It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Setting the New Standard for a U.S. President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
i'm flabbergasted that potus didn't intervene : give him a wizz on his twitter @ thingthattrumpshoulddo

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think people overlook that Trump's victory will pave the way for more third-party candidates in the future. It's the start of a political revolution.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is probably how the Japanese government felt on Dec 8, 1941.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Six days in. A tad bit early to declare "new standards", isn't it?

While he's done some things I like, it's still early days yet.

Agreed.

A non emotive look at his first week reveals the following;

He loves using executive orders, therefore bypassing the normal democratic process of going through congress. While I do not disagree with what he is doing so far, quite the opposite actually, he is setting bit of a dictator's precedent. Hopefully we will see congress getting more involved in some of the changes he is making.

The spectacular style he is doing things has some similarities to another dictator from another time who started out being loved by his people but ended up being the antichrist himself.

I think we can't do a proper analysis of his tenure until he has done his first 100 days.

That being said, there are some promising signs and I remain hopeful that he is not from the dark side and not destined to be Darth Vader.

edit on 26-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Trump is Trump. He's slumlord evictor and corporate raider. This is your president.

Donald Trump was a nightmare landlord in the 1980s

To succeed, Trump played rough, according to lawsuits filed by the tenants. Renters said he cut heat and hot water, and he imposed tough building rules. Trump even proposed sheltering homeless people in the building.

money.cnn.com...

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You need to unwind.

link   
a reply to: markosity1973

EO's are not dictatorial in the sense many seem to think.

Congress still has to allocate money, if necessary, and they have to pass Constitutional muster, as well.

Personally, I think Congress needs to grow a set and maybe brake stop him a tad bit. It is their job after all. The Supreme's, too.

At the moment, he seems to be the only one, rightly or wrongly remains to be seen, doing anything. That, alone, is going to win him friends.

link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Say, that reminds me of someone mate lol. If he ends up being a nightmare I'm fairly sure the guy will pay for pissing on people.

edit on 26-1-2017 by Archonic because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Again proving OP's point. Low priority complaints .. Something he did 30 years ago?
Its clear you don't like him, but is there not any positive you see from him? Like his his zeal and commitment? I'm sure you can agree those are great qualities in a leader regardless of which side you stand on.

Edit: sorry almost 40 years ago*
edit on 26-1-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

Its like you had that in your hands just waiting for a pro trump thread to unleash it
edit on 26-1-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Your emotional foundation is more wobbly than ever.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Personally, I think Congress needs to grow a set and maybe brake stop him a tad bit. It is their job after all. The Supreme's, too.

That's the possible dictatorial bit there. Everyone is just falling in line (thus far) Mind you pretty much everything he has ordered is on the money though.

At the moment, he seems to be the only one, rightly or wrongly remains to be seen, doing anything. That, alone, is going to win him friends.

Very true. Throughout the western world we are so tired of voting in governments that give us the same crap results regardless of whether they are supposedly left or right leaning. We all want change. We all want to feel like we are not being trampled over by globalists and China and we all want to stop these endless wars.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

My one overriding concern is that we may be so in love with the "doing something" that we forget that that "doing something" might be a mistake in the long run.

I'm not a big fan of EO's. Never have been. Especially this many, this quickly. Granted, I don't have much of an issue with the intent, just the means.

MAGA isn't MAGABAMN. Translation: Make America Great Again By Any Means Necessary. He may need reminding, sooner rather than later.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Emotion has nothing to do with it.

He's doing exactly what a corporate raider would do.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The interesting part is all the hate/protests for him and all this talk about his failings from both sides (even before his first day in office) is most likely the driving force behind what will turnout to be a very motivated President to prove everyone wrong. We need to remember that Obama was everyone's darling and for the first two years all he needed to do was read the TelePrompter, smile and be black to be successful...

edit on 26-1-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryManagement

You need to unwind.

I'm fine.

Fact is fact. Not alternate fact.

He's doing what a corporate raider would do.

Will his lawyers be able to clean up the carnage this time?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

He didn't do anything to win a Nobel Peace Prize. Subsequently, he dropped more bombs in his first year than Bush did in 8.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Its clear you don't like him, . .

That would be personal.

I don't like him as president. Not personal.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Emotion has nothing to do with it.

He's doing exactly what a corporate raider would do.

I think bringing up something he did 40 years ago when he wasn't even trying to run for president to prove he's a corporate raider is kind of emotional..

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Isn't that Congress' job? The Supreme Court? Hell, that might even be our job, don't you think?

If they, or we, don't do the job, who's fault is it, I wonder?

Since you seem so keen to stop him, shouldn't you be busily, if you aren't already, contacting your Congress-critter, you have three of 'em.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

He didn't do anything to win a Nobel Peace Prize. Subsequently, he dropped more bombs in his first year than Bush did in 8.

Very true... I was waiting one day for him to zip off his Black man suit and Bush to step out of it as close as he was to Bush's agendas. I'm not sure his voter base really understands all that.

edit on 26-1-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join