It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition Demanding Donald Trump Release His Tax Returns Breaks White House Record

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Of course not. It's a stupid argument. This isn't a statistical sampling. You're really just trying to split hairs with it anyways while ignoring the fact that this is the biggest petition to ever grace the whitehouse.gov site.
edit on 27-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Then prove it's a big deal. The fact is that .086% of Americans signed a petition.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Perhaps you should not have lead with such a misleading statement then.

Clearly, using only this online petition as evidence, the american people do not want trump to release his taxes.

only 380k want this right?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

I bet even less people care about it.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

No comment on the math associated with your online petition?

acceptable answers would be :
some americans
a group of americans
a small minority of americans

The statement "the american people want" ,associated with this petition, is a lie.

Petitions aren't a 1:1 correlation with how many people care. Do you think only 300k people in the US believe WBC is a hate group? Because that's all the signatures that petition got. It's like polling, it's a sample size that indicates x people want an answer. But you don't believe in polls either do you?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Then prove it's a big deal. The fact is that .086% of Americans signed a petition.

The fact that it is the biggest petition ever on whitehouse.gov doesn't mean it is a big deal to you? You only need 100,000 signatures for a white house response on the matter.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
even if trump shows his tax return and it shows a conflict of interest, what will that change? it doesn't violate any laws to have such conflict, all that is merely for appearances and has nothing to do with the rules.

legally he doesn't have to show it, it's simple as that and no petition will change anything.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Perhaps you should not have lead with such a misleading statement then.

Clearly, using only this online petition as evidence, the american people do not want trump to release his taxes.

only 380k want this right?

I regret nothing about my statements and you have no understanding of statistical sampling.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

you realize you are siting a petition that has done this

Deport Justin Bieber” scored 273,968 sigs; the WH declined to comment regardless

www.washingtonian.com...

To justify an actual, and to some, and important political issue.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
even if trump shows his tax return and it shows a conflict of interest, what will that change? it doesn't violate any laws to have such conflict, all that is merely for appearances and has nothing to do with the rules.

legally he doesn't have to show it, it's simple as that and no petition will change anything.

Asking what will change isn't a valid rebuttal to why he shouldn't release his tax returns. If there is nothing to fear then he should just release them already.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

That surprises no one.
Now an online petition is "statstical sampling"? Did you work for a polling firm in the past election cycle?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Do you have a better way for the people to speak up so that Trump knows they want him to release his tax returns? He clearly doesn't care about the polls that say that 74% of Americans want him to release his tax returns.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

in the system’s five-year history

fake news!

it`s been around longer than 5 years,

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

That surprises no one.
Now an online petition is "statstical sampling"? Did you work for a polling firm in the past election cycle?

No. I literally JUST said that this isn't a statistical sampling. So using it like one (like you are trying to do) is dishonest.

link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Petitions aren't a 1:1 correlation with how many people care.

Then it should not have been represented as such.

But you don't believe in polls either do you?

After the last election cycle, from the msm, no I do not.
At least not on their own, and frankly neither should anyone else.

But this is not a poll is it?

link   

i was stating the facts not defending trump or making any rebuttal, i am simply saying that a petition doesn't matter unless trump thinks it does, that's the thing with a petition; they only matter if the one being petitioned actually listens.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I regret nothing about my statements and you have no understanding of statistical sampling.

so which is it?
A sampling or a petition?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Well the site still says that petitions with over 100,000 signatures will get a response, but you are right. I can't argue with that. If Trump wants to ignore it there is nothing to be done about it.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I answered that question. If you are still confused, that is your problem. I'm not repeating myself to you anymore.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Are these the same polls that had him losing by 12 points on Election Day? Or were these done by actually polling people.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join