It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 photographs to show to anyone who doesn't believe in climate change (PROPAGANDA)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: carewemust

Good point ..does the sun have climate change too .

I looked up the definition of "Climate", but every reference was to EARTH.

I asked Google if the MOON has a climate. It responded with, "Sure the moon affects the Earth's climate...but just a little".

Maybe there are smarter people who will chime in with answers to your question, The2OfUsR1.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

i still don't believe in climate change. Cows had nothing to do with anything.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It's amazing to me that there can be so many morons in America. That anyone can possibly think that it's greedy scientists pushing an agenda to make you feel bad about driving a car and to make themselves rich. If the world listened to their advice, they wouldn't have to keep researching to come up with new adaptations for greater and greater risk.

Scientists may be invested in renewable energy projects? Ooooh there's something lucrative! When that stuff pays for itself and energy becomes free, everyone invested stops making money off it. Fossil fuels are finite and difficult to obtain (yes I know the rare earth materials problem with renewable devices but *gasp* research goes into ways to build these things without rare earth materials too.) not to mention the price in blood.... and it can't possibly be the people making trillions off keeping the world using fossil fuels? Those people can't be the ones at the heart of disinformation?

I've been trying really hard to be kinder with my words lately but honestly... you have to be dumber than goddamn dirt to believe that climate science is a frigging liberal plot to take your money.

Don't bother arguing with me, I have no interest in conversing or debating on this topic. I've just had enough of this BS.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Ah good times everyone.

originally posted by: carewemust

I looked up the definition of "Climate", but every reference was to EARTH.

Didn't you know that the Universe revolves around our Earth?

Or does it revolve around Mann et al?

a reply to: Kali74

Greedy politicians politicizing science is a major part of the melodrama it has been (that and their ideologue scientist compadres)[and why so many people aren't losing hair over it]. I think I had some rather reasonable arguments in the OP. How about you comment on some of them, pretty please?

edit on 27-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
In the 70's the world was facing a manmade global ice age, good thing for all the smoke stacks and cars to fend off the mass extinction we would have had. Man made global warming is saving the planet since Al Gore cashed in on carbon credits.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

This is pretty interesting, I believe it will be a topic on the new season of vice.

reviverestore.org...

It's about cloning mammoths to fight climate change

edit on 27-1-2017 by FlyingMonkeyInSpace because: Elaborating on my link

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Same sort of BS propaganda they have always pushed!! Even when there is a REAL manmade issue, they get it wrong. had an environazi type trying to convince a group that lower rainfall on a mountain in South America was due to "global warming", when it was actually due to deforestation. A real issue, that should be addressed, but they'd prefer to push the BS, instead!! Shows the environment is NOT their concern. As for carbon, enough already!! One, we are all carbon-based life forms. Two, carbon dioxide is plant food. More of that means more well-fed plants. Basic science, learned in grade school!!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Look if they never exaggerated we would sort of all be on board. Well, a lot more of us. Someone like me who grew up tree hugger got turned off when the solution was a global tax. That's the backdoor into global government. So they shot themselves in the foot.

Thing is.. We are in a natural warming cycle. We DO have to come out of the last ice age still. And if you look at graphs of carbon levels in the atmosphere going back millions of years we should be in a accelerating carbon in atmosphere time..

It's a bit mixed.

What I wished they would focus on, because then I could support them. Is the acidification of the oceans. the carbon dioxide mixes with sea water and the oceans at the top level become more acidic, and less and less oxygen will be in the water.
Mix that with over fishing..

We are at the start of the next great extinction. But I'm not really convinced we have a ton to do with it, but if we are...

Sell your car.

Start walking everywhere like me.

Then get all your paper from hemp not trees.

And many other things..

BUT making a global tax that goes to governments... Who will use it not to buy solar panels but to buy favors... It's not the solution.

And whatever we do carbon levels fall and rise like a heart beat.. We are NO WHERE close to the high water mark on that. We are in the valley actually. The graph judging by history goes up from here no matter what we do.

So I'd want to see that graph in much more detail.

In case anyone is wondering the hard scientific data puts the carbon levels highest in"recent" history at around 350,000 years ago. And the level then was much higher than now.

So we are polluting, but there are a lot of lies going on.

a little idea of what I'm talking about .gov
edit on 27-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

got turned off when the solution was a global tax

That's not the only proposed solution.

We are in a natural warming cycle.

We're actually supposed to be in a cooling cycle. The earth is currently on an orbital and axial path that should be giving us slightly colder winters and slightly cooler summers. During every glacial cycle, even though we are supposed to be past the middle of this glaciation the end isn't due for thousands more years. Within that span we will have colder and warmer cycles.

What I wished they would focus on, because then I could support them. Is the acidification of the oceans. the carbon dioxide mixes with sea water and the oceans at the top level become more acidic, and less and less oxygen will be in the water. Mix that with over fishing..

Still the solution here depends on cutting carbon emissions, doesn't it? How do we do that without incentivizing with something like a revenue neutral (govts don't get the money) carbon tax? Any ideas?

