It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition Demanding Donald Trump Release His Tax Returns Breaks White House Record

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Firepoker

You have no problems if Trump is going to hold you to certain tax laws, but chooses to not follow them himself?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

And we are to believe agencies that have been caught playing polotics and lying about weapons of mass destruction?
Also Do you even know how to tax fraud? You dont put that stuff on your taxes that would be really really stupid.
I take it you never got paid under the table before right?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That Petition has as Much Suscess of Happening than a Passed Bill for Term Limits in the Congress and Senate . Good Luck with that .

No harm in trying though right?

No , but what is the Point Now ? He is the President , the way he Uses the Power of that Office concerning his Tax Returns will Show Every American if he is somehow Hiding something there or Not .

It's the principle of the matter. It should be done to put people's worries at ease. Plus it would be a good gesture to rebuild bridges with the left.

There is already a bridge. You just need to walk over it.
No one is going to pander to childish requests just to make you feel good.

There is no bridge between the left and the right. There wasn't much of one left after the 8 years of obstructionist Republicans to Obama, but Trump done nuked it and has resisted all attempts to repair it.

edit on 27/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
He doesn't even have to file tax returns.

Remember, in the US, taxes are voluntary.

It may well be that The Donald hasn't filed any tax returns in decades, exercising his constitutional right to not pay taxes.

He wouldn't want anyone to know this, of course. It would cause a huge problem, since most people believe everyone should pay their fair share of tax.

The Donald has already made public statements to the effect that figuring out how not to pay taxes make him "smart".

But, people think this is being done with some legal loopholes, or deductions from losses etc..which is all "speculation", since nobody has seen any actual tax returns. It could just as easily be Trump exercising his right not to pay any tax at all, by not filing, so there's nothing to show.

While the government looks the other way, for people who non-pay tax, they frown on those who brag and advertise this as a constitutional right. In particular, they make an example of all those who "teach" others how to legally avoid paying the tax man his revenue.

You have the right to not pay tax, but not the right to tell others how to do so, or encourage others to do it, for obvious reasons, since the government couldn't operate if everybody exercised his or her rights.

So, Donald can't release tax returns, since they probably don't exist.

His cover is that he is being audited. Which is a lot of bull, since it doesn't take the government that long to audit.

edit on 27-1-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Hell its been like since I was born and even before that. I am in the poor bracket, wealth is a crutch IMO.

If all the past Presidents and Congress and Senate and Judaical members that was to keep things fair for their constituents never did anything but fatten their pockets while we endured price hikes, wages losses, job losses(NAFTA), skyrocketing insurance premiums for just a few examples. They just looked the other way, a little pat on the back telling us it'll be ok, it never was. If our Nation was able to operate without the IRS before, really ask your self why was this money grab put upon the working class.

So in answer to your question, If I gotta pay before with the threat of prison and its no different now, whats the difference?

In a twisted sense if they take all material possessions from me, I am freer then ever before.

So until then I'll pay my dues.

-Firepoker-

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The only thing his tax returns will show is whether he had good or bad tax consultants filling out his tax forms. My husband and I don't fill out our own any more. We provide them the information and trust them to find every loophole available...then pay an additional insurance fee that they will be responsible towards any audit the IRS ensues. They are the ones in the know, not us.

Edit add: btw: before getting an new tax accountant we were stuck with a $7000 bill after an audit due to an error in reporting. Ever since using the insurance aspect, not one audit! Go figure! So, yeah, we can never figure out how others get away with tax evasion. Obviously, there are loopholes.

edit on 1 27 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

You clearly are trying everything in your power to not admit that there is nothing I could present to you that would get you to agree that the American people want to see Trump's taxes.

That is not true.
The poll you sited is just that, a poll. It is not what you started this thread about and it is not what you sited when you stated this is what "the american people" wanted.
The online petition you sited is ridiculous. To try and use it to prove what "the american people want" is ridiculous.

I have no doubt that at least those who did not vote for trump want him to release his taxes. Probably a lot of people who did vote for him want him to release them. That has nothing to do with an online petition. Especially one that only has 380k sigs.

How can you possibly say the online petition is ridiculous? It is part of a democratic system where people can voice their questions and concerns and want the government to give it a serious look.

It is more and more concerning that the Trump-followers are denigrading the democratic processes.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The hypocrisy of Trump supporters never end.

Imagine if Clinton refused to release her tax returns while lying saying that Americans aren't interested in them? Conservatives would NOT SHUT UP about it and ATS would be filled with thread after thread about it until the end of time.

But if Trump doesn't want to do it they bend the knee and will attack you and anyone else who demands he release them.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

The hypocrisy of Trump supporters never end.

