It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Setting the New Standard for a U.S. President

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Caver78
Every four or eight years 50% of the country gets a President they didn't want.
Relda and Annee we "get" your unhappiness, but most people move on and try to find something good.
Give it a try.

Understand I am a realist.

I might want to live in a Bernie world, but I'm not delusional that anything like that's gonna happen in my lifetime.

I see Trump for exactly who he is. I have a brother that's very much like him. My brother and I are like water and oil. I've always been my own person. I was never "under my brother's spell" like so many were. It frustrated the hell out of him.

My three main issues:

1. Equal Rights/Equal Treatment.
2. Separation of church and state.
3. Advancement in Science.

I don't see me accepting Trump any time soon.

Trump's standards are not my standards.

Trump is not used to playing by the rules.

Let's see how far he gets.

Nixon was a quaker and the vietnam war was on and he epically sucked.
Voted for Carter and despite his intelligence it was a disaster.
Didn't vote for Reagan, got him
Voted for B.Clinton and the man make a mockery of the oval office.
I didn't vote for neither Bush , got them, tried to make the best of it.
Didn't vote for Obama, got him twice, tried to find something good.
Didn't vote for Trump, woke up, got him...here we go again.

Part of my family started in NYC after legally emigrating here, Trump rather impersonally back in the day screwed over some of them with his shenanigans. My mother to this day can recite chapter and verse of EVERY underhanded thing he's ever done.

So I'm not your run of the mill Trump cheerleader.

Every candidate gets into the Office of the President and hits the wall of reality. It's one of the steepest learning curves in this country. Just as you would want a fair shake, there's nothing wrong with extending it to ANYONE regardless of party, who holds the office.

I started out a Democrat and was proud to do so until I got tired of my party coasting on Kennedys ideals and not actually doing anything but making money at my expense and occasionally handing out some subsidy perks to keep the masses quiet.

BOTH parties did their level best to drive the common folk into being forced to go independent, because BOTH parties refuse to listen to what matters to the general public. It's ok to want sound practical environmental policies and still want a robust economy and a separation of church and state. It's OK to want the government to to be fiscally lean and responsible, while continuing a safety net for those less fortunate.

It's never not going to be ok to defend a human beings right to choice in whatever area they feel they need it.
Equality means just that. Just as a active and engaged scientific community benefits us all.

I was shocked to wake up recently and find I had an Oompa-Loompa for President.

But I'm listening hard to what the man says NOW, watching his actions to see if it benefits us as a country and will make my ultimate decision based on that. Same as I did with Obama. BOTH men have parts of their past that are in no way admirable, but both were voted into office.

Hate to use this example, but will. Oprah once said "when you know better, you do better"
I have no reason to believe that doesn't apply to everyone, including Trump.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Donald Trump makes a lot of money by charging people to put his name on things. That is what he is doing as President: signing executive orders written by lobbyists. Notice that the two pipeline EOs differ stylistically. They were drafted by different teams of lawyers. Other EOs are written so as to be completely unenforceable, containing loopholes large enough to drive a Chinese made truck through. "I order you to use American steel, whenever it is convenient." There's a proclamation with teeth.

Trump is indeed setting a new standard: take that Teapot Dome!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It's too early to tell much about Trump. But one thing I know for certain about him, everyone I despise hates him. And that's a good start IMO. He, at least, isn't one of the good ole' boys of either political parties who's been raping America for the last 50 years, and not a MSM darling either(who's been promoting the political rapists for the last 50 years).

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: seagull
Six days in. A tad bit early to declare "new standards", isn't it?

While he's done some things I like, it's still early days yet.

I think the greater point is we've never seen a politician do half this much over the course of years, and Trump isn't even a week into the job.

He's blowing a wide, gaping hole into the establishment rhetoric that things can't be done and by extent, is blowing open the corruption in DC.

This bears repeating over, over and over again!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: craterman
It's too early to tell much about Trump. But one thing I know for certain about him, everyone I despise hates him. And that's a good start IMO. He, at least, isn't one of the good ole' boys of either political parties who's been raping America for the last 50 years, and not a MSM darling either(who's been promoting the political rapists for the last 50 years).

Erm, where do you live that you haven't seen Trump raping whole cities with his ugly skyscrapers and real estate tax dodging? Where do you live that you have not seen him on TV at least once a week for the past twenty years? He is literally a Main Stream Media producer.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

He hasn't actually accomplished anything yet, other than greenlighting a couple of projects and causing a major diplomatic incident with an important trade partner.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think the thing I like (so far) about Trump is that he really isn't democrat OR republican. He's anti-establishment, something this country has been sorely in need of for nearly a quarter of a century!!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

If by "important trade partner" you mean China, you might want to go do some research into how lopsided those trade deals are. The China import trade is crushing our economy and devaluing everything. That, and soaring debt (also to China) is also having significant negative valuation effects on the dollar as well.

This "important trade partner" you refer to is really more like a 'loan shark'...willing to loan you money, even with no credit, but fully ready to come break your legs when you don't pay up. The 'legs' being broken are unfavorable trade deals (to the US) by establishment politicians and special interest to keep the (loaned) money flowing. It's corruption at it's pinnacle!

You'd do well to do some research, rather than just blather away with your blinded left wing zeal here on ATS!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Oh, and if you're referring to Mexico then here are some other considerations:

- Mexico (in aggregate dollars) pales in comparison to China when it comes to trade...by orders of magnitude.

