAND SECURITY" in charge of that wall in the TV show. The militarized dress of the security forces...etc...all eerily resemblance to recent events..

It's exactly as if an Alien Invasion occurred, and the people are not being told, just like the TV show, but everyone is being fed propaganda to accept the wall, while the real reason for the "containment" is being hidden from the public.

I'd advise anyone thinking the wall is a good idea, to see the TV show Colony.

Remember, a wall has two sides.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

"All of Europe, you must do this!"

"Well… we're not gonna! We're gonna have a sandwich."

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

the same amount that a legal would pay doing the that same job

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: Krazysh0t

the same amount that a legal would pay doing the that same job when the illegal is sent back home.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DomTullipso

It's funny that's there's no money for social programs but Republicans always find money for war, this Wall, and pointless investigations into Democrats. Basically, if they want it there's money. If they don't want it there's no money.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

when the wall is built it will free up immigration officers who can track down all those who have over stayed their visas and send them back home.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Read it again. Never CALLED anyone anything and never used the word Nazi. I correctly pointed-out the fallacy of recklessly blaming a specific societal group and making them targets. Hitler DID do that. We DON'T want to repeat that mistake.

And read your own post Seeker. Who exactly has resorted to name-calling? Cupcake, you say?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I don`t know what you presented that proved that an illegal has never murdered a U.S. citizen in America but they weren`t facts.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

except that the people hitler blamed were in Germany legally whereas we are dealing with people who are violating our immigration laws by being here illegally. There is no irrational blame going on here they are criminals by the fact that they are here illegally and they need to be sent back to where they came from. they are more than welcome to come back the legal way.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
Never said they NEVER murdered anyone. Only that there rate of criminal activity and incarceration is less than the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

no money for social programs? you must be joking.

what I`m hearing is,
"they can find money to protect our country but they can`t find money to raise everyone on welfare into the middle class, and that`s wrong"

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

their rate of criminal activity is 100% by the fact that they are here illegally which means they violated our immigration laws when they stepped foot in the country which is a crime.

edit on 27-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DomTullipso

It's because it's a giant waste of money.

As others have pointed out, most illegals come in legally and then overstay their welcome. Most drugs come in via boat or plane. And then there's the tunnels. If anyone's coming in via the actual border it's the people we actually want. Those that are willing to work hard and aren't criminals.

Plus, Mexico has it's own wall on their southern border. It doesn't work.

What? those crazy idiots!!! It's a shame they didn't have a bunch of smart folks like you there to tell them how bad an idea it was.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join