It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump argument bolstered: Clinton received 800,000 votes from noncitizens, study finds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Every election, people bitch and moan about how the poor and disenfranchised cannot get ID to vote.

If they just started, at some point - like years ago - to make sure everyone had enough ID to vote, by sending it to them somehow, or giving it out at various places people go to (welfare, gun clubs, liquor stores, hospitals, schools, etc)......everyone would have ID by now.

It's not hard to figure out.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

The criminal is going down in flames after just a week. We're hearing words like dictator and unconstitutional.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Pretty sure loads of people were saying that about Obama too. Those accusations were no more in merit than the rich liberals saying it about Trump.

link   

originally posted by: damwel
Fake news

The only thing fake there is FAKE VOTERS.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Konduit

The criminal is going down in flames after just a week. We're hearing words like dictator and unconstitutional.

It's ok. Folks who didn't like Obama have been hearing things like that for 8 years.

Food for thought tis all.

link   
a reply to: seasonal

He's sounded nothing but out of touch severely uninformed and rather ignorant in many areas this past week.
I mean really it's only been a week.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Objectivity is the key to being truthful.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Is that why he has a 59% approval rating?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Even if this study is true, how does 800,000 people bolster Trump's argument that 3 million illegals voted? Last I checked 800,000 != 3 million. Though in today's alternative facts world I can't be sure. Can we get an official Trump supporter to weigh in on what we should believe these days on numerical equality?
edit on 27-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: buster2010

So the study of 800,000 is not proving that illegals voted?

This will.

It's not like they brought out ILLEGALS at the democratic convention for nothing.

PHILADELPHIA — Blazing new ground for illegal immigrants, a mother here without authorization and her U.S. citizen child took to the stage of the Democratic convention Monday to demand legalization.

Illegal immigrants take to the stage to adress the Democratic Convention

In a day marked by intra-party drama at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, there was one speech that was met with near-unanimous approval: that of an 11-year-old girl who stood before the crowd of thousands and talked about her fear of her parents being deported.

This little girl brought everyone together at the DNC convention

It's more than 800,000.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

This is the same author (Jesse Richman) of the original disputed study from 2014 that was the basis of the claims by President Trump in October. I love how the Times writer describes his research:

Political scientist Jesse Richman of Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, has worked with colleagues to produce groundbreaking research on noncitizen voting, and this week he posted a blog in response to Mr. Trump’s assertion.

The original paper immediately drew sharp criticisms including rebuttals by the CCES project leads. CCES being the project referred to here:

Based on national polling by a consortium of universities

You can read an updated "pre-debunking" from Harvard professor Stephen Ansolabehere and CCES colleagues here.

After this exchange, we published a peer-reviewed piece arguing that this study is wrong and that there is absolutely no evidence from the data that non-citizens voted in recent presidential elections. We argue that the findings in the Richman et al. article can be entirely explained by measurement error. Specifically, survey respondents occasionally select the incorrect response to a question merely by accident.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

One of the problems is the type of IDs that are required. When new ID laws are passed, sometimes they disqualify previously accepted forms of ID like college IDs. Then you had some places like Alabama which drastically cut down the number of DMV offices in minority-heavy counties. In 2015 they literally closed the DMV offices in 8 of the 10 predominantly black counties, even though driver licenses or special photo IDs are a requirement for voting.

It would be like a State suddenly requiring federal passports as the only acceptable form of ID for its elections. My family & I would be fine because we have passports. But it would definitely inconvenience or disenfranchise a lot of other would-be voters. Especially if the other forms of ID are still accepted in everything else they do in their daily lives.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So, a national ID act is all but inevitable now. Libertarians an Comstititionalists should be sweating bullets.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm surprised the Leftists aren't behind the investigation of a foreign country (Mexico) trying to influence the US election.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

You mean the 59% approval rating according to a single daily poll by Rasmussen? Today they're saying it's 55% and trending downward.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

In Mexifornia illegals who apply for DL are registered to vote. Do you really think the illegal pandering Democrats would scrub their voter rolls? I don't think so...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'm surprised the Leftists aren't behind the investigation of a foreign country (Mexico) trying to influence the US election.

Because only the right is trying to make that ludicrous partisan spin. So you are really just surprised that the left doesn't think like you do, which is dumb because the left isn't the right.
edit on 27-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Don't be surprised.

That only matters if they happen to be Russian.

Mexican?

YES WE CAN!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
the usual globalists who hate their own country are out in force opposing this again, probably because they know their party won't ever win when illegal voting is cracked down on.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: Ohanka

You mean the 59% approval rating according to a single daily poll by Rasmussen? Today they're saying it's 55% and trending downward.

Remember, pills only matter when they confirm our biases; otherwise they're fake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join