It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question For Those Opposed To Trump's Wall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Serious question.

I have not heard one reasonable answer yet, so I'm not optimistic you will be up to the challenge.

Why don't you want to have a wall between the U.S. and Mexico?

a) Is it because you want drug dealers and illegals to freely cross the border with little impediment?

b) Or is it because you're against drug dealers and illegals crossing the border, but you think there are better ways to stop them?

And if you answered b) what other way do you suggest stopping the drug dealers and illegals from entering the U.S.?

Good Luck!!

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DomTullipso

I'm against it because it's unrealistic. It's a pipe dream. I don't want to pay for it either and no matter what they do they cost of it is gonna come back to the consumer through higher prices on goods or something. They just dig deeper tunnels, some of them are already underground highways. Do you know how long the border is? How far out in the ocean is it going to go so they don't swim around it? It's just unrealistic and he said it to get votes of people to ignorant to know it can't be done. Now he has to do it.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
How about C? It's a waste of tax money, requires VERY liberal applications of eminent domain, will run across native land, and can easily be countered with a ladder.

Though if i have to choose between your two terrible choices, I'd just abstain from answering. They feel biased and very leading.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Because there is already a wall in place, and most of the illegals living im the usa come in with work or education visas, and stay after the visa expires.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
all I`m hearing is that since a wall isn`t a guaranteed way to keep invaders out then it`s better to just do nothing, or continue doing more of what hasn`t worked.

a wall is a one time expense whose degree of effectiveness can`t be judged until after it has been completed, whereas what we have been doing is an ongoing expense who`s degree of ineffectiveness is well known.

the cost of continuing doing what we have been doing is far more costly than a wall could ever be.

the debate over building a wall is a moot point, the wall WILL be built.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There is already a partial wall. It started with Bush W. It continued under Obama until it was stopped by Homeland Security.

Have you researched this? Have you researched why it was stopped?

Have you researched just how much was accomplished under the Obama administration?

I lived on the border. I KNOW a lot has already been done to secure the border.

DON'T listen to Talking Heads who don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Do your research.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
In reality, not all illegal immigrants come through the southern border.

Not to mention, not all illegal immigrants are Mexican and/or come from Mexico.

A border hardly addresses the concept of illegal immigration. What about those who come by boat?

The "questions," you pose in your OP is a fallacious attempt at loaded questions.

Those who want the wall for an immigration policy clearly don't know anything about the immigration policy.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Because we're not gullible and we're not falling for political posturing. To think a wall will do anything except waste taxpayers' money when there are far more important projects to take care of to help Americans out is infantile.

We all know that tunnels that go for miles have been built and torn down for years and they will continue. Building a wall on top of a tunnel is about as useful as a sandpaper dildo.

First Link I Googled
edit on 27-1-2017 by Kharron because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
As a Trump supporter, I could care less if he built the wall. I'd rather it be like the security system Area 51/Groom Lake has to be honest. Nobody crosses into that territory without detection.

link   

im not against trumps proposed wall with the exception that he would like to put one up between canada and the us of a , so i do have a question for you does the erecting of these walls turn the us into a complete police state or is it about to become the worlds largest prison for its own people .2 massive walls knowing him with guards and oceans on each side yup its a prison .

link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
all I`m hearing is that since a wall isn`t a guaranteed way to keep invaders out then it`s better to just do nothing, or continue doing more of what hasn`t worked.

Or we could work together to come up with a better solution instead of ramming through an idiotic and half-assed measure. Or did you like the way the ACA ended up?

a wall is a one time expense whose degree of effectiveness can`t be judged until after it has been completed, whereas what we have been doing is an ongoing expense who`s degree of ineffectiveness is well known.

Walls require maintenance buddy. Maintenance costs money. It isn't a "one time expense".

the cost of continuing doing what we have been doing is far more costly than a wall could ever be.

How do you know? Have you crunched the numbers or are you just saying random things that sound appealing?

Saying it doesn't make it true. There are still MANY obstacles Trump has to overcome here outside of signing a few EO's.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a wall is a one time expense

So this magic wall will never need any repair or maintenance?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Because it's pointless. Those who want in bad enough will get in whether it be by boat, by tunnel, by ladder, by way of temporary visa, etc. All this wall will be is a waste of taxpayer money, both to build it and to man it.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
There is already a partial wall. It started with Bush W. It continued under Obama until it was stopped by Homeland Security.

Have you researched this? Have you researched why it was stopped?

Have you researched just how much was accomplished under the Obama administration?

I lived on the border. I KNOW a lot has already been done to secure the border.

DON'T listen to Talking Heads who don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Do your research.

Obama deported more than Bush or any other president.

Too many conservatives purposefully leave this little fact out or ignore it.

Trump is the conservatives version of liberals Obama. Within their supporters, their exists diehard partisan over country (or humanity) fangirls who see their messiah of not being capable of any sort of wrongdoing.

link   
Because walls have never been effective at stopping anything.

ETA: Not to mention the wall would essentially remove/severely limit access to the Rio Grande River...can't build the wall on the Mexico side...can't build the wall down the middle of the river...
edit on 27-1-2017 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

link   

It's because it's a giant waste of money.

As others have pointed out, most illegals come in legally and then overstay their welcome. Most drugs come in via boat or plane. And then there's the tunnels. If anyone's coming in via the actual border it's the people we actually want. Those that are willing to work hard and aren't criminals.

Plus, Mexico has it's own wall on their southern border. It doesn't work.

link   
a reply to: Annee

It actually started in 1994 under Clinton.

The barriers were built from 1994 as part of three larger "Operations" to taper transportation of illegal drugs manufactured in Latin America and immigration: Operation Gatekeeper in California, Operation Hold-the-Line[4] in Texas, and Operation Safeguard[5] in Arizona.

en.m.wikipedia.org...–United_States_barrier

Border Control: Revised Strategy Is Showing Some Positive Results

(Letter Report, 12/29/94, GAO/GGD-95-30).
www.druglibrary.org...

Redo your research.
edit on 27-1-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Or we could work together to come up with a better solution instead of ramming through an idiotic and half-assed measure. Or did you like the way the ACA ended up?

That's been the placation for decades now. Look how far that's brought things along.

But, yeah, A&B Only questions tend to be False Dichotomies (not unlike this Two Party System so many of WORSHIP).

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Amazing.

Democrats posture that you can't read a bill until it's been passed.

Conservatives posture that you can't know the price (or maintaining) of the wall until after its built.

A one time expense?

We are #ed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join