It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on working with Australians??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Aussie Aussie Aussie (oi oi oi) she'll be right just learn that

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

This will be interesting to see an update once the Aussies have settled in. I would say there are no differences apart from the accent. All of the people I have met from overseas are the same, rock and roll is universal. m/
edit on 5America/Chicago13Fri, 27 Jan 2017 05:13:25 -060027500000017 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Speaking of drop bears,

Watch out for them,

bally

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

i worked with some Australian guys while setting up a Muse concert in Toronto a while ago. One of the guys was my supervisor for the day, he was traveling with the band. He was fine. I'm an older guy, and after installing about 50 75lb lights onto trusses, he could see that I was getting tired. So he asked me if I wanted to take a break and then to go work somewhere else where there wasn't so much heavy lifting. I did. So that was very empathetic of the guy even though he would never see me again after that day.
edit on 27-1-2017 by Starbuck799 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Don't order Foster's bee-ya!! (I did this once...BAD idea!)

Definitely DO order "VB" (Victoria Bitters)...best beer on planet Earth (hands down!)! Just wish we could get it here!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Australia is the absolute coolest place I think I've ever worked (and that's out of a LOT of places too)! Seriously. The people are awesome and the culture is like walking back into the mid-1950's (in a good way). (actually have a really funny story about this too).

Oh, and the phone numbers are 8 digits which is kind of a hoot. ####-####. Takes a while to get used to it, especially trying to remember someone's number when you have the 7 digit thing on the brain.

I would live in Australia in a NY second if I could figure out a way to. They have pretty tough emigration laws.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: namelesss That sounds like a Catholic business consulting idea. I'm in.

Welcome!
You are Loved!!
Funny, no matter what 'path' you are from/on, what 'religion', all (mystical branches) recognize where all 'paths' intersect, the 'chrono-synclastic infundibulum' of unconditional Love/Enlightenment!
Love makes Us One! *__-

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy Today was their first day. Excuse the all caps, but IT WAS SO MUCH FUN. They were completely relaxed, not pretentious. I was talking to this hilarious woman who turned out to be the big boss. And, they threw a dinner reception with an open bar. What a happy go lucky group. Australia, you should be proud.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

...pretty much our 'Western Island' of New Zealand - otherwise known as Australia - to a tee...

...other things to remember are:

1. If an Aussie tells you to wear thongs to the beach...be sure you know the lingo...

2. If you're ever facing the final ball, last over, in a cricket match...make sure that Aussie bowler's surname isn't Chappell...YYYYOOOOUUUUU BAAAAASSSSSSTTTTTIIIDDDDDSSSS!!!!!

3. "Yeah nah" and "Nah yeah" are completely acceptable responses within any form of conversational setting...be aware though that while those two responses are interchangeable, the specific intended meaning comprises a potential 107,245,647,389 wholly different meanings..

Other than that...enjoy the Western Island...and if you get sick of it, come on over to the North or South Island of New Zealand for a visit...not that you'll notice much difference if you were living in Brissie, Gold Coast or Melbourne...half the cuzzie bros live there already anyway...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Here are the crabs Bally offered earlier .

You will find a few differences , sport for instance and most Aussies dont give a rats ass about politics , Having said that i dont see any problems , there good and bad Aussies (mostly good ) but you find that in Any country .

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I love your crabs Hutchman. Bag out mate! Crabs I get here are green muddies but turn a nice red under the boil.

Cheers,

bally

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: alien

YEAH NAH, NAH YEAH, Gotta love the kiwi cuz's. And you're right, there's a lot that will kill you in Aust. There's nothing to hurt you in Kiwi land but watch out for the silver ferns and the snowflakes in the 'high' country.

Wear gumboots to 'kitch the sheps brus'. And be prepared when fishing to "kitch whit bats" A 'Yugge' deadly fish which you fry up in the "Freepen brus".

When skiing people may die from "Everlunches" caused by snowflakes.

Love ya bRUS,

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

First three letters of the Aussie alphabet mate !

V B A ?

kind regards,

bally

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Prefer muddies over blueys myself , but quantity wise blue crabs win . Most of the time .lol

edit on 4-2-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join