It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump argument bolstered: Clinton received 800,000 votes from noncitizens, study finds

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

Trump didn't ask how many illegal votes there were. Did he?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The bit I find fascinating about this whole Trump ordeal, is he's the only US president (or politican in general from any country), in my lifetime that made a bunch of election campaign promises, then as soon as he got into office, started following through with those promises.

Regardless of my personal opinion of the guy and what I think he'll do to the US and damage he may/may not do to international relationships, I have to give the guy respect for doing exactly what he stated he'd do and sticking to his guns. Wish more politicians did the same thing, it'd certainly make voting a whole lot easier...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Agreed, liberals have a hard time understanding that everyone doesn't think the same thing that they do. Look at the outrage that someone other than HRC was elected.
And the heels dig in and all objectivity goes out the window, and emotion takes over.

Trump is going to make mistakes and have huge successes. The left is not prepared for him and his unorthodox leadership style.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LordGoofus

Million stars----agreed.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Trust but verify.

Because you know its trust me trump...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LordGoofus

The bit I find fascinating about this whole Trump ordeal, is he's the only US president (or politican in general from any country), in my lifetime that made a bunch of election campaign promises, then as soon as he got into office, started following through with those promises.

By way of comparison.

In comparison, Obama's seven days after his swearing in on Jan. 20, 2009 included the following executive orders:

Regulations regarding the release of presidential records;
Ban on gifts from lobbyists and setting limits for former employees related to lobbying activities;
Ensured lawful interrogation of foreign detainees;
Order closure of Guantanamo Bay detention center;
Ordered review of policies related to treatment of foreign detainees.

www.al.com...

You know that EOs aren't laws, right?

edit on 1/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Trump didn't ask how many illegal votes there were. Did he?

Trump incorporated illegal/fraudulent votes into three groups - 1. Illegal Aliens 2. Deceased Voters 3. Voters with multiple registration in two or more states.

Last I heard they (Trump per Spicer) estimated this number between 2 to 3 Million fraudulent votes.

All I am saying is that Trump has answers before HE states questions...maybe the wrong answers but there you go.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Last I heard they (Trump per Spicer) estimated this number between 2 to 3 Million fraudulent votes.

Right. Coincidence that it is just enough to give him the popular vote?

You know where that number came from? Alex Jones.

Confirmation bias is not an admirable characteristic.

edit on 1/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Just want to point out that illegal voters and illegal votes are not exactly the same thing. Felonies tend to bar a person from casting a legal vote in some but not all states. So an argument could be made that such votes were illegal (or just unethical) from your point of view.

However a number of certain types of (sanctuary) cities do allow for illegal aliens to obtain driver's licenses and fill out voter registrations as a one stop shop. Very little to no investigation is performed to certify a legitimate voter.

But while being all technical, Ohio isn't really a state as the original paperwork was lost. And the stunt performed in the 50's (or early 60's) resulted in a good laugh and "of course Ohio is a state" response from Congress....yet never fully officially admitted to the union. So the big battleground state....isn't really part of the US to be fair.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
As was explained about exit polling re the Seth R. situation, voter data processing being his specialty....it only take manipulation of a small number of votes in crucial areas to flip precincts and then counties and states results.

The fact Hillary got more total votes than Trump is evidence of it. Also, my own understanding of the effect leads me to believe that concentrating the efforts to commit voter fraud is what's key to flipping an election.
edit on 28-1-2017 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

So....I guess those 3 million illegal votes were just in the wrong places?

Let's just forget the fact that there is no evidence of 3 million illegal votes. Except for Alex Jones, of course.

edit on 1/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Which sort of evidence do you propose? There are possible stastical methods if the correct data set were available, ask Seth about that.

In theory, the totals could be quite high.

Examining issues exclusively in theory seems to suit the majority of the anti-Trump crowd.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Which sort of evidence do you propose?

Any sort.
As opposed to the none which has been provided.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

We argue that the findings in the Richman et al. article can be entirely explained by measurement error. Specifically, survey respondents occasionally select the incorrect response to a question merely by accident.

buahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahah

that was rich man. Reading that quote...oh man.

So...let's recap.

1. Peer-reviewed piece
2. counter claims that original study is wrong because...
3. measurement error...because

Thus, it appears as though about 0.1-0.3 percent of respondents are citizens who incorrectly identify themselves as non-citizens in the survey.

and what all this means people...is...

well it appears it works one way only...there are no non-citizens who would lie, or errrrrr....make a mistake...on an anonymous survey...asking them if they are citizens. Yeah...I'm betting that no illegal every lied about his status. On any govt survey...you know because they are anonymous and stuff.

Anyway...super debunk man. Keep up the good fight.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So....I guess those 3 million illegal votes were just in the wrong places?

Let's just forget the fact that there is no evidence of 3 million illegal votes. Except for Alex Jones, of course.

There is evidence of illegal voting, with some studies suggesting a significant problem. We'll have to wait for the investigation to find out more.
I don't know why Alex Jones was brought up.
I am seeing that a lot recently as if it is some kind of argument. Associate a point to Alex Jones in order to try and win an argument or undermine another person's argument.
Poor form.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You still here? Well go try to sign up for Obamacare and you can register to vote without any proof of citizenship and get free healthcare to boot.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: elouina

Good point... If only citizens are eligible and legal voters then all votes cast were illegal because the ACA turned every citizen into a subject of the US. Doubt it? What else do call it when they exercise an unenumerated power that was created without the safeguard of the amendment process?

So yeah, 3.5 million more illegal votes from non citizens than Trump had because they were subjects or indentured servants if you want to be nice.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Which sort of evidence do you propose? There are possible stastical methods if the correct data set were available, ask Seth about that.

In theory, the totals could be quite high.

Examining issues exclusively in theory seems to suit the majority of the anti-Trump crowd.

So let's just totally forget that spicer, as per Trumo, after a week before railed against the media for fake news and not varifying their claims ....

Completely made up a number for illegal votes in the millions and then sold it to the American people as fact

My god the cognitive disconnect in this country is freaking depressing

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join