It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Feed Of The 44th Annual March for Life in DC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady
a reply to: Annee

You list one instructor of biomedical engineering that never had to dismember a child from it's mothers womb or watch the procedure as part of their training.

So what.

Because it bothers you, you think it's going to bother everyone else?

It's a medical procedure.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady
I take my opinion from what I have read on this forum... after all, my words won't be read by those lecturers you have been listening to, will that? no, they will be read by the people on this forum, of whom many of those identifying themselves as pro-lifers do tend to do what I described..

as far as life being sacred....
the life of the fetus cannot be more sacred than the life of the living child, the living young adult, the living mother and father, the living grandparents, can it? matter of fact, I would say that you can tell just how sacred a society thinks life is by how they treat those they are sharing the planet with now.. it's easy to treat one another well when times are good and there's plenty to go around. but not so much when there's not enough to go around. when the family's resources are not enough to full fill their desires, they start bickering as to just who's desire should be full filled, when it gets to the point where there isn't enough to full fill everyone's needs, things can get a little nastier.
when it's a society that finds itself with not enough to go around, or a country, it can get down right ugly, and we can see just how much life isn't sacred in the eyes of the people!
suddenly that sacred little life can starve to death for all that some people care, their money is their money... and again, I am talking to those who post on this forum, and I wouldn't even try to guess how many have expressed this feeling. people look to other countries, wanting their oil or some other resource... and hey they all gun hoe to go drop bombs on them to get it...
is life sacred and precious, ya, probably is... but life for many of us is like trying to balance on a tightrope while clinging to our loved ones hoping we don't lose one. and your trying to hand us another that we have no free hand to grab onto him with, thinking that we will drop one of those we are clinging to in hopes that he will be able to grab ahold of something while we grab the one you are handing to us without all of us tumbling off the rope.. and while you are doing this, your buddies are down below removing what's left of the safety net that was there to catch us.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: windword

That's not really workable, since her body is the only thing keeping that embryo/fetus alive. They are not two individual people until one of them is born.

Did you even write what you typed? You are contradicting yourself. "They" means more than one.

I understand it perfectly.

One person.

And a parasite.

Definition of parasite: an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.

If you consider a human being, in the womb, to be a parasite, I truly feel sorry for anyone under your care.

No, a human being, with unique DNA, isn't a "parasite". Way to show you have no basic concept of biology!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I take my opinion from what I have read on this forum... after all, my words won't be read by those lecturers you have been listening to, will that? no, they will be read by the people on this forum, of whom many of those identifying themselves as pro-lifers do tend to do what I described..

as far as life being sacred....
the life of the fetus cannot be more sacred than the life of the living child, the living young adult, the living mother and father, the living grandparents, can it? matter of fact, I would say that you can tell just how sacred a society thinks life is by how they treat those they are sharing the planet with now.. it's easy to treat one another well when times are good and there's plenty to go around. but not so much when there's not enough to go around. when the family's resources are not enough to full fill their desires, they start bickering as to just who's desire should be full filled, when it gets to the point where there isn't enough to full fill everyone's needs, things can get a little nastier.
when it's a society that finds itself with not enough to go around, or a country, it can get down right ugly, and we can see just how much life isn't sacred in the eyes of the people!
suddenly that sacred little life can starve to death for all that some people care, their money is their money... and again, I am talking to those who post on this forum, and I wouldn't even try to guess how many have expressed this feeling. people look to other countries, wanting their oil or some other resource... and hey they all gun hoe to go drop bombs on them to get it...
is life sacred and precious, ya, probably is... but life for many of us is like trying to balance on a tightrope while clinging to our loved ones hoping we don't lose one. and your trying to hand us another that we have no free hand to grab onto him with, thinking that we will drop one of those we are clinging to in hopes that he will be able to grab ahold of something while we grab the one you are handing to us without all of us tumbling off the rope.. and while you are doing this, your buddies are down below removing what's left of the safety net that was there to catch us.

I'm sorry that abortion is a safety net. People always have reasons for the choices they make in life. When people on ATS seem cruel about this issue it is because they strongly believe what they say. What they don't realize is that some of the readers may have had abortions and to hear it referred to as murder is more than they can bear. I made this mistake by debating when life begins with someone I love dearly. I called it killing a baby and she called it a clump of cells. I had to get a book called "The First 9 Months of Life" to show her pictures of growth at every few weeks of development in the early stages and every month in the later stages. That convinced her. What I didn't know was that she had an abortion and PP told it was just a clump of cells. She made her peace with God and knows He understands. I learned a hard lesson, too. When you talk about abortion you never walked a mile in the shoes of the of one you are talking with.

