It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pressured parks chief for photos to prove 'media lied' about inauguration crowd – report

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Donald Trump ordered the National Park Service director to produce additional photographs of his inauguration crowds, believing the images “might prove that the media had lied” about the size of the audience, according to the Washington Post.

In a Saturday phone call, the president told Michael Reynolds, acting NPS director, that he wanted to see more photos because he thought they could show that the attendance at his Friday swearing-in ceremonies at the National Mall was above average, three sources with knowledge of the conversation told the Post.

Parks spokesman Tom Crosson told the Guardian in an email on Thursday night, “I can confirm the call happened ... but I’m not discussing the content of the call.”

SOURCE

I just realized something about Trump...his biggest strength is probably his biggest weaknesses. I believe the thing that is making him successful so far is his obsessiveness. That is why he's keeping his campaign promises after all. Seemingly nothing short of having his life at risk will deter Trump from his obsessions. I believe that's a quality we should all want in a president.

At the same time, Trump's obsessiveness can be detriment. I believe the story linked above is a good example of that.

I'll be a lot easier going from now on concerning Trump's obsessiveness. Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good.
edit on 27-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
In a Saturday phone call? Like, this past Saturday? 6 days ago. Why we still talking about this?

If he obsesses about the welfare of The USA and its people like he does his crowd sizes.. I'm OK with that.
edit on 27-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
In a Saturday phone call? Like, this past Saturday? 6 days ago. Why we still talking about this?

Yes..6 days ago and more a sidebar story than something deserving it's own thread. That's why I posted it to the existing "Photos" thread that's been running all week here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Could he GET any more pathetic?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Good for him....hold the press's feet to the fire for fake news. !! ....someone has to stop the medians bulls*#+.....and personally, I don't care how many people were there vs not there...but I do care about false reporting . And if President Trumps has an obsessive disorder with getting to the bottom of issues , then so be it. ...that is not a bad problem to have!! He just raised the bar for job qualification ! ...Go get 'em Trump !

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

If he obsesses about the welfare of The USA and its people like he does his crowd sizes.. I'm OK with that.

Would you expect the story linked to in the original post to be reported overnight? That article was just published, and it's brand new information.

I think it's worth discussing further in light of the new information concerning what happened. I think it may be evidence that Donald Trump is obsessive-compulsive. I think he's gone so far overboard with the crowd issue that it's a sign that there could be an extreme problem. One look at the pictures comparing Trump's inauguration crowd to Obama's inauguration crowd is enough for most of us. Why is Trump having so much trouble with the issue?

originally posted by: carewemust
Yes..6 days ago and more a sidebar story than something deserving it's own thread.

I don't agree with that. I believe this is a major update that puts the story in a totally new light.
edit on 27-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Not as pathetic as the left trying to get him impeached so waaay more conservative Pence can be President.

Seriously what is the lefts plan for after Trumps impeached. Last I heard you folks were saying that Pence was going to electrocute the LGTB community if he was VP. What will y'all do when he's President? Trump supports the gay community and the only thing really holding pences anti LGTB beliefs at bay...

It doesn't make sense to me. What makes sense, is to reach out and try to work with the guy, not against him.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

The only obsessiveness that is happening comes from the MSM and libtards. Good on Trump for sticking to his guns.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yes he can, and will. But not as pathetic as his little trumpets, worshiping anything he says or does!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
personally, I don't care how many people were there vs not there...but I do care about false reporting .

Yet you still support Trump over this, when he is the one doing the false reporting and lying!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Why is Trump having so much trouble with the issue?

Simply due to his Narcissistic personality disorder, he is clearly upset Obama had more people watching him!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Here is what I find interesting about this story...

The Guardian has run with a headline stating clearly that Trump pressured park chiefs to prove the media lied, yet they can only point to a source, who was not the person Trump spoke to, saying that a phone call took place. No content from the conversation was provided to them.
They have lifted the story from the Washington Post, but then they also go on to use this story to list a whole host of unrelated matters in an effort to bash the President.

Here is a snippet from the original Washington Post article:

Word rapidly spread through the agency and Washington. The individuals who informed The Washington Post about the call did so on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the conversation. Neither Reynolds nor the Park Service would talk about it.

I get the feeling that unnamed sources will be attributed to a lot of things and we'll be expected to believe whatever is written, with no evidence.
Well, unfortunately for the media, their trust rating is in the toilet so unnamed sources as the basis of whatever story they want to publish is not going to cut it.

The reporter here is Sam Levin from San Francisco. One only has took at his history of reports to understand his political bias. He seems to have fabricated a scenario that suits him just because a phone call took place. For all we know, Trump called Michael Reynolds to say thank you.

edit on 27/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Looks like president Snowflake got...

TRIGGERED

YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH!

edit on 27-1-2017 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

This also proves how obsessive compulsive the left is on this particular subject. So much so that they are willing to let important current topics slide. This continuing on the obsession on crowd size is trivial compared to what's currently going on. My point was this is from 6 days ago, Trump (not my original choice but who WE have, thanks dems) has obviously moved on to other things. The left needs to get their crap together, keep up and pick the right battles or else all their battles will seem trivial..

I never said he wasn't obsessive compulsive, but WE as a country need work together to harness that obsessive compulsive nature of our president and direct it into getting what WE all want. Trying to impeach him and stop him isn't going work.

It's takes less effort to blow a ship on to a new coarse that it does to sink it.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

What a great point. I've voted and supported some Democrats but I'm bewildered how Obama is praised for keeping Bush's presidency going. Then they proped up Hillary while giving Bernie (a true Democrat the boot) and colluding with CNN to help Trump.

There is blind power hunger on both end of the spectrums right now and it is unsettling to say the least.

Most people want the same things, they just see a different path. But now people are so polarized they won't work with the other side out of principal. Sad times we live in.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I loved Bernie, still do. Some of his policies, I didn't agree with but I was willing to work with him on those if he was elected to reach an agreement we all could support.
edit on 27-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: Rouge period

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

This continuing on the obsession on crowd size is trivial compared to what's currently going on.

I agree, Trump should stop obsessing about it like he did during his first interview as president. It's trivial but he can't let it go.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

Was he asked about it or did he bring it up? When was this because I missed that first interview.

Still no plan for left for when Pence takes the office... Did y'all not think that far ahead? Good luck with the gay community if an impeachment happens and Thanks for jeopardizing my friends and family members rights. /sarc

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFart

This continuing on the obsession on crowd size is trivial compared to what's currently going on.

I agree, Trump should stop obsessing about it like he did during his first interview as president. It's trivial but he can't let it go.

It seems like all the Trump supporters in this thread are going beyond hypocrisy with this issue. They're criticizing the media for continuing to talk about it. Meanwhile, they're ignoring the fact that Trump is continuing to talk about it.

That's doublethink in my opinion. I believe doublethink is insanity.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

Was he asked about it or did he bring it up? When was this because I missed that first interview.

He just couldn't shut up about it and would come back to it again and again even when David was trying to change subject:

TRANSCRIPT: ABC News Anchor David Muir Interviews President Trump

Really awkward.

The whole interview reads like he's really obsessed about his own successes and how everybody (supposedly) think he's great.

Truly "the left" doesn't need to obsess about anything Trump. He does that very well all alone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join