It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone did a profile of liberals and they scored a zero

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Talk about an echo chamber. Some random guy posts a YouTube video that essentially boils down to a straw man argument and the Right Wingers use that as an excuse to bash half the population while patting themselves on the back.

Wow, that's pretty skilled.

How many hands do I have?

Does one bash with one hand or two, cause I need one hand to pat myself on the back. And, apparently, I made a straw man; brought it into the room, took out the straw man, and boiled things down. So lets see....
    boiled down
    straw man construction
    straw man delivery
    bashing
    patting self on back

Am I an octopus?

Mike Grouchy

Ok. I get it Now. This is just one giant troll thread.

Enjoy yourself, tiger.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy
Congratulations on scoring 5 out of 5,
and in order no less.

Sorry but:
1. I'm not hysterical. I'm just chatting on the net.
2. They are the speakers words. He really said them.
3. Again it is what the person said.
4. Pointing out fallacies in a logical discussion is not name calling
5. I have no political affiliation so what guilt would I be projecting?

I'm not even sure who this person is talking for because I have seen many right wing sources say the US went into Iraq for the oil, they also speak pretty bad about the little beautiful democracy (Israel) that he mentions as a target of liberal hate. But he does make it a point to say that liberals (with a small l) are 180° opposed to "good things".

I guess you took something else away from his speech.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: AboveBoard

Holy crap. You really don't see the irony, do you?

That the only real difference between liberals and ISIS is one likes guns the other doesn't ?

Neo. I was talking about the five pillars in the picture. That is where the irony is.

Otherwise, I have no idea what you are talking about

I learned to shoot as a kid. I don't currently own a gun but I have plenty of family members who do and I completely respect their gun ownership.

So...

Why would you EVER think that I am like ISIS?
You should know better
Than
That.

edit on 27-1-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ten minutes in I turned it off. He began as a nice enough kind of guy but then, almost immediately sank into absolutism.
Do you know absolutism? He demonstrates it perfectly by stating that liberals do not just take the wrong side of most issues, they take the wrong side of EVERY issue.

But I stopped the recording when he said he had figured out their problem when comparing liberals to a guy who says his he hates his wife. But not really, he is still married to her after 35 years. But then the two guys see his wife outside being beaten up and will not go out to help her because 'she deserves it''..He really does hate his wife.

That he says are liberals, they say the love American but really don't. They really hate America

That is absolutist and pretty much crap.

But in respect to Mike, I turned it back on again and tried to give it more time. I lasted two minutes and stopped again. Pretty much garbage. What he might have said might have had some value to me, trying to understand how some conservatives see liberals. I could see no reason to go farther as what I had just heard was an absolutist calling people of what he thinks of as being opposite to him, absolutist.

He was speaking to a partisan crowd, at the Heritage Foundation for crying out loud. A conservative absolutist making jokes about liberal absolutists to a group of conservative absolutists. Not funny and not worth paying attention to

There was a Comedy Central Roast recently. A roast of Rob Lowe. We know those roasts. A gaggle of foul mouthed comics making seriously vile jokes about one another. Well that show had one major difference. That show had as one of the roasters Ann Coulter.

As each of the roasters roasted Lowe, they also roasted the other roasters. Each comic that came to Coulter roasted her over an open fire of liberal vrs conservative slander. Funny funny funny. But that is the point of those roasts. Then it was her turn.

She stood up and began. Now as much as I do not agree with most of what Coulter has said over the years to cement herself in the conservative pantheon of fiction peddlers, the jokes she tossed out, with that dead pan face of hers, her knowing little smirk were just luscious comedy. Aptly sprung arrows straight to the heart of liberal hypocrisy, each one funnier than the last. Her few minutes at the dais were comedy gold. I laughed my ass off.

The audience, who had laughed at all the previous jokes and applauded numerous times for others crass, vile sexually exploitative and demeaning jokes about her,, laughed once or twice, but then were completely turned off. They hated the jokes she was making.

But Ann Coulter stood there and delivered her jokes and finished here time. The crowd was totally antagonistic, but she, in the spirit of roasts had presented an arch conservative style of comedy like a professional. And I loved it. I loved laughing at the liberals and then feeling distaste for the small minded liberals who filled the audience.

This fellow though, was not funny to me at all. He was not making jokes though his rep was that he is a comedian. He was preaching to the choir. He was looking for a well paying audience and conservative cred for his series of coming one night stands as was pointed out in his introduction.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I missed the small type as well.

Guess I was too focused on how it was being force-fitted.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

#beafraidoftheboogeyman

That the only real difference between liberals and ISIS is one likes guns the other doesn't ?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Another liberal hate thread... The anti-liberal/sjw propaganda is still going strong on ATS. I predict this divisive and hateful thread will garner 100 stars and be full of angry conservatives all ganging up on the liberals for trying to defend themselves.

Ummm...I thought...YOU...were a conservative...?

Must be that mandela affect...

YouSir

A prime example of why this topic is ridiculous.

Someone who doesn't know that a conservative can be liberal.

Just like all the other losers in this thread who project their inadequacies onto others.
Talking to you Neo.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It's kind of funny people actually believe liberals all share the same ideology and try to fit them in a neat little box just to reinforce what they've already been told.

Word to the wise, if you get your information about a group of people from a screen, you're going to be wrong. Damn near 100% of the time.

