It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Setting the New Standard for a U.S. President

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Violent protesters are anarchists. Republicans like to call them left wingers or libtards. Liberals fight for things like climate change and human rights...both of which should be illegal in politics, because they are required for sustainability of life on Earth. Both left and right wing American's have been brainwashed to debate these topics in politics for decades, while the 1% gains more wealth on the middle and lower class pandering on these two topics. The Supreme Court should make it forbidden in politics but the United States government is run by the 1% corporations who are completely corrupt from pollution to child labor.
edit on 26-1-2017 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Well then, off hand, I'd say the liberals need to clean house. Don't you agree??

Something along the lines of "NOT IN MY NAME, YOU DON'T".

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I’ll tell the left all of that if you tell the right to feed the poor, comfort the sick, stop coddling the 1 percent, stop taking away woman’s rights, and minorities right to vote, and gerrymandering districts, aiding dictators, and stop invading peoples land, and then banning them from immigrating to your country.

I could go on and on but ATS doesn’t have the space

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yes, yes, ignore what she actually said.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I agree, and that's what I'm pushing for. I'm left wing, but I can't support the left again, until more of us join me in cleaning house. As we currently stand there's literally no way I can support the left, until we actually start standing against these atrocities in our name, and stop accepting the leaders thrust upon us that don't represent us simply because they have an L instead of an R.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

When a protest turns into rioting and looting we call them rioters and looters, end of story. You have to put rioting into context comparing to the destruction of cities after sport games. Some people are just closet anarchists, breaking windows and lighting things on fire because it's "fun".

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Keep this up, and I'll be joining you!!

It pains me, as a centrist democrat, self described as a conservative democrat, to see where my party, the party of Kennedy, and frankly, of McGovern, has gone. Even McGovern would be thinking along your lines. Certainly Kennedy would be.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

When they do it my name they are my enemy. Simply calling them anarchist and shrugging them off is not enough.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Fine. Isn't it time for the left wing branch of the Democratic party, hell, the rest of the democrats, too, since they're giving my party a bad name, did something about it?

Disown them! Period, end of sentence. Come out and deny them.

Not in my name, you asswipes do not represent me, or my opinion. Nor will you ever, now bugger off back to mom's basement where you can't damage people livelihood anymore with your criminal crap!!

Would that be so damned hard to do? Would it?
edit on 1/26/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Wow this should be copy and pasted and spammed into every single thread. Your post gave me hope. Hi nice to meet you..

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Join the revolution!!

Join her, and since I invited myself along, and me in our valiant cause to save the Democratic party from itself.

You'll have to bring your own cookies, though. I don't share.

Seriously though, it is time and past for the Democratic party to move away from this fringe they seem determined to embrace at all costs.

It's already cost 'em the White House. Congress. The majority of State houses, and governors Mansions. Clear indication, that while the party isn't dead, it's been seriously misguided. Time to change that. Yesterday wouldn't have been too soon.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I agree, and that's what I'm pushing for. I'm left wing, but I can't support the left again, until more of us join me in cleaning house. As we currently stand there's literally no way I can support the left, until we actually start standing against these atrocities in our name, and stop accepting the leaders thrust upon us that don't represent us simply because they have an L instead of an R.

yep we need more people to stop robovoting and hold their own party accountable.

edit on 51131America/ChicagoThu, 26 Jan 2017 22:51:54 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The left is leaving the moderate liberal by the wayside as it trends towards nonstop racism and radicalism.

I find it 100% stupid as a strategy as the more fanatical segment of the left is a smaller portion than the moderate segment, the fanatics just yell the loudest and therefor get their opinions heard more.

I expect large portions of the left to slowly creep towards the right over these next few years as their own party keeps telling them white liberals are also racists, privileged, don't get an opinion, etc.

We've already seen the liberal working blue collar class lean to the right and leave the party. Unions workers will too. More will continue trickling over.
edit on 26-1-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I was content just leave the left forever if necessary, but the truth is there's too much on the left I believe in to do that. So instead of just accepting things as forever hopeless and moving fully into the opposing camp or simply dropping out completely, I've decided I've had enough.

I want things on the left to improve, I want true social justice, I want an economy that doesn't try to make lifelong slaves of people, I want to see the changes necessary to make the shift to near full automation causing most jobs go the way of the dodo livable for all.

In order to make this happen I can't just abandon the left, but I can't support it in it's current state either. Instead if I really care about these things, I need to do more than abandon ship, I need to call this bad behavior out.

As Seagull said "Not in my name!" you don't. If I really care about these things I need to fight for them. To fight for them, however, sometimes one need fight the sick within before tackling the sick without. Only a fool bets on winning a race with a hobbled leg.
edit on 1/26/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Lame deflection.

OK, so all that is true. What about what she said? Instead of deflecting....what do you say about that?

You do realize that no one buys your schtick, right? I mean, even a clock is right twice a day, so I can see where you may feel empowered by the occasional occurance of not wearing a dunce cap. But at the end of the day, you're absolutely below the Mendoza line.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

As daunting as that task is, especially if we are starting right here on ATS. I wonder how many lefties read her post and stayed silent? She spoke nothing but truth, such an anomoly and should be seen by everyone

As for the revolution, when do we start?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Oh and I do and have done all that. Most of my beliefs (not all) are left wing. I've fought for the left wing throughout almost all of my life, and I still am. Thing is, right now we're our own worst enemy, so in order to fight for these things, I need to focus my attention on what we're doing wrong, as it's a bigger problem to succeeding in our goals than anything the right is doing.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Me? I've been a small, but vocal, advocate of this for a while now...not here necessarily, but with my local Democratic party.

To fix it, requires us to leave our comfort zones, my friend. That means going to meetings, those not so metaphorical smoke filled rooms we hear so much about... My fight began ten years ago, and it's been mostly rather lonely.

When? Now. Yesterday. I'm not as far left as puppylove is, but I've found that I'm tarred with the same brush as she is, and that needs to stop!!

...and to stop it requires painful truths to be spoken. Why do you think few have replied to her? Especially the more vocal ones? Because, as you yourself have said, it was truth and can't really be refuted.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

If only more people had the clarity you do.

All I can say is to continue to follow your heart because its in the right place.

Everyone can learn something from this so I thank you again for your vulnerability and honesty.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I need to focus my attention on what we're doing wrong, as it's a bigger problem to succeeding in our goals than anything the right is doing.

Exactly!! How many people voted for Trump, because they couldn't abide her. I'm a democrat, have been since I was old enough to vote, registered and everything. I gave not one iota of thought to voting for her. Not once. I didn't vote for Trump, either, as I just couldn't bring my self to do it...

The moment the Democrats started stepping to the left so far, they lost me. My two state Senators? Haven't voted for them, either, lately. Because they're not speaking for me anymore, assuming they ever really did.

So I've walked away, if only metaphorically, from them, though I'm still involved, as much as party politics will allow me to these days. It's tough, sitting in those rooms, knowing that the people in your own party will not listen.

It ain't the Right/GOP that's the problem here. The problem is us, and until we fix it, last Novembers results are going to be the norm, not the anomaly.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join