It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Carolla on Millenial SJW Snowflakes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

It's funny that you think about half of Americans are bigger 'dooshbags' than Trump. Really throws the narrative out the window!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
Exactly this...

I'm getting rather fed up with the "oh so wise" older generation complaining about us "millenials". I've worked hard all my life, started working at 14 whilst still going to school. Couldn't afford higher education so went straight into work and have never looked back.

???? Big Deal so did I and many I know .... There were times in my life when

I did two jobs back to back!

I have basically no hope of being able to own my own home. No matter how hard I work, I doubt this will be a possibility for me or my young family. I can barely afford to rent a property and I don't have a bad job by any means, but 75% of my salary goes on rent, the rest on bills and food and I don't have enough left over to run a car.

I am not necessarily aiming this at you, but too many want to start at the

top. Not only did I work hard, I suffered austerity to gain my house which

was dilapidated and in need of repair. The deposit was borrowed and

furnishings begged and borrowed. As an aside young people cant or dont

budget, complain of being hard up an earning more than me. As I

had paid off my mortgage I am rent free, Rent is always more expensive

than buying. It is prudent to suffer some austerity in the begining for the

longer term gain. Speaking from experience.

The generation before us has left us with a heaping pile of shyte for an economy, what hope do we have. There aren't enough jobs to go around so jobs for the youth don't exist like they used to.

I dont know how far you want to go back, but the previous labour gov.

inherited a bouyant economy, after three terms they were defeated and

and the departing chief secretary the treasury Liam Byrne

famously left a note stating *Sorry but the cupboard is bare*

It just goes to show people need to do their research and vote in the right

people and not necessarily what their families have voted for!!!

The cost of a house in my town (in an estate where you aren't likely to get stabbed at least) is around £200,000 - £250,000 and because you old sages didn't understand how credit works, there isn't a bank in the country that will loan me more than £100,000 - £120,000 and that's with a 10% deposit. How am I supposed to save for a deposit anyway? I have to put my family first and if that means (it does) having no savings, then that's that I guess!!

I live in what is considered an expensive area and there are properties

more expensive than what you have said .... However there are ex

council houses older propertiesand flats far cheaper than that ...My

grandson and his girlfriend are buying one to start off with before

hopefully fingers crossed going better. Perhaps you need to research

a bit more?

The idiots you see on YouTube are just that, entitled idiots.

AGREED

How are they any different to your generations hippies though? I might not agree with them, but at least they are getting involved in politics, not just finding excuses to do acid and shag in a field (redundancy is fun!).

I have never touched acid or drugs .... or been shagged in a field. If you

have read the post you will see that I worked hard, budgeted and practiced

austerity. While others were doing acid and shagging.

And i can honestly say *It was worth it*

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

TRIGGERED!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
He said " I call them the ass douches"

Priceless

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Exactly this...

I'm getting rather fed up with the "oh so wise" older generation complaining about us "millenials". I've worked hard all my life, started working at 14 whilst still going to school. Couldn't afford higher education so went straight into work and have never looked back.

???? Big Deal so did I and many I know .... There were times in my life when

I did two jobs back to back!

I have basically no hope of being able to own my own home. No matter how hard I work, I doubt this will be a possibility for me or my young family. I can barely afford to rent a property and I don't have a bad job by any means, but 75% of my salary goes on rent, the rest on bills and food and I don't have enough left over to run a car.

I am not necessarily aiming this at you, but too many want to start at the

top. Not only did I work hard, I suffered austerity to gain my house which

was dilapidated and in need of repair. The deposit was borrowed and

furnishings begged and borrowed. As an aside young people cant or dont

budget, complain of being hard up an earning more than me. As I

had paid off my mortgage I am rent free, Rent is always more expensive

than buying. It is prudent to suffer some austerity in the begining for the

longer term gain. Speaking from experience.

The generation before us has left us with a heaping pile of shyte for an economy, what hope do we have. There aren't enough jobs to go around so jobs for the youth don't exist like they used to.

I dont know how far you want to go back, but the previous labour gov.

inherited a bouyant economy, after three terms they were defeated and

and the departing chief secretary the treasury Liam Byrne

famously left a note stating *Sorry but the cupboard is bare*

It just goes to show people need to do their research and vote in the right

people and not necessarily what their families have voted for!!!

