It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question For Those Opposed To Trump's Wall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Sheeple.

Florida State University Professor of Criminology Daniel Mears and others who study this subject seem to agree that most research indicates immigrants actually commit crime at lower rates than native-born citizens.

According to analysis of the 2010 census and the American Communities Survey done by the non-profit  American Immigration Council, immigrants to the United States are significantly less likely than native-born citizens to be incarcerated. The authors found that 1.6 percent of immigrant males age 18-39 are incarcerated, compared to 3.3 percent of the native-born.

And Hitler believed all THEIR problems were because of the Jews.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Tardacus
a wall is a one time expense

So this magic wall will never need any repair or maintenance?

Of course not.

Not with the terrain this fence has to cover.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: seeker1963

Sheeple.

Florida State University Professor of Criminology Daniel Mears and others who study this subject seem to agree that most research indicates immigrants actually commit crime at lower rates than native-born citizens.

According to analysis of the 2010 census and the American Communities Survey done by the non-profit  American Immigration Council, immigrants to the United States are significantly less likely than native-born citizens to be incarcerated. The authors found that 1.6 percent of immigrant males age 18-39 are incarcerated, compared to 3.3 percent of the native-born.

And Hitler believed all THEIR problems were because of the Jews.

HITLER!

Nice, all I need to know about your ability to debate intelligently against someone who has view opposite of yours.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: SolAquarius
a reply to: DomTullipso

Money pit you say?

Money pit you say? Our whole government has been a money pit for decades!
WTF......

Don't disagree every Administration both Democrats and Republicans have Been adding to the wall of debt. Kick the can down the road one day the house of cards will fall.
If the wall works then good but I don't think there is any real hard data on it and no specifics about it to assume something is going to work then
to build it and find out its a total failure is folly and Im not convinced it is going to work because there is so little information on it and its practicality.
edit on 27-1-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If those are the only 2 choices you can offer, then we hold you liable for all of the Lefty heads that short circuit as a result of trying to answer this one.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Or we could work together to come up with a better solution instead of ramming through an idiotic and half-assed measure. Or did you like the way the ACA ended up?

That's been the placation for decades now. Look how far that's brought things along.

Obama deporting more illegals than ever and not getting credit for it? Illegal entry in the country is decreasing and has been on the decline for a few years now?

I think Obama and his NWO did just enough to cause more damage.

You say this, but it isn't true. Just more Obama bashing.

He did just enough to not solve the problem.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

It actually started in 1994 under Clinton.

Response to Deny Arrogance

By 2006, President George W. Bush signed into law the Secure Fence Act, which mandated the construction of 850 miles of “at least two different layers of “reinforced fencing” that would be mediated by patrol roads at key stretches of the border.
organpipehistory.com...

Yes, there is a whole lotta history prior to W signing the Secure Fence Act.

edit on 27-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

It's not a dome. I mean why stop with a wall?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: Middleoftheroad Sure it does. Pay out $15B essentially all at once v. paying-out $15B over 75yrs (giving you two shifts and filling in the 3rd with existing agents already on that border. The savings on debt service alone will more than pay for benefits and equipment. We already have roughly 20,000 border patrol agents along the SW border. Use The Wall money to hire more agents and you have 4-5 per mile on average (remembering that some stretches are in-crossable and require little to no coverage. Agents fuel local economies, pay taxes, are dynamic. The Wall is a stationary monument to arrogance and stupidity. Wait. You'll see.

Well I'm not here advocating for the wall. Was just pointing out the expenses would be exponentially higher than what you were pushing.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I have not heard one reasonable answer yet, so I'm not optimistic you will be up to the challenge.

Never will either.

From reading the responses thus far.

Bunch of little engines that can't or really just don't want to.

Funny though for the anti wallers. That think NOTHING is ever going to touch them.

Until it does.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Honestly? The fact that the presence of the illegals is hugely profitable is sound reasoning for failing to regulate immigration? That's nuts.

