It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 photographs to show to anyone who doesn't believe in climate change (PROPAGANDA)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I was clicking around just now and came upon this "10 photographs to show to anyone who doesn't believe in climate change" slideshow from the MSM.UK propaganda outlet, The Independent. It was in their piece about Trump censoring the EPA. I'm about as staunch a critic of censorship that can be imagined, unless that is it's about censoring deceptive / destructive government etc propaganda. The Independent's piece here sure doesn't give credence to the idea that it wouldn't be propaganda that Trump is trying to censor.

I had no expectation to want to post about global warming stuff this week, but some of these were so distorted I couldn't not decode this political smut:

#1: "A group of emperor penguins face a crack in the sea ice, near McMurdo Station, Antarctica"

Well ice does crack, but what better way to kick off a propaganda montage than by getting the emotions flowing over those poor poor giant penguins that wouldn't be there if they're not adapted to that environment.

#2: "Amid a flood in Islampur, Jamalpur, Bangladesh, a woman on a raft searches for somewhere dry to take shelter. Bangladesh is one of the most vulnerable places in the world to sea level rise, which is expected to make tens of millions of people homeless by 2050."

So they want you to become a believer in AGW, by showing you what a person was doing to deal with acute onset local flooding (AKA the monsoon season)... that isn't related to actual sea level rise. I guess it was the heaviest monsoon in 30 years there last year, but its a monsoon zone none the less so its not like this is some kind of shocker: www.ifrc.org...

#3: "Hanna Petursdottir examines a cave inside the Svinafellsjokull glacier in Iceland, which she said had been growing rapidly. Since 2000, the size of glaciers on Iceland has reduced by 12 per cent."

Which isn't merely caused by actual "warming", but also by factors such as sublimation and in particular coal dust particles in the ice.
nsidc.org... www.geocaching.com...
news.nationalgeographic.com...

#4: "Floods destroyed eight bridges and ruined crops such as wheat, maize and peas in the Karimabad valley in northern Pakistan, a mountainous region with many glaciers. In many parts of the world, glaciers have been in retreat, creating dangerously large lakes that can cause devastating flooding when the banks break. Climate change can also increase rainfall in some areas, while bringing drought to others."

Um, what does glaciers soundbite have to do with that actual flood?

#5: "Smoke – filled with the carbon that is driving climate change – drifts across a field in Colombia."

It's always all about the carbon, which comes out of your car so you can be guilt tripped directly about it. Methane, no so sexy so we rarely hear about that. And Nitrous Oxide? Well that just laughing gas!

#6: "A river once flowed along the depression in the dry earth of this part of Bangladesh, but it has disappeared amid rising temperatures. "

Okay now this is the one that really motivated me here. There's a major humanitarian crisis been playing out for decades over there. Not because of climate change, but instead because the government of India has literally deliberately dammed off the rivers that flow out through Bangladesh, thereby basically destroying their nation. I've seen an entire documentary about it, and it's appalling. For these slick propagandists to use their tragic circumstance out of context (while ignoring the serious issue that actually caused that, it's just sick and demented.
www.ht-bangladesh.info... Sincere-Leadership-of-the-Khilafah
And while we're on the subject, if they really care about the environment then these environmentalists should be freaking out about the actual water pollution that that is happening there. It's something that something could actually be done about (unlike global warming), while there is no possible way to doubt it real not in the slightest (unlike global warming).
www.reuters.com...

#7: "Sindh province in Pakistan has experienced a grim mix of two consequences of climate change. “Because of climate change either we have floods or not enough water to irrigate our crop and feed our animals,” says the photographer. “Picture clearly indicates that the extreme drought makes wide cracks in clay. Crops are very difficult to grow.”"

I remember learning in elementary school in the 80's how it's common in deserts with flat clay like soils for the soil to crack up just like that in between monsoon floods. Checking just now the Sindh province is such a place. Except now in the 2010's cracked clay soil in a desert means its because of man made global warming.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
#8: "A shepherd moves his herd as he looks for green pasture near the village of Sirohi in Rajasthan, northern India. The region has been badly affected by heatwaves and drought, making local people nervous about further predicted increases in temperature."

That sucks. Really... but stuff can and does get bad in regions (like naturally er normally). The climate does change, and we in all likelihood have altered the course. The problem is nobody actually knows how much of how big of a threat any it it actually means. And no matter even if we all did, short of imploding the global economy and major global wars, there's not much we can do about it until the technology is ready (and it will be). Meanwhile, we know without a doubt hardly anything destroys the environment like poverty, and that wars devastatingly alter the landscape while dispersing all manner of nasty materials. If people could get off the fear kick and cool their jets, the technologies we need to solve these problems are coming.

