It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone did a profile of liberals and they scored a zero

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy
Seriously.
In the context of the Thesis of the video in the OP, the use of the word Everyone is to plead guilty to all accusations laid out in his talk.

The text that I was replying to did not specify that it was only referring to the accusation in the video. I understood it to be of a general nature. Therefore, I wasn't talking about the specific accusations in the video.

I was talking about everyone's natural reaction to accusations in general, especially false accusations.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

But as a conservative he is willing to be judged, correct?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: twfau

But as a conservative he is willing to be judged, correct?

Yes.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The first paragraph rejects his judgement,

It also makes a good argument.

the second passes judgement on him.

Based on the argument provided.

That is what we do here, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Holy crap. You really don't see the irony, do you?

What name have I called anyone?

Evidence please.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Who is the one suffering from projection here?

I would give you a /hug but I feel you would be threatened by it, so I just say, I love you.

Mike Grouchy

Sigh.

You were applying the five pillars to "liberals." I say that in quotes because you actually were applying it to your own prejudiced view of liberals as defined by the video in your OP and further defined by your pillar meme. (Which is name calling if you want to get technical.)

The irony is apparent, as the poster could easily have been titled "Republicans and Conservatives" as seen by liberals.

That you don't see that = irony

I don't believe you love me. But I'm always willing to hug someone who needs it.

Even you, Mike, in spite of the irony.

Heck, I'm gonna call it HUG A CONSERVATIVE DAY!!

((((((((HUG))))))))

Obviously you need this. Why put up this thread otherwise if you didn't want the attention?

That ...
That was beautiful.

I am inspired to post a poem.

The ego that can be spoken is not the true ego.

It is the Tao that one drinks that is the eternal Tao.
If I take the Tao from your lips and drink it then you have spoken the true Tao.
If you speak of the Tao, and I answer with words of Tao, then there is no Tao between us.

For what is heaven but the blessing of our own descendants upon their memory of us.
If our descendants curse all their ancestors are we not cursed.
And if strangers bless us as their new ancestor are we not blessed with new children.

When we burn Joss Paper are we not admitting that our ancestors are lacking in rewards.
When we speak flaming Joss how can we drink the Tao.
Is it ego that guides us to drink the Tao, from many ancestors, even our own.

Notice I didn't say that the 5 pillars applied to all conservatives all the time, I said that liberals could turn the tables on that blanket statement and it would FEEL the same to them. See? Two sides of a coin.

The SAME blanket misconceptions can be thrown around, and both sides can be guilty of it. In some cases they might even be true , but not absolutely, not for everyone, not on every subject, not even close.

edit on 27-1-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

liberals are willing to sit in Judgement,
but they are not willing to be judged.

Two simple sentences.
Complete truth.
edit on 27/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

All facts

Don't forget that if we use rational thinking that means we are defending our cult leader

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: PageLC14

My first post in the thread is a reaction to my frustration of constantly seeing these idiotic threads where Conservatives pretend to know what Liberals think and use that as a pretext to insult and demean liberals and any liberals who deem to post in the threads. And you've been feeding into the propaganda without even questioning it (despite admitting your knowledge of politics is small). The reason I'm talking to you and only you is because I feel like you can be helped to have a more mature political outlook then "RAWR! Liberals are stupid!!! HERP DERP!"

What are you babbling about?

Liberals, at least the far left, always tell us what they think. Vote for Trump and you're a racist, if you're white you're privileged and don't get an opinion, if you want closed borders you're also racist and anti-Mexican, if you want to confront radical Islam you hate all Muslims, and we're also homophobic, nationalist nazis.

Here's an idea. If that's NOT what the far left thinks, then go tell them to frame an actual argument instead of throwing out labels.

That is simply not true of most liberals. I and every other liberal I know have repeatedly stated that we don't believe most people who voted Trump are racists. We HAVE said that some of the things Trump says have attracted that small slice of the population out there that IS racist.

I and every other liberal I know have said that if you say things like "Mexicans are only coming here to take advantage of free stuff without working for it", then you sound like you are anti-Mexican.

I and every other liberal I know have said that if you say things like "Islam is a scourge on the planet that needs to be removed in it's entirety", and "all Muslims secretly cheer when ISIS kills non-Muslims" that you sound like you hate all Muslims.