We are at the start of the next great extinction.

For no natural reason.

Sell your car. Start walking everywhere like me.

We don't all need to be martyrs to stop this train. Maybe just start taking the advice of scientists and invest in renewable energy.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
What gets me is that we've only been monitoring weather patterns on a global scale for barely a century... and the planet is over 4 billion years old.

The planet has been through multiple ice ages. When the colony of Jamestown was founded America was undergoing it's driest period ever recorded, and nobody called it climate change.

These people are motivated by money, not science.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Notice that you can't even be honest and you purposely misrepresent the other side's argument. The fact you have to do that doesn't bode too well for your position. People are skeptical of agw theory not climate change. That the climate always changes nobody denies that.

You guys are so invested in agw theory that it's almost like a religion for you. That's not science.
edit on 27-1-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

It needed to be spelled out for you in order for it to be honest? Get a little bit more petty if you can.

Human induced climate change... all better now?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
xkcd.com...

Know what's really interesting?

Temperature measurements at major weather outposts all over the United States for three days after 9/11 when planes were grounded.

Those con trails make a big difference, at least.
Hard to think that day to day year after year we aren't making a change.

For mood, look up the song "cancer" by filter.

Nice link... all the way back to 20.000 bc eh... how about one that goes back 800.000 years?

www.giss.nasa.gov...

Yes... the climate is changing, but it's called a cycle. Sigh.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Check out pictures 2 &6. The first is warning about the tragedy of Bangladesh and how so many people are going to lose their homes to flooding. The other is complaining about the drying up of a river in Bangladesh due to severe drought.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Lol triggered.

All the people whining about manmade climate change will feel real dumb when Yellowstone pops.
edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago2310699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Right we mostly do accept climate change has a human element but did you know that the Anthropocene as some plonkers choose to call it is actually during a natural global cool period and in the geologically recent past it has been both warmer than today and also far colder.

During those period's when it was cold the human race outside of Africa came close to annihilation on several occasion's as did most other life form's north of the tropic's.

Now here is a point you have to remember, IT IS TOO LATE to stop our emission's from contributing toward climate change and on the whole those emission's may have held back a new ice age as we are now living in a period were Europe should be under a mile of ice if the same pattern of events as in the past had been repeated.

IT IS TOO LATE because the natural carbon store's in sub oceanic and permafrost methane sump's and crystalline methane deposit's are now past the red line and natural carbon release is now far higher than it was in the past, this though you have to think about.

Before the last ice age the earth was in an interglacial period were it was warmer than today, African lion's, giraffe and hippo's strolled across the British isle's which were then part of the mainland and Savanah type Flora grew all over the place here so in other word's it was warmer than today.

More heat mean's Less ice and that of course mean's lower ocean salinity which in turn mean's that the Oceanic Conveyor probably ground to a halt and stopped flowing north and warming northern and western Europe and Eastern Canada so guess what happened then, it got bloody cold and the glaciers started to swell all over again which became an ice age.

Now of course we do not know how the Gulf Stream which also warm's the northern climes of the planet was affected but it is fair to assume that as it has an intimate relationship to the ocean conveyor it probably moved south as well.

There is another factor, Solar variance.

Now what is solar variance, well over time the sun has mood's, it has warmer period and cooler period's but as a general rule the sun is simply getting HOTTER.

650 to 750 million years ago the earth was leaving an age of super glaciation during which time the oceans probably froze over right to the equator on several occasion's, this theory and it's variations are collectively called the SNOW BALL EARTH THEORY check it out.

Now that was because the SUN was cooler back then but as you know changes in stars can as well as being gradual also be sudden and all it take's is a movement of the hydrogen and helium deposits' in our stars core to cause an unpredictable change in it's behaviour.

So not a climate sceptic but stopping human development and technological advancement just to save a few ice flow's when it may not even be down to the human's as the only cause is a mistake especially when the answers can only really be found by pursuing more and better technology's and better exploiting our environment's, we can not save the earth but we can become better husband's of nature and perhaps save what it mean's to us and yes raping the environment is not the answer it may not be the only cause of global warming but it certainly causes severe problems for those that then inherit the land after it is ruined.

The answer is architecture and science combined, huge sky scrapers with fields instead of office space, nature reserves expanded upward into the sky and downward into the earth and not human population reduction which would only stop short term problems' but in fact cause greater long term one's.

edit on 27-1-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm still completely dumbfounded that people still don't believe in it.

It is fact, and burning the amount of fossil fuels we do is definitely not helping.

I watched 'before the flood' I think it was called? With Leonardo Di Caprio, where 'legitimate' scientists show hard evidence of climate change. It's worth a watch, even if you are sceptical.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Hehee..

But seriously, the climate is always changing.

Yet, nobody is going to bring up the fast approaching solar minimum.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: carewemust

Good point ..does the sun have climate change too .

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DomTullipso

It's cold as # in SoCal right now.

Does this count as climate change?
Really because it's been unseasonably warm here in Wisconsin. Barely any snow either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join