#9: "A factory in China is shrouded by a haze of air pollution. The World Health Organisation has warned such pollution, much of which is from the fossil fuels that cause climate change, is a “public health emergency”."

No doubt about that. Although this one kind of reminds me of the environmentalists "Save The Amazon Rainforest" campaigns of former decades. I remember them as being total guilt trip mania, all the demonizing of humans for doing such a thing. The weird part though was how it wasn't not the fault of not one single kid in our entire school, therefore what the hell where they targetting us with all that propaganda for when it was the fault of the Brazilian government!

#10: "Water levels in reservoirs, like this one in Gers, France, have been getting perilously low in areas across the world affected by drought, forcing authorities to introduce water restrictions."

I know here in Florida, the water levels in the aquafers are all about humans using too much (which is the cause of sinkholes). When I look at their little propaganda example here, I'd say they dropped the ball in not showing someone whose house fell into a giant sinkhole. With their lead-in of the poor penguins, they surely did fumble their lasting image in the little slideshow... OR DID THEY???

#11: "Not a symptom or a cause of climate change, but a cloud lit by the sunset to create the impression of a giant fireball over Tunisia."

UM, WHAT!?!

Well I for one fail to see how this dealio would convince the heretics that AGW isn't real, but it does look particularly well suited to stoke the Confirmation Bias of AGW ideologues.
edit on 27-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
xkcd.com...

Know what's really interesting?

Temperature measurements at major weather outposts all over the United States for three days after 9/11 when planes were grounded.

Those con trails make a big difference, at least.
Hard to think that day to day year after year we aren't making a change.

For mood, look up the song "cancer" by filter.
edit on 26-1-2017 by lordcomac because: Touchscreen are worthless as input devices.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's cold as # in SoCal right now.

Does this count as climate change?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Get the jets out of the air, there are no trees or grass to absorb the carbon up there. Let some forests grow for a change, they do not have to all be cut.

Oh, but climate change needs a tax and people in the climate change hierarchy need to fly all over the world and create a tax on beef because cows fart.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Climate has been changing since Earth had an atmosphere. Long before men inhabited the planet. It is not man made. My pops is a 90 year old super genius Research scientist, Chemist, Microbiologist, Paracstologist, with a medical background, who has even been summoned to the Whitehouse before. He says that what the public is being told is nonsense, and is driven by money. That's good enough for me.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I am not big on censorship either. But I am not big on government agencies, and individuals of government agencies, using the shroud of government and official positions to push propaganda for personal ideological reasons.

I wish the concern for climate change was about healthy living. Climate change is an excuse for two conflicting viewpoints.

Crony capitalism, to create a new market in the form of carbon credits to benefit those that put politicians in power in the name of climate change.

The punishment of countries with high standards of living through the UN to devise methods of spreading the wealth.
edit on 27-1-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed this and that

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Something is effecting how the tornados and storms track.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'll take good ol' facts over pictures thrown together to trigger emotions any day.

From all the facts I've learned in my life, climate change is part of the way the world works.

Whether we are speeding things up or not remains to be proven, but for once "pics or it didn't happen" doesn't apply.

edit on 1/27/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hollywood tells the Tornados where to go. No need to track them if their course is already plotted right into the next B movie and documentary.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
What happened t the extinction of polar bears?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Something is effecting how the tornados and storms track.
Its probably the software .

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

TextWhat happened t the extinction of polar bears?
Sex .

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Quick, someone tell the libtard scientists to move back the hands of the Doomsday Clock and that it's just the normal cycle of the earth. Lawrence Krauss can now stop hiding his head up his ass, it's safe now bro.... you can come out!

edit on 27-1-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

TextWhat happened t the extinction of polar bears?
Sex .

Or for that matter ANY prediction made by an AGW cultist?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Or for that matter ANY prediction made by an AGW cultist?
Speaking of Page ....my bad

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Right on. Only a fool would not believe in "climate change". Even MARS has climate change.

Maybe EVERY planet has climate change? Must there be an atmosphere, for there to be climate change?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Good point ..does the sun have climate change too .

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DomTullipso

Climate change - a change in global or regional climate patterns

So I guess not *sarcasm

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Same here when jets were grounded because of a volcanic eruption in Iceland. The volcanic dust seemed like an excuse. I wonder if the real reason for the grounding was to get the best satellite photographs possible.

It was noticed mental health improved everywhere affected by the grounding. From this it was recognised that the distant roar of jet aircraft causes a slight instinctive panic reaction. We are all under constant onslaught from these jets.

The amount of light reaching the ground increased. The entire environment was a far better and healthier place.

Then the jets started flying again.
edit on 27 1 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join