It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Setting the New Standard for a U.S. President

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Trump will do what the rest of the cowards in power wouldn't. Kicking ass is but one of them. I am 100% sure this is a trend that's not likely to slow down any time soon.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I think you have summed up the public image issue with the DNC. The RNC has its own similar issues.

BUt I think the Democratic principles are strongest when the left pursues benefit for the weakest through the success of the capable. A strong dollar flowing through an economy that focuses on labor and creates opportunities through labor policies. The spoils are then shared among the more needy. Without a strong dollar flowing openly through a strong taxpaying labor force it is difficult to meet these demands.

That is really the only thing missing from a DNC that inspires non partisans to vote: driving labor and earnings to pay for their own programs without greater pinch on the middle class. All the other stuff like abortion and gun ownership is a side show. Its often not even congruent internally: the "party of life" (the GOP) abandons that notion when it comes to capital punishment.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
a reply to: Metallicus

Trump will do what the rest of the cowards in power wouldn't. Kicking ass is but one of them.

You do realize Trump really hasn't done anything yet.

Except piss off a lot of people world wide.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I have to confess that I've been overly aggressive lately to the left because the absurdity has reached epic proportions and I realize I am not helping the cause but only making it worse. So I'm going to try my best to do my part from now on.

See all it takes is a little compromise and understanding and great things can happen..

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It's hard. I find that I have to bite my tongue, or self-edit, a lot.

Calm, and cool. If more folks, left and right, were as calm about this as puppylove is being, political process' would take a huge leap forward.

Alas, that seems unlikely. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I didn't vote for Trump.

But a lot of my friends and neighbors did. And I understand why. Many of them do not particularly like Trump; but they use him as a giant middle finger to give to the international/media elite.

I'm loving it.

He is either a consummate actor, or a complete idiot. I really don't care which.

Maybe you need a president who twitters while he is on the can, to deal with the world in 2017. Maybe the Federal government should be run like a business for a change.

Geniuses have sucked as presidents. Supposedly, Jimmy Carter was the smartest person to be president. Suckage.

Jackson rocked. Even if he was wanted for murder in Delaware. It's what America needed. And as much as moderns hate him, he fought AGAINST manifest destiny, because of his love for native americans, as well as his reading of scripture. And he took out the "Bank of America," Like BFFTexan said.

Chauncey Gardner for President in 2020!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We're in a very sloppy transition into a whole new age. Capitalism will not work when there's little to no real jobs or need for them. Half the jobs we have can be automated, they simply aren't in order to keep people working so that we can maintain an economy where working is necessary to survival.

Things will change, the question is, what form this transition will take, and what will the outcome of that transition be for those trying to live through it. I just want us to move towards this transition, rather than fight it tooth and nail. It's always better to roll with a punch instead of stubbornly throwing your face into it.

The problem with the right economically is that it's stubbornly insistent upon making labor the backbone of existence, when labor will not always be necessary, especially not in the supply necessary to employ the entire world's populace. I mean, labor is a pretty #ty thing to base life on. It's not exactly enjoyable to most people. When labor is not the backbone of life, the world will be a better place. The right's paradigm cannot exist without labor, and as a result any move towards moving away from it as the center of existence will be fought tooth and nail.

Seeing humanities quality of life improve, and getting us through this transition with the least amount of hardship is important to me, and that's why I feel I must fight for the left to better itself. The right will only prolong our suffering by stubbornly refusing to allow people to have more to live for than working unnecessarily.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Trumps accomplished more in his first five days than Obama did in his first year. Finally a President with some balls.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

well....he has set operational guidelines with a few EO's in the first week. Whatever he's done, its driven off a lot of top folks at the state department, so it looks like he's doing what he said he do with that dumb swamp cliche. Even if unwittingly and in only 1 department.

He may not have done much, but it seems a lot has happened. Im hoping the crazy doesn't come out, unless its televised. LOL

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

well....he has set operational guidelines with a few EO's in the first week. Whatever he's done, its driven off a lot of top folks at the state department, so it looks like he's doing what he said he do with that dumb swamp cliche. Even if unwittingly and in only 1 department.

He may not have done much, but it seems a lot has happened. Im hoping the crazy doesn't come out, unless its televised. LOL

Anyone can say "You're Fired".

It's what happens after that that matters.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I don't buy that automation will negate human labor. I think that labor oversupply creates entrepreneurial ism and consequently new markets.

Our work will not become obsolete. It will evolve to create and fill new markets just like it always does. Without capitalism, there will be no drive to innovate these new markets. And while some people would like to have no daily duties to complete, many need their job to provide context, challenge, activity, camaraderie, etc.

I make salary regardless of if i am at work on any given day. So long as my tasks are complete, there's no one to question what I do. And the thought of not being at work is almost unthinkable. I've spent a few miserable months at home before. It was fun at first....but that wore off quickly. I need to overcome challenges, and house husband just don't cut it.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I'd love to get into this discussion but.

