It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone did a profile of liberals and they scored a zero

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have met some great people who are liberals. I didn't watch the video, but the quote that suggests that the inteligence behind liberal thought represents evil struck me a little bit. I think many liberals are of the belief that they are altruistic in their motives. Their accountability is to self and what they deem to be a more perfect society. It is odd to me that many liberals share values with conservatives, but their own altruistic vision allows for an all encompassing society where often times the perpetrators are the victims of modern day society

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

OK, I apologize for giving you the wrong idea of my view. I guess I could have been a little more clear from the beginning. Maybe instead of saying I don't want to be a liberal I could have said I am not a liberal.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

That's better. I really don't care what someone's political beliefs are. I just get mad at people arrogantly assuming MY beliefs.

ETA: Plus you should never be ashamed of your political beliefs. That's how political suppression wins.
edit on 27-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I don't think being uninformed is exclusive to any side.

One should also not mistake being uninformed with being misinformed.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is why I hate and pretty much avoid coming into these types of threads. I'm in WAY over my head. I'll be the first to tell all of you that I don't know what the hell is going on. I didn't know squat about politics until almost the end of this election. Yes, it's sad, but it's the truth. But, based on what I've gathered from my own research, comparing the different views of each party on today's issues, I am a Republican and on the more conservative side at that. I'll admit that yes, I DO NOT want to be a liberal because they do tend to look stupid. The majority of them do think like 5 year old, in a sense, and seem to throw major fits over not getting their way. So, yes, it's embarrassing. But I never said that's WHY I'm not a liberal or a Democrat. Only that I'd be embarrassed to admit I were.
edit on 27-1-2017 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
The majority of them do think like 5 year old, in a sense, and seem to throw major fits over not getting their way.

Have you personally spoken to the entire majority of liberals in this country? This is called a strawman by the way and is the VERY arrogance I just got done telling you that I hate.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Which was exactly the reason for my first post. I wanted to see how many people arrogantly assumed my position based on what little I gave them.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Which was exactly the reason for my first post. I wanted to see how many people arrogantly assumed my position based on what little I gave them.

Yet you are guilty of some of those very same things. You expose yourself every time you relay one of your opinions about liberals.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

It wasn't until the second read through that I realized you weren't talking about Rush the band.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No I have not. But I've seen their fits in the riots and crybaby sessions all over the news. That seems like a majority to me. But what do I know..

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Well that was also true. He was a big metal head in the 80's.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Basing your ideology on ego rather than solid logic places you in the snowflake category....I warned you!

At least you are still around and haven't run off to your safe place.

edit on 27-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

No I have not. But I've seen their fits in the riots and crybaby sessions all over the news. That seems like a majority to me. But what do I know..

Clearly you don't know what a "some to all" logical fallacy is.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
We interrupt this program to play an original song composed by a member of ATS.

"Tire Swing"
Member: gentledissident
Original thread Sept 22 2015: ATS: My Rock Demo

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Then help me form a better opinion of them. You said earlier you were liberal, right, or at least insinuated you were by taking everything that anyone says against liberals as a personal attack on you as an individual. Instead of acting out in that way why don't you actually inform me of how you are different than the ones I have such an incorrect view of.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Don't tempt me. I'm this close to running off now. Keep up with the snowflake thing and I will.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Why should I talk down to you about how I act? Use your own judgement; we've been having a conversation for a while and I post enough here that you should at least recognize my user name. Do you think I'm uninformed and a snowflake?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

Don't tempt me. I'm this close to running off now. Keep up with the snowflake thing and I will.

Don't leave! This is the mudpit. When you sleep with dogs, expect to get a few fleas. It's all good!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Talk down to me? Ouch. That one hurt.

And no, I do not think you are uniformed but the way you came across when you first replied to the OP does make me think you're a snowflake. Lol. F this F that! Don't tell me how to think! Now I'm beginning to think you did it on purpose.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Talk down to me? Ouch. That one hurt.

And no, I do not think you are uniformed but the way you came across when you first replied to the OP does make me think you're a snowflake. Lol. F this F that! Don't tell me how to think! Now I'm beginning to think you did it on purpose.

You threaten to leave if I call you a snowflake but you don't hesitate to insult others. oh the irony....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join