It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calexit backers can begin collecting signatures to qualify for 2018 ballot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Backers of a proposed constitutional amendment seeking California’s secession from the U.S. can begin collecting voter signatures to qualify for the 2018 ballot, the secretary of state’s office said Thursday.

The so-called Calexit movement emerged within days of the upset presidential victory of Republican Donald Trump, who lost California by nearly 4.3 million votes. A recent Reuters/Ipsos poll showed that nearly one in three Californians support the state leaving the U.S.

Proponents have until July 25 to collect 585,407 valid voter signatures to qualify for the November 2018 ballot.

Please Allah let this happen....

I want to hop on a plane from Texas today just so I can sign the petition...
Wouldn't it be a better reflection of California's "democracy" if non-residents had input as well??

In any case, please California I beg you:
Leave my beloved country and never come back...

Frankly, I'm sick of sending subsidies from my debt free state to the black hole of subsidies in your liberal dystopian hell hole...

-Chris
edit on 27-1-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
They would have to buy their power from a foreign country if they decided to leave.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
They would have to buy their power from a foreign country if they decided to leave.

California seems to like Mexico...
Im sure the Mexican power grid is great...

-Chris

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Hope you're interested in a new diet plan if this happens.

California grows pretty much all the food.

But I'm sure we could just import replacement foods from Mexico.

Oh... wait...

Weird...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This would be so great.
I would become a more distinguished person, for watching a ton of 'foreign' films.

I would really love to see how a complete and total new school liberal country would work.
Probably would be ALLL for Trumps wall within 5 years

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

No im sure Texas would be fine to have an even better economy m, we'll figure it out... cali can go now and take New Mexico with you.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible

Oh... wait...

Weird...

We[texas] have more farmland than California...
And it's not even close...
The difference???
Southern California was "chosen" by the government to become America's farm for arbitrary reasons which saw massive subsidies head their way during the FDR administration...

As a 6th generation Texan I know of farming more than anything...
And my relatives alone could turn the panhandle into a garden of eden if given the same subsidies afforded the farmers of California...

For now, there's more money to be made in crude and gas on the vast llano...give us the word and presto, farms aplenty...

So again I plea to Mohamed and his wife Aisha(google her) to make California take a hike...

-Chris
edit on 27-1-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Bye! Good luck defending that southern border and that coast.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Don't let the door hit yall on the way out.

Hasta la vista baby.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Keep building the wall to the north.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

-Chris

I would bet that they would have offshore drilling going on fairly soon after their exit.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

-Chris

I would bet that they would have offshore drilling going on fairly soon after their exit.

Yeah sure…
When I think of Californians the first thing that comes to mind is their love of the oil industry
Yep, that checks out...
California and off shore oil drilling go together beautifully...I'm sure they will build new refineries as well...provably off the shore of sunset beach...
Again, when I think of California I think of their open-mindedness regarding fossil fuels and images of refineries fill my head...lol

Remember, these are the idiots that fought against nuclear power for the better part of a half century…
You know, that little magic trick where we split an atom and have unlimited, perfectly clean energy...

-Chris

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible

Oh... wait...

Weird...

LOL...hope they're interested in quadrupling the price of water they have to get brought in to keep those crops alive since CA doesn't have enough water supply to do so on their own!

And all that federal money for their economy to thrive will suddenly be debt owed to another country...ouch...

Pretty sure the rest of the US will survive without them. Their mistake is thinking they will survive without the rest of the US.

Really wondering how many countries would be on their coast within days of a secession just aching to take that sliver of US land away by force in order to gain a hold on the US. Would SJW take on a literal warrior meaning then, because I don't think most CA residents have it in them to fend off people with real guns...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Try picturing a California navy.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

This is all I can picture when imagining California armed forces:

-Chris

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
In that case can we please extend the border wall to cover the California/Arizona/Nevada/Oregon border?

Illegal immigrants POUR into S. Cali, and an unsecured California/US border would make a wall along the US/Mexico border useless.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Bunch of people on surf boards.

Wasn't that hard.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm from California and I will be voting no on this issue

California gets about 81 cents back for each Federal tax dollar they send to Washington.

However, I don't want to live outside the US

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

-Chris

Yeah sure…
When I think of Californians the first thing that comes to mind is their love of the oil industry
Yep, that checks out...
California and off shore oil drilling go together beautifully...I'm sure they will build new refineries as well...provably off the shore of sunset beach...
Again, when I think of California I think of their open-mindedness regarding fossil fuels and images of refineries fill my head...lol

Remember, these are the idiots that fought against nuclear power for the better part of a half century…
You know, that little magic trick where we split an atom and have unlimited, perfectly clean energy...

-Chris

I think they would be forced to drill.... to keep their cradle to grave socioeconomic model afloat... for a while at least.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join