It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Satirical Non-time Traveler and Author

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
[looks at watch... January 27, Friday]

Ah #$%%@#!! I missed the contest!!!

-end-

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Bah, wait for the next one

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

LOL!

Thanks for words of encouragement but I think I was being more of a smart a$$ than satirical!

Been hectic here with year-end stuff so never got around to writing one up. I think I have read one (Cobain) and threw a star but have not had the time to read more (sorry folks,
). That may change today... we'll see.

Hey Prairie, I did have a Skerry Christmas Carol drafted. Then I did a quick google for a couple words and somebody already had a song written so that kind of deflated my effort. Topic: Cthulhu being up on the rooftop, tentacles fall... etc.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You wear a watch? That's so 90's.

Busserl Spatzl

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Here's to your Smartassery

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Hahaha! You're gonna love this.

In the real world, yes I do wear a watch. It is an Ecodrive driven by motion. It has gears and a weight. Flip your wrist and this weight moves around which charges a capacitor. I got it about 20 years ago.

Last year the capacitor stopped holding a charge. It never reads the right time anymore! I manually set it every couple of hours (if I remember). It will run about a half hour before stopping again. I guess I am to d@m lazy to research which one of the two replacements I need to buy to get it working!

It is more of an accoutrement than a useful item! I love the looks on people's faces when they ask me "what time is it?" and I just shrug. I have had to on more than one occasion prove it does not work which leads to more funny faces!

PS - Loved the CRC story! Made me laugh.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I do love it.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

LOL yours might be the best yet!

Seriously though, they are all pretty good, well worth the time to read them.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It is fun little joke on myself--even a broke watch is wrong at all times of the day! When am I again? I usually can tell by what type of beer I have in hand, good, small glass of high concentrated stuff, must be after work. On the couch with a half liter? Must be the weekend! ETA: No pint glass? Must be at work! As Capt. Willard said, Work. Sh#!

Reminds of Prufrock. I have measured out my life with pint glasses

a reply to: FauxMulder

I don't think mine would have been as good as some of the other entries! The SATAN and butthole humans was pretty good! As was the one about Wolfie and Star Wars.

Got more reading to do (and action items from the team meeting I forgot about, lol).

edit on 27-1-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: I effing wanted to

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

OK. Think I made it through them all. Yeah, they are pretty good.

Looking at the criteria and judging, looks like Auggie has a commanding lead! And a great story! If it could only be that easy--Thomas Jefferson coming back to put things back on track... kicking ass and taking names. *sigh*

Anyway, mine won't count because it was never linked into the main thread! And the 'STT2017' is not in the title. Oh, nerts those stupid rules!!

top topics

join