I'm opposed to the wall simply because its well understood to be a boondogle; it simply won't do much of anything to reduce the presence of illegals and so-called undocumented people in the US. But profitable or not, its not very smart to fail to regulate the entrance of people into the country, if for no other reason that you can't control what diseases are brought into the country. So...........for example, we have customs people who are quite diligent in inspecting foreign produce, fruits and vegetables as they are imported to insure that crop killing blights aren't introduced into the domestic food production industry. Don't you think its equally important to stop people infected with myriad third world diseases such as Ebola, TB, etc. from entering the US and spreading their infectious diseases?

Why the hell did we have Ellis Island?

Honestly it boggles my mind that we can't do something in the same correct manner that our 19th Century forebears could do, i.e., regulate immigration!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's funny I took care of an illegal from El Salvador today. He works for one of the biggest "American" tire companies in the US. His employer accidentally gave us his onboarding info when he checked him in. The guy had an I9 made with a fake ID that wasn't his and a stolen social. We asked him how he got an I9 with no ID and he said they just used one they had. He even told us he wasn't supposed to be in the country and it took convincing to get him to let us see his El Salvador ID.

No big deal lefties, but you better be checking your credit scores often and don't complain one bit about healthcare prices.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Funding seems to be the issue, Mexico and Trump don't seem to be in agreement. Usually before you start a project you ensure the funding is secured for it so it all seems a bit unrealistic to me. Although thinking about it Trump was bankrupted 4 times so maybe this is how he usually does things...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

LOL!!! The stupid wall.

THAT is what the giant gold letters will say one day on the stupid wall.

It will become a world heritage UNESCO landmark like the pyramids or the great wall of China. Hadrian's wall -- the Berlin wall -- the Isreali wall (cuz yeah, that's working)....all of those actual walls....

But it won't be called 'Trump's wall' It will be called on our side: "THE STUPID WALL."
and on the other side:
"EL MURO ESTUPIDO"

because mexicans are a part of this society. Like it or not. THEY ARE HERE.

edit on 1/27/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I'm opposed to the wall simply because its well understood to be a boondogle;

YES! It is, and that nails it.

Perfect. Haven't heard that word in awhile.

link   

It's them Canadians that I worry about, we'll be singing their anthem some day if we are not careful.

link   
You don't need a wall in a truly capitalist nation, where everybody has to pay for housing, pay for food, pay for transportation, etc..

The money "regulates" the flow of people automatically.

The financial system is itself "a wall".

People are prevented from moving freely because of the high costs of relocating and living in various places.

In a communist nation you need a wall, because everything is free. So, you need to prevent people from coming in and getting all that "free" stuff, when they are just outsiders. That's why the Soviet Union had a wall.

Ronald Reagan famously told the old Soviet Leader

"Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall."

That's because Reagan was a capitalist, and only saw the capitalist point of view, that the wall prevented the free flow of people in and out of the nation. Reagon thought that the Russians were being prevented from leaving, it never occurred to him that others might go into Russia to get the "free" benefits.

Donald Trump seems to think that America is a Communist nation, and all those undocumented are here to take advantage of all the "free" stuff. So, Donald is building a wall, because that's his image of the USA. No more will the Mexicans be able to "take advantage" of America's "free things."

Is the USA Communist or Capitalist?

Funny, that the Communist nations are tearing down their walls, while the supposedly Capitalist nation is building up it's walls.

Something's paradoxical about all this.

Good old Ronald Reagan must be turning over in his grave, and Mr Gorbachev must be laughing his head off.

edit on 27-1-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Funny, that the Communist nations are tearing down their walls, while the supposedly Capitalist nation is building up it's walls

Sure is funny.

Because I sure don't see the great wall of China being torn down.

Furthermore it's rather odd that's the only idea from over there. The anti wallers don't seem to like.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It will become a world heritage UNESCO landmark like the pyramids or the great wall of China. Hadrian's wall -- the Berlin wall -- the Isreali wall (cuz yeah, that's working)....all of those actual walls....

You know I keep having this visual in my mind like some sci-fi movie where future archaeologist are standing by the ruins of trumps wall and trying to explain it's purpose and significance. Just like today we talk about the significance of the great wall of china or hadrian's wall.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I had this visual that Trump spends 15billion dollars building a wall which ends up needing frequent expensive repairs from cartel bombardments.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join