I and every other liberal I know have said that if you say things like "those queers just want to shove their lifestyle down out throats and they want us to worship them", or "Who cares about trannies. They are just freaks who want special rights", that you sound like a homophobe/transphobe.

So no, I don't think that most liberals call everyone who voted for Trump a racist or a xenophobe or homophobe or transphobe. You earn those titles by saying the awful, hateful, bigoted things some of you say.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Two simple sentences.
Complete truth.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Two simple sentences.
Complete truth.

Oh please.

We are all guilty of judging and no one likes to be judged.

Here:
conservatives are willing to sit in Judgement

Mirror Mirror
edit on 27-1-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Oh please.

We are all guilty of judging and no one likes to be judged.

Here:
conservatives are willing to sit in Judgement

Mirror Mirror

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea maxima Culpa.

edit on 27-1-2017 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I guess that's that but before we go, what does any of this have to do with the guy who saved the Arizona trooper?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I guess that's that but before we go, what does any of this have to do with the guy who saved the Arizona trooper?

The thesis in the OP video is that modern liberals are not bad people.

I took a lot of heat eight years ago when I started advocating, here on ATS, for the purchase of firearms as a way to protect ourselves and to help the police do their job.

The guy who saved the trooper has come over to our side.

He understands that the desire for equal outcomes is not the same thing as taking full responsibility for one's own input.

Modern liberals, as explained in the video, expect equal outcomes.
They are not willing to admit that some people try harder, work harder, and thus earn better results.

Thank you for reading.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I mean, there really are no absolute morals, and all ideals ARE inherently subjective. I challenge you to prove otherwise. You can hate me, but how am I wrong about that?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The guy who saved the trooper has come over to our side.

I'm seeing apples to oranges here.

I do know that it isn't uncommon for liberals to own and even love guns.

I'd say that the antifa and anarchists, which are among the ones stirring trouble, are gun lovers and are actually pushing for free market capitalism.

They are not willing to admit that some people try harder, work harder, and thus earn better results.

As for this oversimplification of liberal ideology, I disagree. I don't see them pushing for equal outcomes.

You often come across some who might advocate for social safety nets and fixed minimums but I don't think most seek to limit people's achievements. That is something that most americans seem to agree on. Like Tearman pointed out in as previous post, there are more than a couple things that both sides have in common.

edit on 27-1-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

NOT equal outcomes... Oh my! Where did you hear such a thing?? Perhaps the most rabid Marxist might believe that, but not your average American liberal...

Hoo boy. That is a misconception.

My general sense of it is that liberals want to create less disparity, not just for one group or another, but for everyone, so that the playing field of OPPORTUNITY is available to everyone who is willing to put in the effort, to work for what they want, to take steps to succeed.

When it is obviously NOT that way, liberals seek to change it so that it can be. We get called "special snowflakes" for attempting to create these opportunities by those who do not see a need for such societal ladders, who don't see how sick people are being forced into poverty (thus increasing the need for food stamps and welfare), how discrimination against certain groups is bad not only for them, but for the whole of society - that sort of thing.

It admittedly gets tricky when it becomes a matter of someone's religious convictions going against someone's Constitutional right to equal protection under the law and where that line should be drawn. We generally come down on the side of equal protection over religious belief, but we have to be careful that religious belief isn't trampled thus creating another lack of equal protection under the law! Crazy stuff!

We are not, in any way, of the belief that we should all be "100% equal" in ANY way other than under the Constitution, and in the eyes of the law. How boring would that be?? We also believe that the INDIVIDUAL has both personal liberty AND a commitment to the greater community in which that person lives.

We believe that, as a rich and just nation, we should not allow people to fall through cracks because that is wrong from a moral standpoint, as well as a pragmatic stance -- for example, greater economic stability and opportunity will decrease crime, and therefore lessens the amount of money spent on the justice system, on housing criminals, and increases the number of people abel to legally and freely contribute to their own good and the good of society.

We believe strongly in personal choice and liberty, in freedom of expression, following your bliss, making your own way, etc. We don't like to color inside the box all the time... And we are live and let live folk, by and large, UNTILL someone is left out in the cold due to prejudice or injustice, and then we attack like yard dogs... Sometimes we go overboard in our anger and enthusiasm to the point of *eyeroll* even for our fellow liberals, but the majority have the goal of keeping themselves and others from being pushed around by prejudice, and want to ensure ALL our rights are upheld.