A: Am overdue for bed, have work tomorrow in a field I know isn't becoming obsolete soon (home health care for the elderly) and,

B: This conversation is even more off topic than the last, lol

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I doubt there will be a dem or GOP party in another five cycles.

History bores most people, but the facts remain. There are no more Whigs, Federalist, Know Nothings, Bull Moose, etc... And yet America rocks on.

We reinvent ourselves all the time. What doesn't change is greed and lust for power. This lust was present in the time of Alexander the Great and Nepolian and Krueschef. It's present now.

We shouldn't be fighting each other; as the producers and doers our priority should be keeping a close eye on those who covet power. We know what power does to even the best, as in "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Collectively and personally we need to always remember that we are responsible for tomorrow. WE. Not some nebulous "party". Otherwise we fail our children.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Our work will not become obsolete. It will evolve to create and fill new markets just like it always does. Without capitalism, there will be no drive to innovate these new markets. And while some people would like to have no daily duties to complete, many need their job to provide context, challenge, activity, camaraderie, etc.

That is very true. Though I don't think I ever really looked at it that way before...

It's fun to dream about not having to work, or have duties to perform, etc... Personally, I'd find that extremely boring. In my years of working in Alaska, there were all of those things, and more...some of that more decidedly unpleasant, but I wouldn't change a jot of it. The best years of my life, so far.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Trump is Trump. He's slumlord evictor and corporate raider. This is your president.

Donald Trump was a nightmare landlord in the 1980s

To succeed, Trump played rough, according to lawsuits filed by the tenants. Renters said he cut heat and hot water, and he imposed tough building rules. Trump even proposed sheltering homeless people in the building.

money.cnn.com...

What relevence is that to him getting things done?

That the problem with you hardcore lefties....you cant stay relevent.

You dither and focus on pointless things.

That is why you lost and trump won.

Democrats refused to listen to what the people wanted.

The adverage American wanted:
A stop to illegal immigration
Bring back manufacturing jobs
A stop to lop sided trade deals

But did you democrats listen?

No you wasted your energy on stupid idenity politics.
You focused all your energy on a tiny percent of the population while ignoring the majority. Instead the democrats "decided" what was "best".

Well you are paying the cost of that now......
You should of listened.....

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Anyone can say "You're Fired".

It's what happens after that that matters.

But when the person who runs all government agencies says "You're Fired!", there's no place to file an appeal.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If by new standards you mean bald faced lies, suppression of scientific data, delusional thinking and an obvious issue with math and numbers in general then yes he is setting new standards.

And the word unconstitutional ??? that's already being bandied about.

Now you see him.
Now you don't.
edit on 1272017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
If by new standards you mean bald faced lies, suppression of scientific data, delusional thinking and an obvious issue with math and numbers in general then yes he is setting new standards.

And the word unconstitutional ??? that's already being bandied about.

Now you see him.
Now you don't.

You aught to feel right at home then, since the last 8 years of Obama gave you all of those things and so much more. You didn't complain then.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes there is. It's called a court of law.
Do you really believe he's untouchable?
Yeah he does too.
It's been proven his knowledge of how our government works is seriously lacking. Along with his knowledge of history.
Rude awakening comes to mind.
Yes it does...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

well....he has set operational guidelines with a few EO's in the first week.

Not all are actually EO's....
www.usatoday.com...

Also he could have problems with them....
www.politico.com...

President Donald Trump’s team made little effort to consult with federal agency lawyers or lawmakers as they churned out executive actions this week, stoking fears the White House is creating the appearance of real momentum with flawed orders that might be unworkable, unenforceable or even illegal.

The White House didn’t ask State Department experts to review Trump’s memorandum on the Keystone XL pipeline, even though the company that wants to build the pipeline is suing the U.S. for $15 billion, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Defense Secretary James Mattis and CIA Director Mike Pompeo were “blindsided” by a draft order that would require agencies to reconsider using interrogation techniques that are currently banned as torture, according to sources with knowledge of their thinking.

Just a small circle of officials at the Department of Health and Human Services knew about the executive action starting to unwind Obamacare, and only less than two hours before it was released. Key members of Congress weren’t consulted either, according to several members.

And at a conference in Philadelphia, GOP legislators say they had no idea whether some of the executive orders would contrast with existing laws — because they hadn't reviewed them.

The breakneck pace of Trump’s executive actions might please his supporters, but critics are questioning whether the documents are being rushed through without the necessary review from agency experts and lawmakers who will bear the burden of actually carrying them out.

For example, there are legal questions on how the country can force companies building pipelines to use materials manufactured domestically, which might not be available or which could violate trade treaty obligations. There’s also the question of whether the federal government can take billions from cities who don’t comply with immigration enforcement actions: Legal experts said it was unclear.

edit on 27-1-2017 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join