It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you wanted to "disappear" how would you do it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You're missing one important ingredient alternateheaven, money...
How will you feed yourself, replace worn out clothes etc?
When the money runs out and you can't get a job cause you have no ID or SS card, living outside the system isn't so fun anymore.
You could become one of the many who try that and end up begging for change and being a burden on society, instead of living outside of it.

The only feasible way to live outside the system is to be extremely wealthy, exactly how they want it...

[edit on 1/2/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
THis is a weird post, i didnt have time to read it all, but i shall and get back within the next few days. Always have thought about this though.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I will not post the ways you can "disappear" and still live normally under a new identity. But there are several ways to do it. I got them from an old book I have. Reason I won't post the ways is because you never know who is reading these boards and I would hate for the information to fall into the hands of someone that would use it for evil purposes. But it is easily done, I am sure it is done everyday.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sport Kensington
I will not post the ways you can "disappear" and still live normally under a new identity. But there are several ways to do it. I got them from an old book I have. Reason I won't post the ways is because you never know who is reading these boards and I would hate for the information to fall into the hands of someone that would use it for evil purposes. But it is easily done, I am sure it is done everyday.

So what's your point of posting then?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
i would just like to picture myself invisible, open my eyes and then i am invisible.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Slightly straying from the topic but still on the subject of disappearing.

To disappear properly you will need a death certificate. Reading the news recently I saw that the UK government was issuing death certificates for British citizens who it assumed had died in the Asian tsunami. Obviously, because of the nature of the disaster, most of the bodies of victims weren't found. This made me wonder - if I were the sort of guy who drifted around holiday paradises without a care in the world and couldn't be bothered to phone home after surviving such a disaster, I would now be officially dead.

And then we had the guy who was found at sea 3 weeks after the tsunami struck, clinging to wreckage. If he had been British, he would already have been "dead".

It's an irony, but surviving something that may kill you physically may end up killing you on paper anyway.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I don't really consider money to be a key in the whole outside of society concept but rather a crutch to get you on your feet. Initially you will need supplies that can only be bought in stores, but if you actively work on learning how to exist without all those things or improvise using naturally occuring and easy to find materials, you could eventually cut down the need for store bought supplies. Over time even clothes can be fashioned from the skins of animals or fabrics discarded by others. To me if you have to keep a level of paper currency even when living "outside" of society, you really arent living outside since your still hung up on one of the major downfalls of society.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Get into the wrong crowd, observe illegal activity, then turn state evidence over...the government will take care of the rest...maybe, if they feel like doing their job that day, otherwise, well, you'll be disappearing into the afterlife probably.....

On a more serious note, well, I have my own plan....it includes me writing to government officials letting them know my intentions and also explaining to them why I feel that I have no obligation to obey their laws, and that under the circumstances, well, maybe it is just better that I leave their society, since the society isn't meeting their obligation to me and well, I no longer want to live under the confines of that society. Then well, just start walking, hitchhiking, to a warmer climate that has a big national forest in it, find myself some sort of shelter, pant a garden, and throw the fishing hook into the water.....I'll either live or die, but don't really care about that too much anyways. And, well, I would really enjoy the thought that if they really wanted to find me bad enough, they'd be out in all the national forests trying to hunt me down for years and probably never really find me. hopefully I will get to my forest, before they get the letter explaining where I went and why.
I wouldn't be able to just disappear. I'd be afraid that they'd think someone murder me and put them on death row or something.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You just have to go to South America with one of this primitive society and to live with them in deep jungle...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
if i wanted to disappear i'd try to get one of the cloaks harry potter had....if i couldn't do that i'd get one of those electrochromatic suits they have for sale on the internet...they are like 50 bucks and make you completely invisible...i use it all the time when i want to go into the whitehouse or other places i find interesting

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shbaz

Dont forget to take out all your teeths also. You can still get you by dental records.

Yeah, when you're dead or caught anyway. Who asks you to bite down into wax for ID, seriously?

I guess your one of the first people I know that have never been to the dentist.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I've been to the dentist, had X-Ray scans, and you're still wrong.

Point one: The only time dental records are used as a method of identification is in death when other comparible records such as fingerprints, DNA, birthmarks, and etc. are mutilated. Whoever it is trying to identify you needs to have a narrowed down field of people they're searching for because there is no way to compare a set of teeth to every other set of teeth in existence, x-rays aren't taken from standardized angles nor are they stored in any kind of national database. Alternately they are used in court cases when someone bites someone else or something and other evidence isn't forthcoming. This is why I say no one is out there ID'ing people with wax bite molds.

Point two: Even if your dental records were used as identification this would mean that whoever it is that's trying to find you has already found you and strongly suspects you are who you are anyway - nevermind the fact that they can just as easily get your prints, DNA, or other identifiers such as your face to verify your identity, huh?

[edit on 2/2/2005 by shbaz]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If I wanted to disappear I would move far away, tell no one and leave no forwarding addresses.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well, I certainly wouldn't tell people about it on a message board

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
i think i would vanish to the bahamas and become a fisherman/pilot. yeah that would be soo awesome. do commuter flights between islands and fish the rest of the day away. *dreams* anyone wanna come?

Tahlen

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Tahlen]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I afraid the only way to disappear is take off from Earth and onto a different planet...

Or the ultimate way is...Death...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
For leaving the country...Assume anothers ID... someone deceased, no criminal record. Find someone to make you a fake passport. Go to Mexico.

Stay away from the usual tourist spots. Happy hiding

Acid solutions work real well at burning of the fingerprints, but if something happens and you are arrested, it might be hard explaining why you have no prints...

[edit on 6-2-2005 by ms_Bhavn]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by faddinglight
It is vary simple, really. Just:

Get ten or more fake IDs.

Make your own fake firm, hire all your aliases and file for UI with each. Months after unemploy all of your aliases, claim UI.

Send your money from UI to your friends account (or a fake one) via the internet.

Buy goods online, buy a mobile home, purchase those new devices that collect moisture from the air for water, purchase meal replacements, there cheap, and can be ordered in bulk online.

Have various drop off points to pick up different goods, places that hold mail orders or store hardware for a fee are nice, but abandoned homes are best.

Stay on the move if you can

I guess you wouldn't be disappearing, but life would be easy if you did this. How do you define disappearing?

[edit on 30-1-2005 by faddinglight]

How the heck can you do this and not get caught and charged with identity theft/ fraud/ and a host of other charges?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join