It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

%&*@!!! jalopeno chips !!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Sitting here at the computer I got hungry and picked up a packet of jalopeno chips (crisps to us from the old country). I also have a cold (Any sympathy will be gratefully received
).
I had eaten a few of the chips when I began to sneeze, causing my eyes to water slightly. I wiped my eyes and managed to get burning hot stinging jalopeno into them !!!!

It was like
for fifteen solid minutes !!!

Never again ! It's going to be bog-standard chicken flavour for me from now on !

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I just did the same with Sour Cream and Onion chips, and I cold too.

Ouch...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
When that stuff happens you gotta put beer in your eye... or eyes!

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
My sympathies pixy lol! I've had similar experiences, but not with my eyes. I remember once when I was a kid I tried one of my grandmothers home-grown hot peppers. Now with one of these things, which were only about 1/2 inch long, she could make a 2-gallon pot of beef stew almost too hot to eat. Being the curious kid that I was, I tried to eat one whole
. After I realized the terrible mistake I had made, I spit it out and got the juice on my hands, then I rubbed all under my dripping nose and lips which are really sensitive areas. The pain lasted for about half an hour before it got any better. But to top off a cold with Jalapeno in your eyes? That's pretty bad

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hey Pisk, live by the saying, if you can't take the heat, buy beer.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Thats gotta hurt Pisky. I to once had something in my eye. It was glue. Heres the story:

I was looking in my drawer and came upon a glue pen. The cap was not on and the glue had hardened the top. Me being an idiot I squeezed it but to no avail. Finally I put it up to my eye( still squeezing) and the glue popped the top and all went in my eye. It
hurt.

Now thats what I call a sticky situation.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Now thats what I call a sticky situation

Gotta love those South Park references

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Now thats what I call a sticky situation.

A reminder...never pick your nose when handling super glue

[edit on 31-1-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Aww man! Don't put the bag down just cuz ya lost your vision momentarily!

Jalepeno chips are my favorite!

I'm equally as sensitive though - I put two pairs of gloves on when I chop habeneros....I had a bad experience once when I took a bathroom break from the chopping board.......NEVER AGAIN!......

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Pisky give them another Chance, Just get yourself a Lime(not a lemon) Place all the chips in a bowl and squeeze it with lime juice, you would be surprised by how much better it will make it taste and how easier it will be to go down(unless you have open sores in your mouth ,than OUCH!!) have your beer ready and no problem!!

And maybe you should look into some goggles!!

[edit on 31-1-2005 by bordnlazy]

top topics

join