When I counseled pregnant women for a pro-life agency many years ago, adoption was the choice many made - teens, 20's and one in her 30's. Some girl chose to keep we helped them too with a support group and linked them to other resources. e.g. financial aid, prenatal advice and maternity clothes. It is very hard to raise a child without family support. I get that.

What is so bad about adoption? My few years working in the field saw many courageous women give their babies to people who wanted to be parents, but could not. If you felt your only choice was abortion why not give yourself another option, adoption? Think about what the easier decision would be to live with for the rest of your life.

I wrote a short story called "A Chance" that's floating around here on ATS. I respect those girls tremendously. I saw their tears, watched them sign the surrender documents and give their baby a kiss goodbye. I got to see the other side they didn't - the joy of a couple holding a baby they desperately wanted for the first time.

the life of the fetus cannot be more sacred than the life of the living child, the living young adult, the living mother and father, the living grandparents, can it?
IMO it is just as sacred because I believe we are made in the image and likeness of God.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: windword

That's not really workable, since her body is the only thing keeping that embryo/fetus alive. They are not two individual people until one of them is born.

Did you even write what you typed? You are contradicting yourself. "They" means more than one.

I understand it perfectly.

One person.

And a parasite.

Definition of parasite: an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.

If you consider a human being, in the womb, to be a parasite, I truly feel sorry for anyone under your care.

No, a human being, with unique DNA, isn't a "parasite". Way to show you have no basic concept of biology!

My grandkids love me.

Shall I repeat the definition of parasite?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A child in the womb is created by God and owned by God. Killing that unborn human child brings punishment for everyone involved in the decision and the murder. (fyi..Punishment comes in many forms, severities, and durations.)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
A child in the womb is created by God and owned by God. Killing that unborn human child brings punishment for everyone involved in the decision and the murder. (fyi..Punishment comes in many forms, severities, and durations.)

I'm Spiritual atheist. No God or we are our own God

I believe in an energy consciousness and a physical manifestation.

The energy consciousness is real, the physical a creation. The energy consciousness is eternal, the physical is an illusion.

I have zero qualms about not bringing an energy consciousness into this physical manifestation if conditions are not ideal.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
To return to the subject of the thread - the march today - I found a website that actually has a time lapse of the crowd.

Although the site calls the crowd "huge" (and seems to imply it's "massive) the actual march takes less than 3 minutes to pass by the webcam

So... several thousand people today.

I noticed a group in orange hats and wondered if that was an emblem or simply one group that was color-coordinated.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Thanks for sharing.

Groups chose to wear certain color hats so they can find each other.
edit on 1/28/2017 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
How Many Attended the March for Life vs. Women’s March on Washington?

Crowd size seems to be the name of the game right now, and today's March for Life event was no exception. It looks like this year had a huge attendance again. In the past, the March for Life has drawn crowds that nearly rivaled the Women's March. For example, an estimated 650,000 attended a huge March for Life rally in D.C. in 2013. In previous years, numbers ranged around 400,000. According to The Washington Post, this year's event was likely to draw hundreds of thousands of participants, similar to previous years. A more exact estimate isn't yet available as of the time of publication, but we will add the number once it is. (A very early version of this story erroneously put the number at 20,000, which was actually the attendance at the very first March for Life event.)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady
This feed has commentary and better sound:

Worthy of a re-post.
I too am Pro-life.
Thank you for the OP, and may GOD The Father Almighty, His Only Son, The Lord Jesus Christ with The Holy Ghost bless you and your family. God will remember this when you enter Heaven.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
To return to the subject of the thread - the march today - I found a website that actually has a time lapse of the crowd.

Although the site calls the crowd "huge" (and seems to imply it's "massive) the actual march takes less than 3 minutes to pass by the webcam

So... several thousand people today.

I noticed a group in orange hats and wondered if that was an emblem or simply one group that was color-coordinated.

The way you have your hands up in your avatar and your degrading, disparaging comment, you paint very misogynstic picture in one's mind. I'm sure this is not how you want to come across right?
The MSM will never publish anything against their agenda. Here is a Fox News clip displaying the crowd size in the background.

www.youtube.com...
I'm not an expert on crowd size photos, but here are some other photos that display more than a several thousand.

edit on V302017Saturdayam31America/ChicagoSat, 28 Jan 2017 11:30:51 -06001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I'm sorry that abortion is a safety net. People always have reasons for the choices they make in life. When people on ATS seem cruel about this issue it is because they strongly believe what they say.

abortion isn't the safety net that I was referring to! how many times have we heard on these boards the words...
"Why should I have to pay for your birth control?" heck reading through some of these threads I get the impression that some don't even want the insurance pool that they are in to have it covered! "Just keep your legs crossed!!!"
right??