- Mexico's biggest trade element with the US is really "loopholes" whereby American companies can skirt tax laws here at home and make bigger profits for their preferred stock holders and boards at the expense of the American people. Close the loopholes and guess what...more jobs, more manufactured goods IN the US and more aggregate dollars in the US economy. Believe me, this fact is not lost on mammoth manufacturing institutions such as the automotive manufacturers. They woke up and smelled the coffee (or smelling salts, whichever you choose) within the first hours!!

edit on 1/27/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I think in three or fours years we will know how true the positive twist on he Trump presidency is.

Reminds me of a rocket launch, whoo ho, the engines are running, lift off and then boom. I do hope he changes the standard of what the US president is in years to come, in a positive way.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
If you want a study on what a real "outsider" with good ideas on governance comes along, look no further than Andrew Jackson. Crazy old bastard knew a thing or two about governance. While i may be at odds with some of his viewpoints, I am 100% behind his method of running the country.

Problem is, as soon as he was gone they undid his good and memorialized it for posterity. He balanced the budget and ended the Fed. So when he left a new reservve bank was founded and he was given a position of mocking dishonor on the 20.

Trump, if he survives his enemies and does good, will end up having good undone when he leaves. All they have to do is wait 4 or 8 years.

This is why I hope part of his effort is to bring through the next leaders. The world really needs 20 years to undo the incredible damage that globalists and liberals have done.
edit on 27/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I don't know the ins and outs of US politics or being left or right (I honestly don't know if I'm left, right, down, up, north north east or what anymore)... So my comments are more general:

Trump takes political correctness (PC) spits on it and throws it in the gutter. This is refreshing for a lot of us, because PC is a form of imprisonment. It's an imprisonment of the mind, it's curtailing you from acting and feeling in a true honest form of yourself. Not for everyone. Just for a lot of people. I'd rather you were a bit brash, uncouth and honest rather than a mind-imprisoned pathological PC liar drone. PC favours women, it favours minorities, it favours accepting people like Madonna as still being cool and relevant. This is not necessarily a problem in itself, these segments of society need to be heard, it's just that it does it so brazenly, rubbing it like a turd all over your face, and expects you to not react to that sweet smelling # dripping down all over your chops.

And with Trump, this kind of imprisonment simply doesn't compute. I think it's the same for a lot of us. Hey! Be like this, PC demands of us. But we know that isn't necessarily us or the way we think and react and respond to the world around us. That doesn't matter says PC, you can still do it anyway! it harps. Like I say, its imprisonment and finally here's Trump who is leading the charge for those of us who have a distaste in that kind of corralling of the mind, values, etc. As a natural normal human being, when you feel something you react to it, based on who and what you yourself are - you don't sit and wait for an invisible force called PC to tell you whether it's right or wrong to think/feel that way (which is what it does).

Trump's world is bold and brave. It's only "dangerous" because we've all been conditioned to be PC. His actions, thought structures, sometimes even demeanour are anti-PC, clearly. Unsurprisingly, you can get things done when you evict PC. Sure, you can have some, but too much of anything is a bad thing, right? And that I feel, is what this, Brexit and some other things really are under the surface. They are the inevitable rebuttal (and perhaps destruction) of political correctness. We coped for many many years as tolerant and progressive human beings without it being so feverishly to the fore. So to me, this "New Standard" is effectively an old one that was good and allowed our minds to think and act a little more freely than the world we've been pushed into "tolerating" over the last decade or so.
edit on 27-1-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The document being signed on the left, negates and nullifies the entire stack on the right.
Say it ain't so Joe !!!

Buck
edit on 27-1-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Your post almost makes it seem like you want a monarch or tyrant. So far everything Trump has accomplished has been through executive orders. And a lot of those still need funding from Congress to actually accomplish anything.

They want a Strong Man. They want clearly defined leadership so that they feel safe and secure. If that Strong Man is a tyrant they will refuse to see it for years, or even decades until things have deteriorated to the point that there is no denying it. Then, they will just moan and sigh and say that "he changed".

No one will remember that this has been spelled out for them, but that is exactly what is going to happen.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Heh, yeah, and then there was "Hope and Change", right?

We see how all that worked out!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
yeah the media is talking junk because he said after war in iraq we should have taken there oil i totally agree well we contributed our tax dollars to taking out saddam . in war the winner takes the spoils now you can say what you want about un bullsat but truth be told any member of the un that wages war if they the victors will want some stuff in return. why do they think us should be different? the real reason we did not take oil for ourselves and ourr coalition is because saudis would be pissed off about it plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001drug trade doesn't count as trade.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Though I couldn't bring myself to vote for him, I've said all along that I'm willing to give him a chance to do what he spoke of in the campaign. By golly and gee, I've been fairly impressed so far. He does seem to be independent in his actions and somehow he's managed to get some of the most reluctant Republicans to fall in line because even they are intelligent enough to see the writing on the wall after the election.
I do have to chuckle at the leftist authoritarian types who crowed that he would "forget" his promises once he was in the office. They must be wearing out the legos and play dough with his pronouncements that he is indeed keeping his word.
Oh, I won't agree with him on everything but if he continues to flout the politics in favor of the people, he'll have a supporter in me. I like the fact that he doesn't owe the party one darn thing and can call them out for their purely political actions. It may take more than four years to undo the last 30 but at least he's giving it a go.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Well heck, is american steal producers even up and running enough to start pumping? It may take a good few years to get the show one the road. And then, american steal may not get motivated until congress passes a good infrastructure bill.

So does anyone know who and where the pipeline tubes are being made? At this moment?

Here we go

Pipe

edit on 27-1-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Yes, Canada is in North America and will be the primary economic beneficiary of the pipeline, which a Canadian firm is building. Assuming Trudeau's liberal government allows them to keep exploiting the tar sands, the increased petroleum will drive prices down, making coal less competitive than ever.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join