It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calexit backers can begin collecting signatures to qualify for 2018 ballot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I'm fine with losing Cali, the democratic party will never win another Primary election then...Also, good luck with your water situation Cali, because the US ain't sharing resources!!
edit on 27-1-2017 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Maybe they are going to let all the Illegals vote for this to get it passed.

I have no problem with the Hispanic people, I think there are a lot of good people coming across the boarder illegaly. We just need to stop the troublesome ones. There are quite a few bad ones coming in too, ones with a chip on their shoulder that does not need to be there.

We should make it easier and cheaper for the good ones to come here.
edit on 27-1-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I hope it goes through.That would give me a green light to move my family out of this insane state!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible

Hope you're interested in a new diet plan if this happens.

California grows pretty much all the food.

But I'm sure we could just import replacement foods from Mexico.

Oh... wait...

Weird...
so who's going to provide your National Defense?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I hope they get their wish. And for those brilliant minds who think that since Cali grows lots of fruit and veggies, well, I hear tell that there is ample farmland all over, and in some places, farmers are paid NOT TO GROW stuff. So if things like that were changed, and a market emerged, I feel pretty safe in saying that the resiliency of the American people will adapt, improvise, and overcome.

They already act like they are from another country, might as well live the dream.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Won't happen... There is only 2 ways for a state to leave the Union.

1 - Armed revolt
2 - Consent of the states (yes states is plural)

All states would have to hold a vote to authorize CA leaving.

Finally do people really want the Left coast to be its own nation? Right now we have a say in what they do because it affects everyone. Give them independent sovereignty and I can only imagine the nightmare that would be created on our door steps.

As a side note the GDP of California is about 5 trillion dollars.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Great, except for one problem.

It means the Taxpayers of the Real US would have to pony up even MORE $$$$$$$ for an even LONGER wall!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i'm quite sure the south would love a california exit, our agricultural sector would thrive once again and we could maybe escape poverty for once.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

you know trump wanted to take the oil in the middle east? do you really trump would let them have there gold and oil if they left the country? whatever army Cali would have left after they leave would not be enough.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

oh Cali gets a lot in federal aid money, maybe that would be enough to pay for the wall since they wouldn't get it anymore.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible

Hope you're interested in a new diet plan if this happens.

California grows pretty much all the food.

But I'm sure we could just import replacement foods from Mexico.

Oh... wait...

Weird...

Or Americans can try this weird thing nobody has ever heard of called "Growing your own food". Get your hands dirty and grow your own crap.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Oh, please! Like Cali could make money without selling the US their produce, let alone think about not exporting to the US!

I LOL'd

They are dependent upon us even now.
edit on 1272017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

are you suggesting that if California leaves that it won`t sell food to the U.S?

they will sell food to the U.S. and we`ll get a better deal on it after trump get`s finished negotiating trade deals with them.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: luke1212

You know the sad truth is that Caly is the world's seventh largest economy and they pay more into the Feds than they get back.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: luke1212

They would flounder for a few years, and they would just be annexed to Mexico after they flood Cali

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
That is a long wall to build, we have to make California pay for it by putting an import tax on anything coming to the US from California. That will help the rest of us with job creation here in America. Texas can drop their thoughts of leaving the USA if California leaves. I suppose we will be having all sorts of Illegal Californians sneaking into our country to get jobs if California leaves the Union.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I wonder what the import duty will be on all the Silicon Valley tech?

Does anyone think high tech companies would be incented to leave California? Doubtful in my opinion, haveing worked for some of the biggest - too many self-entitled young'uns and too many H1Bs.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Need to broadcast the entire Zorro catalogue for a few months to drum up support.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Oh, please let them go. Then we can issue a trade embargo. These clowns can't even sustain themselves through a drought when almost half of their state borders a freakin' ocean. They'll be dead in a week.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Well, sorta. First of all, California is by and large the most populated stated. Aside from Texas, it's population is twice that of the nearest competitor. So, it's not as if we'd have to match California's output.. and the things they are the sole producer of I'd gladly give up in exchange for no more California. Secondly, good luck growing any of those things with no water. Oh, and you'd never have another Democrat for prez... as if that were even a possibility after how dems have continued to demonize their previous supporters that cost them this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join