We are awesome at protesting, and can do so very peacefully, though some of the super radicals like to dust things up and break #. They are a minority, usually, but we all get painted with that brush by conservatives who are mad we are protesting their awesomeness (come on, admit it - you do that!).

Now, I've said "we" a lot, but really, that's not fair. I can't really say "we." I probably speak for a group within the larger umbrella of "liberal" but certainly not for all liberals, nor do I claim to have spoken for the majority even, but for myself and those I personally know, this is a fairly accurate slice of beliefs.

peace,

AB

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

There you go again telling liberals what they believe.

Liberals do not believe in equal outcomes. They believe in certain minimum assurances, and they also believe that too much power in too few hands is not a good thing. That's pretty far from equal outcome.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
No.

It is because Krazyshot claimed to be a Conservitive when they first started posting on a regular basis.

a reply to: Hazardous1408

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

Truth Hurts

Not this one.
Even liberals can laugh along with him,
be amazed,
and feel the fog lift from their hearts and minds.

Being empowered to stop being someone who has "played yourself" and remembering what you really want, feels good.

Mike Grouchy

So, I played, pretty fascinating stuff, what struck me is the conviction that he was right, that the left were wrong, unfortunately for you right leaning folk all it did was have me watch in horror that he could make statements like that, like he knew the left mindset.

Think I just confirmed his position?

Answer me this...If my views are born out of my 5 year old self, then how come I think the way I do.

I was born in 1978, my formative years were dominated by a right wing narrative (Thatcher came to power in 1979 and remained till 1990), my family was supportive of the right wing (my Nan always read The Sun...she loved to play bingo, don't ask), my mother voted Conservative till the early 90's and my Grandfather was a multimillionaire property developer.

So by his logic, how did I become left leaning, if my world was dominated by right wing thinking?

Chances are exposure to the world around me shaped me views, I can remember the miners strike and having empathy with them, I remember Neil Kinnock leader of the opposition (Labour) talking on the television and finding myself aligned with his views, agreed with his morality.

So out of one ideology...the dominant one at the time, I quite naturally rejected to agree with an opposing one.

This means the guy's theory doesn't stand up, certainly not for me.

I'm always up for taking a peek at the other side, yet if the right wing dominance of the day cannot sway me under the age of 10, what chance do you think this video had.

Sorry, I cannot accept his analysis, he did get one thing right, I've said it before and will continue to.

There is a fundamental difference in morality between the left and the right, which blinds both sides, neither is 100% right or wrong, they are merely different ways of thinking.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

Truth Hurts

Not this one.
Even liberals can laugh along with him,
be amazed,
and feel the fog lift from their hearts and minds.

Being empowered to stop being someone who has "played yourself" and remembering what you really want, feels good.

Mike Grouchy

originally posted by: solargeddon

So, I played, pretty fascinating stuff, what struck me is the conviction that he was right, that the left were wrong, unfortunately for you right leaning folk all it did was have me watch in horror that he could make statements like that, like he knew the left mindset.

Think I just confirmed his position?

Answer me this...If my views are born out of my 5 year old self, then how come I think the way I do.

I was born in 1978, my formative years were dominated by a right wing narrative (Thatcher came to power in 1979 and remained till 1990), my family was supportive of the right wing (my Nan always read The Sun...she loved to play bingo, don't ask), my mother voted Conservative till the early 90's and my Grandfather was a multimillionaire property developer.

So by his logic, how did I become left leaning, if my world was dominated by right wing thinking?

Chances are exposure to the world around me shaped me views, I can remember the miners strike and having empathy with them, I remember Neil Kinnock leader of the opposition (Labour) talking on the television and finding myself aligned with his views, agreed with his morality.

So out of one ideology...the dominant one at the time, I quite naturally rejected to agree with an opposing one.

This means the guy's theory doesn't stand up, certainly not for me.

I'm always up for taking a peek at the other side, yet if the right wing dominance of the day cannot sway me under the age of 10, what chance do you think this video had.

Sorry, I cannot accept his analysis, he did get one thing right, I've said it before and will continue to.

There is a fundamental difference in morality between the left and the right, which blinds both sides, neither is 100% right or wrong, they are merely different ways of thinking.

26 uses of the words I, me, and my,
out of 260 words, about 10%;

Obama? Is that you?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join