The cost of a house in my town (in an estate where you aren't likely to get stabbed at least) is around £200,000 - £250,000 and because you old sages didn't understand how credit works, there isn't a bank in the country that will loan me more than £100,000 - £120,000 and that's with a 10% deposit. How am I supposed to save for a deposit anyway? I have to put my family first and if that means (it does) having no savings, then that's that I guess!!

I live in what is considered an expensive area and there are properties

more expensive than what you have said .... However there are ex

council houses older propertiesand flats far cheaper than that ...My

grandson and his girlfriend are buying one to start off with before

hopefully fingers crossed going better. Perhaps you need to research

a bit more?

The idiots you see on YouTube are just that, entitled idiots.

AGREED

How are they any different to your generations hippies though? I might not agree with them, but at least they are getting involved in politics, not just finding excuses to do acid and shag in a field (redundancy is fun!).

I have never touched acid or drugs .... or been shagged in a field. If you

have read the post you will see that I worked hard, budgeted and practiced

austerity. While others were doing acid and shagging.

And i can honestly say *It was worth it*

Thanks for responding, but you are sort of making my point...

In the same vein, that just because some of your generation were, doesn't mean you were a hippy. Just because some of my generation are twits, doesn't mean all of us are.

The difference maker is our generation is the first to be so highly scrutinised, you didn't have social media and the internet to contend with.

Time will tell how the millenial generation will leave the planet for our kids, but we have not been given a good headstart and I will defend what I have said regarding that.

To address your points, there really isn't much reasonably priced in my area and the "cheaper" parts of town are cheap for a reason! I live in a nice area and someone was just murdered at the local shop last week... but I don't want to exagerate that is a rare thing. But murder and violent crime is not so rare in the "cheaper" parts of town. Am I being too fussy?? Maybe, but should I have to compromise on the safety of my family?

By the way, the price I quoted is far a starter home so there's not a whole lot of wriggle room.

I don't know your situation so it's hard to say what your experience has been, but all I know, is that if I had been doing an equivalent job with equivalent pay, 30 years ago, I would already own my own home. Buying a property should not be considered as "starting at the top". It's the most fundemental aspect of financial security and raising a family in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
(off topic)

It seems we've come a long way since Buck Henry's quote from SNL:
"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and I can do anything!"

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Well you'd be wrong LOL

Glad it triggered. It's doing its job.
edit on 27-1-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I don't know your situation so it's hard to say what your experience has been, but all I know, is that if I had been doing an equivalent job with equivalent pay, 30 years ago, I would already own my own home. Buying a property should not be considered as "starting at the top". It's the most fundemental aspect of financial security and raising a family in my opinion.

This is in no way personal cant be because I dont know you.....

I quoted that paragraph because when I read it it says to me ....

Poor me life has given me a bum deal! ... negative undertones.

In your situation when my back is against the wall my attitude is

*I CAN and I WILL*

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

Ooooh you got me!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

What kind of message did you think you were sending out with that avatar?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So then all liberals are SJW snowflakes?

Sure seems like it these days.
Come now. I'm a liberal, and I'm fed up with sjws. There's no need to reduce the credibility of the argument by disparaging all liberals.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

SJW's are separating themselves from the common liberal.

Dividing their own party. MSM went with the fanatics. That's a mistake.

IMO the more common liberal is in the 30+ age group, liberal tendencies but grew up and were raised in a different era. I mostly get along with them and they with me. This new SJW phenomena seems to coincide with a generation of poor parenting and social media addiction.
edit on 28-1-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'm not a big fan of millennials but what do you expect when an entire generations worth of wealth has been robbed from them.

It's not about who works harder in this country. Granted sure those that work hard should have a chance at the American dream. It's shouldn't be exclusive to only those that had the ability to gain higher education.

There was a time in this country when everyone could own a house and a new car. I know my grandparents were part of that generation. I'm generation x and I've watched everything my grandparent fought and worked for get systematically destroyed by those at the top.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

SJW's are separating themselves from the common liberal.

Dividing their own party. MSM went with the fanatics. That's a mistake.

IMO the more common liberal is in the 30+ age group, liberal tendencies but grew up and were raised in a different era. I mostly get along with them and they with me. This new SJW phenomena seems to coincide with a generation of poor parenting and social media addiction.

Oh I agree. This is splitting the liberal camp up, and I've decided myself that I am in the camp you are, believing that the SJWs have become extremists and act in a problematic, non-constructive way. Even an offensive way. It's changed from activism to a form of ideology, that bridges no disagreement nor debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join