But hey, who cares about what the truth really is when you can watch YouTube and not have to think or analyze anything yourself?

If one is strong enough in their beliefs to have watched the video and still find him wrong, Damn near 100% of the time, I challenge that person to watch a more advanced video of his and critique that. It should be no threat to your views, or personal integrity.

youtube/Evan Sayet - Hating truth how modern liberals wind up on the wrong side of every issue
TimeStop 3:15

He made this after he got a lot of feed back on the video linked in the OP.
It is longer, about 50 minutes, contains many more facts, and covers a lot more specific examples from the media over the decades.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Doesn't the fact that Trump said "we should have kept the oil" prove, apriori that "we didn't take" the oil.

That's an odd argument to make. We cannot deduce anything about whether or not the US "took the oil" based on Donald Trump's statement. Donald Trump could after all be wrong or lying. So on that point you're wrong.

However, I suspect what you were actually trying to argue is that the US didn't "take the oil" therefore the following hypothetical statement is invalid: "of course we went into Iraq to steal their oil because that's what America does."

If we stipulate that no oil was taken, the failure to "take the oil" doesn't disprove an intention to do so, does it?

Beyond that, "taking the oil" is but one of a number of similar possible motives among an entire constellation involving access to or control of oil. As an example — perhaps the war in Iraq was in fact about oil but the purpose wasn't to "take the oil" but rather to preempt another nation from making a deal with the Saddam regime for Iraq's oil by removing Saddam from power? If that were the case, would the distinction between "taking the oil" and preventing another nation from obtaining the oil really be all that important?

EDIT:

To clarify my own point earlier:

The speaker is ridiculing his sister for believing that a possible motive for the last GOP administration launching a war in Iraq was "to take the oil" but the current GOP President is saying that we "should have taken the oil" and in fact has gone so far as to say that the US "might get another chance."

Who is actually deluded about what motivates GOP politicians? I'd say he should call his sister and apologize.
edit on 2017-1-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Another mindless attempt to explain to other people how they think and feel. If you think liberals don't understand why they hold the values that they do, that is your problem. Of course, you don't care, you're just looking for a reason to dismiss everything that they say. You're full of ****, mike.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Pathetic click bait for stars and flags. ATS and especially mud pit is the preferred platform for this type of BS; it's sad, really really sad, believe me so very very sad. People tell me how very very sad trolls are on ATS, believe me they are the saddest of sad.
edit on 27-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

The war was hoped for before 9/11, which was then used in a twisted way to justify going into Iraq.

Why do you think Bush and Cheney and the neocons wanted to do that?

Because I told them to.

On the other hand, I never told Obama to leave Iraq.

We should have stayed, just like we still have a base in Germany.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Illegal aliens can't vote

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: neo96

And the Conservatives don't? That's weird. I seem to remember plenty of Trump supporters crying when they were called racist/sexist/etc.

Liberals are:

Conservatives are:

I hate being defined, often unfairly by partisan politics as much as you do.

I think both sides are guilty of losing the plot to extremists within both parties. What should be a political system that maintains a balance of power to keep government from going to the extreme left or right is failing. Both sides should be working toward common middle ground and compromise where/when possible, not for the destruction and/or elimination of the opposition. Too often, for too long this country is pulled to the extremes of either left or right. It's incredibly frustrating honestly for someone like myself when I'm often more toward the center on many issues.

We get nowhere really in a country so bitterly divided. It seems, unfortunately to only get worse with each election cycle now. It's brutal, divisive and unnecessarily mean spirited.

I am mostly conservative, I reject the current blanket definition of what that means.

Great post.

Compromise. The center. All that good stuff.

It is unfortunate that one side defines the center, the middle ground, the area for discussion as the bedroom.
My side feels the center should be halfway between the White House and My House, which is the stripe in the middle of the road. You may have heard this sentiment before. It is used to phrased as "keep the government out of my bedroom."

Shall we resurrect the old Center of discussion.
The old Center of the road.
The old middle ground?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Pathetic click bait for stars and flags. ATS and especially mud pit is the preferred platform for this type of BS; it's sad, really really sad, believe me so very very sad. People tell me how very very sad trolls are on ATS, believe me they are the saddest of sad.

And here you are posting.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What name have I called anyone?

Evidence please.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Who is the one suffering from projection here?

I would give you a /hug but I feel you would be threatened by it, so I just say, I love you.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Obama inherited a Status of Forces Agreement. There were attempts to negotiate a new SOFA but the Iraqi parliament didn't support a continued presence of US troops and were not going to sign off on it. As Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said in 2010:

"This agreement is not subject to extension, not subject to alteration. It is sealed."

More importantly, there were elements from within Iraq like Muqtada al-Sadr who was promising open war with US troops if the occupation was extended. Sadr being a prominent radical cleric and also the commander of the two militias that make up the Mahdi Army, Saraya al Salam ("Peace Brigades") and the Liwa al Yaom al Mawood ("Promised Day Brigade").

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: olaru12

And here you are posting.

Yes, I really really really really love triggering snowflake alt rightist with Trump speech, believe me.

I love you my favorite snowflake stalker, really really I do, believe me.

edit on 27-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Ok. I get it Now. This is just one giant troll thread.

Enjoy yourself, tiger.

Trolls don't operate from a place of love.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I wasn't name calling either. Didn't keep you from invoking those 5 pillars.
edit on 27-1-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join