IMO it is just as sacred because I believe we are made in the image and likeness of God.

okay, you brought God into this so I will assume that you have at least read the bible...
where in that bible does it give the wife the permission to "just keep her legs crossed" or the authority to decide that she doesn't want to go through six or more pregnancies throughout her life. it does no good for the people to tell the women to keep their legs crossed if they are working so hard to put her into this obedient submissive place where she isn't supposed to be able to have god's permission to tell her husband no!

so, I was in another discussion that I think was about the wall... and someone pipes up that we should have the welfare recipients building it. I pointed out to him that as the law is written now, in order to be on many of these welfare programs now, you have to be working a set amount of hours a week unless you have young children you are caring for. and if you are a single mom with young children, you are already putting in more than a 40 hour work week...
is was oh, no that mom isn't doing any work, why should I have to worry about taking care of her kids...
so, well, I pointed out that young children need to be cared for regardless of his desires, and it's cheaper to just let the women stay home for the taxpayer if she can't earn enough to pay for the childcare and walk away with at least enough of her money to pay for the expenses involved in getting to work, dressing the part, ect...
they now have a wall that they want to build that will cost billions of dollars... that they think that mexico will pay for... how much you want to make a bet that they will be looking at the social security fund and welfare programs as a solution to their problem??
it seems to be the solution to all their financial problems... pulling apart the safety net, on thread at a time.

save the unborn, oh ya.... but well, don't expect us to house it or feed it when it's born... YOU SHOULD HAVE KEPT YOUR LEGS CROSSED!

and there's thousands of kids sitting in our foster care system that are adoptable and have been waiting years for someone to come in and adopt them. gee, in my state, it doesn't cost that much at all, and the kid comes with some free services that hey, the mother probably wouldn't be given. and still there's 14, 15, or older kids that have been adoptable for just about all their lives!!

but the point I am trying to make is that the statement that the unborn's life is sacred falls rather flat when that life is treated as trash once it is born and we spend the kind of money we do destroying so many lives (and the lives of children yet to be concieved), in far away lands... because we want their resources!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Thank you Violater1. God bless and keep you and yours as well.

I am watching your youtube thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

www.youtube.com...

I agree that the crowd is larger than several thousand in this clip. I also see views "from the ground" in several "live" videos that were uploaded.

I'm not an expert on crowd size photos, but here are some other photos that display more than a several thousand.

Tineye search says that image is from 2014

That may be from 2017, but if you look closely at the picture you see that the crowd thins out toward the top. A better view is this overhead shot which makes it possible to estimate size

That one's from 2009

I did examine the web camera footage and found that the only ones showing crowd size from an overhead angle were the trarric cams. Unlike some of the earlier rallies, this crowd did not spill over onto the Mall.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I think one should never use abortion as birth control. If you have problems with the Bible teachings then use your contraceptives.

I used the Billings Method for my family planning. It is natural, safe and effective and cost nothing.
billings.life...

Do you think it would be better to be aborted than grow up in a foster home? One of my best friends spent a portion of her life in foster care which she much preferred to living with her natural mother.

The mother has a responsibility to the child. This applies to all consensual situations. If you want to relinquish your rights to the child, then place her for adoption. You have no justification for stabbing that person in the head and sucking their brains into a sink. Abortion is an active intervention into a natural system.

If you can't understand why it would violate someone conscience to pay for abortion through taxpayer funds. That is sad IMO. To me it would be same as paying a hit man to kill to your husband.

The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members - Mahatma Gandi

The Pro-Life Movement is the voice of society's must vulnerable members.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

there's a federal law that prohibits federal funds to pay for abortions that I agree with... unless you have a problem with it paying for medical necessary abortions, or those resulting from rape, or those that have been diagnosed with severe deformities... I don't think you have to worry about that.

You have no justification for stabbing that person in the head and sucking their brains into a sink.

first, this does not describe what happens in all abortions does it?? second, some of your pro-life buddies are so prolife that they see the contraception as being a form of abortions. heck, some even have a problem with inducing a abortion through medication when there's a tubal pregnancy... they would rather wait around till the pregnancy compromises the tube and then cut off a portion of the tube, claiming it wasn't an abortion!
as for there being no justifications, I tend to disagree with you there...

