It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you wanted to "disappear" how would you do it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by faddinglight
You can hack into the database, have melted plastic spread over your fingures, get plastic surgery for your fingers, or burn the tips of your finguers untell the skin is slightly melted and remoldable, lol, it doesn't hurt, much.

.....and you are joking right? I think body mods are very intrusive. I think attacking or confusing the database would be better to hide an identity.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantherlady39
oh they wont ive never ever been arrested or do i have any record so their for they have no dna or fingerprint's my fiance call's me a good women.

Having a record has only half to do with it. You also have a credit record. No one has a right to make records of your actions to be used against you. If they do, then we should make a DB of records on them and use it against them.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by quiksilver
leet haxoring .

what is leet ? and what is haxing?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

Originally posted by pantherlady39
oh they wont ive never ever been arrested or do i have any record so their for they have no dna or fingerprint's my fiance call's me a good women.

Having a record has only half to do with it. You also have a credit record.

their r plenty of people out their that have bad and good credit.so what r u saying that they can stil find u by ur credit record's?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
simple, go live under a bridge

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
1. go to the graveyard and find a tombstone of a dead person that is the same gender & close to your age.
2. write to your government & request a copy of the birth certificate, with the birth certificate write to the gov't for a social insurance/security number for that name. the beauraucrats will send you one eventually.
3. go down to a dmv/driver licence place with your new social security / insurance card & get a new drivers licence.
there you go new identity with no debt or bad credit history.

it really works

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Oh if it was only that easy BattleofBatoche...

California Law;
www.vitalchek.com...

Check your state;
www.vitalchek.com...

It used to be easy to do that but they got wise as they always do eventually. Remember, you are working with a government that has control and tracking of it's subjects down to a fine art.

Being homeless won't work, especially in a city, cause you'll run into the cops eventually. They target homeless ppl looking for parole violations and drugs etc...
There are places, which I'll keep to myself, that you can go to and live outside the system here in the U.S. You'd be living in a tent with hippies for neighbors but you wouldn't need money, which is the biggest hurdle really.

[edit on 30/1/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Really depends on what kind of resources you have, how resourceful you are & how you want to live.

I wont bite on this because I'm the paranoid type & I'll reserve my ideas for myself just in case I ever decide to disappear. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Actually, Batoche is in Canada and it is just that easy here..... Our provinces don't communicate much, so it's always best to get the birth certificate from a different one than you plan on living in.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

Originally posted by ANOK

Actually, Batoche is in Canada and it is just that easy here..... Our provinces don't communicate much, so it's always best to get the birth certificate from a different one than you plan on living in.

You're lucky then....I suggest you do it quick before your laws change too...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by _LOST_
If you wanted to "disappear" how would you do it?

If i told you that i'd have to kill you

But seriously i'd probably just keep on the move with a laptop, wouldn't be able to last more than a day without a computer, too many withdrawal symptoms. I'd find out everything i could about whoever was after me and use that to stay one step ahead. Then i'd use wireless access points in public buildings to log onto ATS and let you all know how i'm getting on

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Here in the USA you can lose your credit history by just changing your name. I mean legally changing it. In most places it can be done in less than 3 days and under $200. You have to change the whole name - first and last anyway, just changing one or the other won't do it.

I live in Texas and I had my name - first and last name - legally changed - I wasn't trying to disappear or anything, but I quickly noticed that after the name change I had no credit history. None.

Interesting to note - the courts here don't keep records of name changes, at least not records that cross reference with very many other records. If I lose my name change paperwork, I have to refile, I can't just go get a copy from the court because they don't keep them (I know this because my house flooded last year and I lost my paperwork!) The only info I know they kept would have been a copy of the reciept where I paid court costs. I didn't even officially appear on a docket, so no record there.

My spouse did the same thing in Washington state so I can speak for at least two states - there are ways to get around credit histories and it's amazing how many people can't find you after a name change.

If you are interested in living under the radar - contact these folks or better yet, show up in person - they do amazing things
at least that is what I hear - wouldn't know much myself of course

www.welcomehome.org...

edit: puncutation and sspelling erorss

[edit on 1/30/05 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
what was that movie with Angelina Jolie? where the guy kills people he wants to be and then assumes their life? Would that be a feesible way of doing it?

Tahlen

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I’d go for a long sail. Would have to get used to eating a lot of seafood, though…

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
.. Maybe I should, "disappear." Panama's a nice place where much is cheap, you can dress yourself from head to toe for $30 there. Does anyone know of any other places where inflation just hasn't occured yet?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
Really depends on what kind of resources you have, how resourceful you are & how you want to live.

I wont bite on this because I'm the paranoid type & I'll reserve my ideas for myself just in case I ever decide to disappear.

that's what ive been saying.so i agree with u.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by quiksilver
Your identity is all practically electronic these days.
First and foremost, dont let your dna or fingerprints get recorded.
Then become a L337 haxor and change or delete all your records.
Burn off your finger prints and permanently stop all hair growth on your body. wala :>

Dont forget to take out all your teeths also. You can still get you by dental records.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Dont forget to take out all your teeths also. You can still get you by dental records.

Yeah, when you're dead or caught anyway. Who asks you to bite down into wax for ID, seriously?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by shbaz

Yeah, when you're dead or caught anyway. Who asks you to bite down into wax for ID, seriously?

As far as being identified your pretty much screwed these days because of DNA, though they're only collecting samples of felons these days I'm sure eventually we will all be in a database.

[edit on 1-2-2005 by outsider]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Dissapearing isint as hard as you would think really. The only hitches are family that might look for you or outstanding warrants w/ the police. If you've got no family, friends or legal problems all you have to do is burn your important papers and IDs, grab the pack and walk off one day. Nobody notices one hiker among the many heading off into the woods. Or if you want fade into the human traffic of a city; but that requires contact with other humans thus munging the whole off-the-radar concept.

<< 1    3 >>

join