It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Setting the New Standard for a U.S. President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Amusing, no?

Campaign slogan for Trump in 2020...

At least I didn't win a Nobel Peace Prize.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm fine.

I know.

Fact is fact. Not alternate fact. He's doing what a corporate raider would do. Will his lawyers be able to clean up the carnage this time?

Yawn.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

He didn't do anything to win a Nobel Peace Prize. Subsequently, he dropped more bombs in his first year than Bush did in 8.

Very true... I was waiting one day for him to zip off his Black man suit and Bush to step out of it as close as he was to Bush's agendas. I'm not sure his voter base really understands all that.

I think most people that voted for Obama fall into 3 general groups:

- those who bought into hope and change. The same sentiment that drove the Trump presidency
- those who bought into his race
- those who are card carrying democrats

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree he is setting a new standard for President, just not the way you mean it...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

I agree he is setting a new standard for President, just not the way you mean it...

Right, he's smashing all of the old standards in the process, along with the status quo.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

He loves using executive orders, therefore bypassing the normal democratic process of going through congress. While I do not disagree with what he is doing so far, quite the opposite actually, he is setting bit of a dictator's precedent. Hopefully we will see congress getting more involved in some of the changes he is making.

The spectacular style he is doing things has some similarities to another dictator from another time who started out being loved by his people but ended up being the antichrist himself.

Your non-emotive look forgot to mention that Roosevelt, who in a rather delicious fit of irony was the US President during that very same time period of your thinly-veiled "Trump is literally Hitler" reference, holds the record with 3,522 EOs. Even Obama's combined total for Executive Orders and Presidential Memoranda was a mere 710.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Every four or eight years 50% of the country gets a President they didn't want.
Relda and Annee we "get" your unhappiness, but most people move on and try to find something good.
Give it a try.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Its clear you don't like him, . .

That would be personal.

I don't like him as president. Not personal.

Considering hes only been president for a week id say your hatred is making you delusional. There hasn't been enough time to tell what he will be like as president so your animosity is clearly personal. This tells me you judge people based off your beliefs no matter how misguided.

My opinion of trump is simple I base things on actions and not on political posturing I'm not going to accuse him of being a misogynist or hitler etc. What I look at his actions he has made in the past and what he does currently talk is cheap if I want to know what he thinks of women I just look at his past business dealings for example, He made sure women held high positions in his company that's frankly unusual his motivation for doing so I don't know maybe he likes being around women more than men. But bottom line is he helped them throughout his life. What else I realize like it or not hes checking off campaign promises this tells me he meant what he said during the election. The wall for example its stupid but he made a promise to people that voted for him and taking actions to make it happen that in itself is admirable.

As a country were never going to agree everything he does is right a person will all ways find something hes doing they don't like. But if he gets somethings done that everyone agrees with he will change politics for ever. Democrats currently are making a huge mistake now would be the time to start looking for common ground they will never get this opportunity again. Trump is closer to a democrat then he is a republican he is basically a democrat that hi jacked the republican party. Half his policies are in direct contrast to republicans. By continuing to try to play identity politics democrats will guarantee they lose for decades, They havnt learned the identity politics failed against Trump and they are shocked it didn't work. So now they are trying to double down on a failed policy refusing to admit it didn't work. By doing this they are relegating there entire party to obscurity. The more they try to label him the deeper the ditch they dig for themselves and wil lose more seats in the coming elections.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

He didn't do anything to win a Nobel Peace Prize. Subsequently, he dropped more bombs in his first year than Bush did in 8.

Very true... I was waiting one day for him to zip off his Black man suit and Bush to step out of it as close as he was to Bush's agendas. I'm not sure his voter base really understands all that.

- those who bought into hope and change. The same sentiment that drove the Trump presidency

I voted for him because he's a methodical thinker. He thinks things through, then forms a plan.

I'm not impressed with someone who jumps in the fire, throwing everything out, to see what works.

People do have preferences.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Every four or eight years 50% of the country gets a President they didn't want.
Relda and Annee we "get" your unhappiness, but most people move on and try to find something good.
Give it a try.

Gosh no. The right hated Obama every step of the way and several steps beyond. Really can't complain if the Left want to take their turn at a good dose of hatin'. In 32 years time when a Democrat gets elected again, the Right will be back in the hate seat. That's just the natural cycle of things.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I don't think i'd ever describe you as "most people" annee.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
I am not new to Trump.

My office manager 20+ years ago (before Stern's 3rd daughter was born), was a huge
Stern fan. He blasted his show over the office speakers.

Trump was a frequent guest. I've also read his books (which we now know he didn't write).

How long have you been following Trump?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I voted for him because he's a methodical thinker. He thinks things through, then forms a plan.

I'm not impressed with someone who jumps in the fire, throwing everything out, to see what works.

People do have preferences.

How did all that methodical thinking and planning go?

I think you need to take a step back, take a deep breathe, blink a few times and try to see what's going on in a new perspective.. It will honestly help you ease the pain...
edit on 26-1-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I am fine with Obama.

I have no need to be otherwise.

Or to be impressed by those who feel otherwise.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I don't think i'd ever describe you as "most people" annee.

LOL Probably not.

I've always walked my own path. Frustrating at times, but I seem to be stuck with it 😄

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Good topic S&F

I like the optimism and the ring of truth of the OP. I never heard it put like that and it makes sense. Now if I can only find something of substance to add to the thread...

...okay here we go, what do you guys predict the state of the U.S. will be like in four years if President Trump continues at this pace?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Wrong.

What's killing the Democrat party is that it's becoming too much like the GOP. What you call identity politics in your Patriotic Correctness... we call Equality. Equality is what we (Center and Leftward) value about all else. That isn't going to change, ever.

All I ever wanted was a President that would put our country first. Work on real problems like jobs, infrastructure and basically quit taking it in the keister from every single nation on earth and represent AMERICANS first.

When your high wears off from Liberals being so upset... maybe you'll see that there's nothing further from the truth than Trump putting Americans first.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Trump is Trump. He's slumlord evictor and corporate raider. This is your president.

Donald Trump was a nightmare landlord in the 1980s

To succeed, Trump played rough, according to lawsuits filed by the tenants. Renters said he cut heat and hot water, and he imposed tough building rules. Trump even proposed sheltering homeless people in the building.

money.cnn.com...

he wanted to shelter homeless people.
the monster

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

What's killing the Democrat party is that it's becoming too much like the GOP.

What's killing the Democrat Party is .....they are Democrats.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I most certainly can call the left to task on this animosity.

I thought the right was just as stupid at this point in Obama's tenure with their animosity. A week in, and in some corners he's already Hitler... Really? That's no more true then the thinly veiled accusations of imminent Karl Marxism against Obama from other corners.

It's old. It does no one any good. Frankly, if that's all many have to offer, it's going to be a long ass four to eight years.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join