Abortion is an active intervention into a natural system.

so isn't taking antibiotics, chemotherapy to treat cancers, as well as just about every form of medical care!!! alot of women used to die when that natural system went haywire on pregnant women and you would be insane to think that birth control and abortion hasn't played a role in reducing that number. at some point, there might come a time when a pregnancy can disrupt the natural system of the mother, her ability to perform her responsibilities to those who depend on her thus disrupting the entire family to the point were the justification for an abortion is far outweighed by the justification not to.

and the problem I have with the bible teachings is that it teaches that it's the man who should be deciding weather the women is using the birth control or saying no to sex!

edit on 28-1-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

there's a federal law that prohibits federal funds to pay for abortions that I agree with... unless you have a problem with it paying for medical necessary abortions, or those resulting from rape, or those that have been diagnosed with severe deformities... I don't think you have to worry about that.

You have no justification for stabbing that person in the head and sucking their brains into a sink.

first, this does not describe what happens in all abortions does it?? second, some of your pro-life buddies are so prolife that they see the contraception as being a form of abortions. heck, some even have a problem with inducing a abortion through medication when there's a tubal pregnancy... they would rather wait around till the pregnancy compromises the tube and then cut off a portion of the tube, claiming it wasn't an abortion!
as for there being no justifications, I tend to disagree with you there...

Abortion is an active intervention into a natural system.

so isn't taking antibiotics, chemotherapy to treat cancers, as well as just about every form of medical care!!! alot of women used to die when that natural system went haywire on pregnant women and you would be insane to think that birth control and abortion hasn't played a role in reducing that number. at some point, there might come a time when a pregnancy can disrupt the natural system of the mother, her ability to perform her responsibilities to those who depend on her thus disrupting the entire family to the point were the justification for an abortion is far outweighed by the justification not to.

and the problem I have with the bible teachings is that it teaches that it's the man who should be deciding weather the women is using the birth control or saying no to sex!

How Planned Parenthood Can Spend Taxpayer Money on Abortions Despite Federal Law Prohibitions

Understanding the fungibility of money within an organization is paramount if one wants to understand why many Republicans want to pull federal dollars from Planned Parenthood. Merriam-Webster defines "fungibility" as "being something (such as money or a commodity) of such a nature that one part or quantity may be replaced by another equal part or quantity in paying a debt or settling an account."

It's OK for a Mom to get chemo to save her life because it is active intervention into a natural system, so this justifies abortion, which ends a life because it is an active intervention into a natural system?

Ok, here is a complete list of surgical abortion procedures with a link to chemical procedures.
Abortion Methods Surgical Procedures

As far as ectopic pregnancy my faith says abortion is justified if the life of the mother is in danger. Anybody that claims otherwise hasn't thought the issue through. I never heard of anyone making that claim. If she has to be bed-ridden for a period, that is what family and friends are for. I have come to realize where there is a will there is a way. When you don't want to do something you find an excuse.

Don't give up on God. He never gives up on you.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

religious organizations also receive federal grants to do something, like helping immigrants and refugees get settled in.. that money isn't supposed to be used to teach the christian religion to anyone..
if you chose to use the argument that you presented concerning federal money they get, well, one can also argue that the money that is being given to those christian groups is just as spongable and doesn't even to close to have as much oversight as planned parenthood has been put through..

the catholic hospitals will not do abortions, and what I described was what I understand is there way of dealing with etopic pregnancies... go and do some research into it and see...

If she has to be bed-ridden for a period, that is what family and friends are for. I have come to realize where there is a will there is a way. When you don't want to do something you find an excuse.

well, my first point is she really doesn't have to be bed-ridden, does she...
although in many states, she might find herself being force into a hospital if she decides she should be..
if the family lives far away and the friends just decide they have better ways to spend their time, well, more than likely she is gonna be up and moving around, doing the best she can to make sure her family is taken care of, particularly the little ones. which will risk not only the baby's life, but also that of the mother.

so that are the options you are presented with, unless of course you want to exalt the fetal rights above those of the mothers, to her own body!!
allow her to abort the baby and just by pass the whole thing.
force her to go into the hospital for a nice long stay and possibly throw her kids into a foster home..
leave her to make her own decision as to weather or not she will follow the doctor's advice..
but to just assume that she will just have all the assistance she needs, childcare for her kids, people flocking to clean her home.. that is just an error on your part.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

www.ewtn.com...

Did you mean to say "desiring to worship another" in your signature?

My parting gift to you is a song.

Bye.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join