It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Feed Of The 44th Annual March for Life in DC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir
Teaching young people about sexual responsibility is a tough job.

I try to teach young women that unfairly, the responsibility for preventing unwanted pregnancies, falls in their laps, because it is their body that will be the home for that new life they created.

I try to teach them that birth control pills are not always 100% effective, especially if they are not taken correctly, and I encourage they demand their mates use a condom. I hear all too frequently, "He doesn't like to wear a condom." I suggest that, no condom no sex, but too many young girls fall back on abortion for the results of irresponsible behavior.

When I push for their reasons for not being proactive in demanding the protection of their bodies from pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, before they occur. I get the shrugged shoulders and the whispered, "we are careful most of the time".

Young people really do believe they are invincible and that bad things only happen to other people, it will never happen to them.
edit on 27-1-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Ummm...Thank you Night Skye...You are on the frontline...and education is the key to understanding the roles played...

Unfortunately...I think that education falls short...the argument devolves to..."it's too graphic"...
It SHOULD be graphic...without the full understanding of what the experience is...not for the one pregnant...but for the one that is sacrificed on the alter of convenience...for the fetus...for the life that never had a chance...

For the life that never had a say...
For the life whose rights were subject to the whim of carelessness and convenience...All too often...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

No American should ever be afraid to speak or march for what they believe.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

true, agreed.

but the womens march thread the comments were a bit different eh...

----
im pro life, but there are implications which arent always black or white.
teaching younger folks about sexual responsibility is the most effective way to prevent unplanned pregnancy. that effectiveness crumbles though when the pregnancy was not through sexual consent. this isnt a difficult idea to grasp and come up with a more viable solution instead of a black or white ideology.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Ummm...Thank you Night Skye...You are on the frontline...and education is the key to understanding the roles played...

Unfortunately...I think that education falls short...the argument devolves to..."it's too graphic"...
It SHOULD be graphic...without the full understanding of what the experience is...not for the one pregnant...but for the one that is sacrificed on the alter of convenience...for the fetus...for the life that never had a chance...

For the life that never had a say...
For the life whose rights were subject to the whim of carelessness and convenience...All too often...

YouSir

When they end up with me, they have already gotten past the "too graphic" part of life. As a Forensic Nurse, the primary focus of my job is to assess the patient for injury, and to obtain any necessary medical treatment, mentally or physically, that is required prior to proceeding to the collection of physical evidence.

My patient isn't just a portable crime scene. I assess for all their needs, and this almost always places me in the position where I have to listen, analyze, treat, refer, counsel, support, and instruct.

The barriers to understanding for my patients are not from lack of experience or understanding, but due to fear and trauma.

I do seminars in schools and local venues, because my goal is to reduce the number of men, women, and children that end up as my patients. A good week for me is when I get zero call outs. Though that is a good week for me, I know that I am only one person, so I continue to pray, because if they aren't calling me, one of the other nurses is getting the call.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady
Crowd size estimates upwards to one half million according to 2nd video posted.

I think someone added a zero to the numbers.

I was in the march last week and have a decent feel for how big a crowd 550,000 people is. The Women's March stretched for over 10 blocks when the crowd was just standing there and took up a lot more territory when they were moving.

If you watched the traffic cams (I did, and the archives are out there), this march was smaller, stretching only 5-7 streets. Currently I see some near the Senate building, but not large numbers.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Wow, you really do believe in forcing women to do things with their bodies against their will...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Gee , Oh Look , Women who Actually Think Killing their Unborn Children is Morally Wrong . How Refreshing.....

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What does "pro-life" mean?

I don't anyone who is anti-life. But I do know some people who are anti-choice. I was, however, glad to see several signs in today's march that said "Choose Life"! I support that! I'm pro-choice.

I do feel bad for many of these women and groups who attended the March for Life this year, as it appears to have been organized by the Trump Administration, even though I know that's not true.

That's too bad for many of them, whose values, I'm sure, don't align with this administration's orders to end funding to refugee camps abroad, cut funding to UN sponsored medical facilities that respect women's rights to choose, and has blocked US sanctuary for women and children from the war torn countries that we've bombed.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
As someone from Indiana that never voted for Pence let me just say to America, I am truly sorry for that asshole.

He puts faith and party before his elected job to the detriment of all. He almost cost the state of Indiana millions (not unlike NC) with his religious bigotry bill. Luckily for the state our businesses are surprisingly progressive on such issues because it hurts them when trying to hire new talent or bring in out side businesses. He and the GOP helped cause the AIDS outbrake in southern Indiana due to closure of Planned Parenthood in the region (which didnt even offer abortions) and failure to lift the ban on needle exchanges because war on drugs BS until it was far to late.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Excellent event, and yeah, we can bet that the MSM won't talk about the vast numbers of Americans involved with this one!! Too busy talking about the other side to bother!! If they were honest, and actually reporters, they'd cover both equally.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

oh, then there's this one:

Trump's second action that women should be concerned about? His proposed budget cuts, one of which would acutely affect women in America who are victims of sexual assault or domestic violence. According to The Hill, Trump's budget plan would eliminate grants bestowed by the Department of Justice office that specifically investigates crimes against women. In 2016, that office provided $480 million in aid.

Violence Against Women Grants were established in 1994 to prevent attacks on women and support victims through grants. Trump's proposal would cut federal funding for victims' transitional housing, legal aid, and criminal justice training on sexual violence. Here's a list of the grant programs that would be affected:

www.popsugar.com...

lol... who would have thought that trump would be against grants to help the victims of sexual asault and domestic violence...

edit on 27-1-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Of course! What else could we expect from this TrumPutin Administration?

Russian Lawmakers Vote to Decriminalize Domestic Violence !

Putting women BACK in their place!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

There are two lives inside one body. Two individuals with their own DNA. The womens claim to her body ends where the body inside her begins.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
They should put me in a cage and drag me down the street with a sign that says: "We Own You Body".

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

That's not really workable, since her body is the only thing keeping that embryo/fetus alive. They are not two individual people until one of them is born.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

well they need to protect those men out there who might just not take no for an answer when their wives do what the pro-live people tell them to and keep their legs crossed!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I don't anyone who is anti-life.

How about Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood?

On the extermination of blacks: "We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

www.dianedew.com...

She was Hitler in a dress IMO.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It was a wonderful march! So very many young people were involved. a reply to: DBCowboy

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join