It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition Demanding Donald Trump Release His Tax Returns Breaks White House Record

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

For the record, it would be Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution of the United States of America.

Your turn.

edit on 1/27/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

So you deny that Presidents have been releasing their tax returns to the public since the Nixon era?
edit on 27-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I honestly can't answer your question.

And, frankly, the reason I can't answer the question is because I never really put much stock in it. Doesn't matter, left or right, you've got about a 99% chance those records will be carefully edited in a way to make them completely inert. So it's a moot point, hence don't care.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UKTruth

Great. UK is different than the US. News at 11.

Yes, it's 1/6th the population.
Makes a 386k petition really quite pathetic in number.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Sounds like you are moving the goal posts back on me because I got you with a question you can't refute.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

If you think that is the only difference between the UK and the US then I don't know what to tell you. You'll need to go back to school for that problem.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

If you think that is the only difference between the UK and the US then I don't know what to tell you. You'll need to go back to school for that problem.

No need for that.
What do you think the President is going to do about a tiny number of people still crying about his taxes?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Nothing. I'm under no illusions that this petition will change anything, if that is what you are trying to suggest.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Quote where in that Article it requires the President to release his birth certificate to the public. Each state determines if a candidate meets the requirements to be on a ballot. It is up to them to vet the candidates. As far as I know no state requires a candidate to publicly release their birth certificate so they can appear on a ballot.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

No, I simply just don't know the answer. I honestly never looked. So yes, I cannot refute your question (if this is what you were wanting me to say).

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Considering less than 20% of the population voted for him; I don't think he really has a leg to stand on when it comes to judging how many people actually support something.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So if you know nothing about this precedent, why are you trying to lecture me about this topic? Sounds like a case of "foot in mouth" to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Considering less than 20% of the population voted for him; I don't think he really has a leg to stand on when it comes to judging how many people actually support something.

Actually it was more than 20% of the voting population, but either way that is irrelevant.
We're talking about the tiny number of people who signed this petition.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Profusion

How? He doesn't own his businesses anymore.

how do you know?....show us the documents

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You can be asked to provide evidence of any requirement in the Constitution. It's the law.

How do we know this? Because evidence is required going the other direction as well (i.e. search and seizure as an example), so it works both ways. You can't have it one way and not the other.

In any case, I don't really care about Obama's BC. He won't ever be president again. But if someone were to ask for Trump's, he is required to produce said BC for the exact same reasons. Tax returns not so much. Notice Article II, Section 1, does not say...

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President without first providing evidence of such residence via bonafide federal tax returns for the preceding year; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Don't twist my answers! That's not what I was responding to (and you knew it). When I said I didn't know the answer I was referring to your question...

So you deny that Presidents have been releasing their tax returns to the public since the Nixon era?

...and that is all I was responding to!

My response had nothing to do with the definition of legal precedent. My response on that subject was quite clear...and you know that too. Don't play games!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Can't believe this is still a thing...
But...
Coming from a bunch of CTRL-Left authoritarians this isn't all that surprising.
I figured people would educate themselves on how unjust our system of taxation is and say "I'd do the same thing if I could" and move on. Everyone on this thread would like to decrease their tax burden we just can't afford to hire an army of tax lawyers to comb over the 65 thousand pages of tax code for us.

Yet the collective hive mind that is liberalism and all it's moral posturing has decided that taxation without representation is a good thing?
That paying taxes somehow helps the needy and poor individuals of our society?
To me this reeks of a mass complacency. Where people think "if I pay my taxes I(somehow) fulfilled my moral obligation to my community and country". Then back to worrying about their sports team or preferred house wife while 45 million Americans go hungry.

This line of thinking is why you all keep loosing, and will continue to lose until you can prove to us skeptics that you are actually on the same moral playing field rather than just claiming to be.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: bastion

only been a week and youre all losing it, stress is really bad for you

gonna be a really really long four years hoping for complete failure of your president

I suggest your read some history books - Trump has been illgeally building and shutting off water supplies to homes for nearly 15 years so he could build golf courses on for cheap once they die of thirst.

I'm lucky enough not to have Trump as my president, otherwise I'd be up # creek. Trump doesn't stress me, his misinformed, delusional daily statements are comedy gold.
edit on 27-1-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I guess it flew past you that I'm insinuating that this topic is a precedent.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Numbers.

Half an onion in a bag has picked up almost 700k Twitter followers this month alone. So I guess twice as many people are interested in a half an onion in a bag than Trump's tax returns.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join