Imagine if Clinton refused to release her tax returns while lying saying that Americans aren't interested in them? Conservatives would NOT SHUT UP about it and ATS would be filled with thread after thread about it until the end of time.

But if Trump doesn't want to do it they bend the knee and will attack you and anyone else who demands he release them.

Exactly!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Honestly, my opinion only...I cannot help but think that Trump is playing chess. There is nothing of significance in his tax forms, but he can distract so many by keeping their focus on them by withholding. Oh my! There must be something in those forms. Eventually they will be shared...and many will be disappointed, but Trump will have won his game.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Let me give you an example of why releasing tax returns is important to people claiming they are not.

Hillary Clinton has released 30 years worth of her tax returns. They showed that she gave lots of speeches and got paid quite a bit of money. How many times this election did people use it to paint her as some wall street insider?

If tax returns are not important why did the GOP and Sanders care so much about Clinton's returns?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Bravo! Well said, MI girl!

Everyone, and I mean everyone, should seek out every possible tax advantage they are entitled to! They should.

There's nothing wrong with this. Bureaucrats have made tax laws intentionally complicated so people will "accidentally" pay more tax than they need to. Like you, we also pay tax accountants to do our taxes (which are several inches thick when filed). They've spent years understanding the laws, and they keep abreast of the changes. It's well worth it. In fact, I often recommend it, but it falls on deaf ears mostly when people say "Hey, I use TurboTax for lots less than your tax accountant". Oh well...I've seen the difference. LOL!

Anyway, onward and upward.

(post by FelisOrion removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Yeah, you go try that "not having to file taxes" routine for a while with your bad self!

I actually know a guy who tried that route once. He said "taxes are unconstitutional" (and he had all manner of line and verse to allegedly back up his statements).

Well, he went to the state "pen" for about 3 years (at 55 years old) for federal income tax evasion. Yeah, that worked out real well, now didn't it! He is my definition of a "Jail-House Lawyer" even to this day. He swore they would never take him. They did; tried, convicted and sentenced...appealed, struck down and JAILED. Period. End of story.

Wanna' try it? You go first!!! LOL!!! (I've seen, first hand, what happens when you choose that path).

LOL

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: AMPTAH

Yeah, you go try that "not having to file taxes" routine for a while with your bad self!

I actually know a guy who tried that route once. He said "taxes are unconstitutional" (and he had all manner of line and verse to allegedly back up his statements).

Yes, they usually get them for something else. Like "Fraud". While you can "not-file", if you do file and make false claims, that's worse. You cannot argue with the government. And that's the secret. You cannot win in court. You must avoid the court at all costs. Once the gov pulls you into court, you've lost right there.

This is why, by the way, most of the rich hide their assets in offshore accounts. The idea is not to advertise that you're not paying the tax. Not to tell anyone about it. That guy told you, that was his downfall. Why did he want you to know?

He probably told lots of other people too. Attracting attention of the government, and requiring the IRS to make an example of him.

So, now you will never try his tricks, because, obviously, it didn't work for him.

That's how the system works. It's how it's supposed to work.

Those who believe they have to pay, do the paying. Those who believe otherwise, do not. Those who brag, get jailed.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

The difference is how he made that money, how he invested that money, and who he may owe money to.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Is it true that Trump still hasn't released control of his company? If so is he maneuvering and making EOs so he can profit? There are many legitimate reasons for him to show his tax returns and there is no reason to simply trust him.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

LOL - he'll probably send out a tweet calling all the signatories 'losers' and then do some maths about the total popular vote count for Hillikileaks versus the number of signatures.

BTW - Im not American, but I just gave name and email address and signed the petition (to see if it would accept a foreign vote) so the number of signatures thus far is not representative of ONLY Americans weighing in on the petition therefore the petition is worthless in it's intent to only capture signatures from legal US citizens because no-one else on the planet gives a flying flux about his tax returns.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
What are his tax returns going to change? I mean really? In the scheme of things they mean nothing.

There wasn't any outrage when Bernie Sanders "Mr. the rich don't pay their fair share" only paid 13% on a 300,000 take home.

Right, didn't the taxes matter because people wanted additional information before voting for the candidate?

Isn't he voted in already?

Exactly what avgguy says, what exactly would or could it change? Is it only for the sole purpose of pointing fingers and chastising?

What exactly constructive could come of this?

Don't get me wrong if he said he is going to release them then he should, however if he doesn't, his credibility will only go down a smidgen with me.
edit on 1/27/2017 by Alien Abduct because: Corrected the auto corrector

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It depends on how many people actually know about the petition. It also seems like the only news network reporting this is CNN and even with limited exposure this petition is breaking records. I think that says alot about what the American people want

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join