It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Setting the New Standard for a U.S. President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Republicans don't get that they weren't the winners of this election, Trump was, so they better get in line behind him if they expect to win in two years. Democrats are so lost in their identity politics whining about stuff that is low-priority to the majority of Americans...they need a new damn message.

Neither Republicans or Democrats are going to be able to run a traditional candidate for President again and expect to win the election. Trump is already disproving that a President can't get things done and fulfill his (or her) campaign promises. We the People will not be accepting the do nothing craptastic Presidents of the past. Trump is making it hard for both parties to screw us over with their B.S. moving forward.

All I ever wanted was a President that would put our country first. Work on real problems like jobs, infrastructure and basically quit taking it in the keister from every single nation on earth and represent AMERICANS first.

We the People are going to expect better going forward and whichever political party figures it out first is going to dominate for a long time. We won't get fooled again.

+45 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I've heard people state recently that Trump is actually the first 3rd Party candidate to win, because he is pissing everyone off.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Democrats are so lost in their identity politics whining about stuff that is low-priority to the majority of Americans...

Nailed it.

Oh no, he's an ego maniac narcissist, might abuse his wife, has small hands and looks like a duck.. OK and this affects us how again?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Generic anti/pro Trump reply that gets + stars.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Six days in. A tad bit early to declare "new standards", isn't it?

While he's done some things I like, it's still early days yet.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Good thing are coming, good things

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Pfft.

In the past 6 days, he's caused a rise in global warming, started a war with Madonna, and has broken the Internet.

Twice.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Huge quote, bigs applause

Neither Republicans or Democrats are going to be able to run a traditional candidate for President again and expect to win the election. Trump is already disproving that a President can't get thingPresident can't get things done and fulfill his (or her) campaign promises.s done and fulfill his (or her) campaign promises. We the People will not be accepting the do nothing craptastic Presidents of the past. Trump is making it hard for both parties to screw us over with their B.S. moving forward.

In bold: it's just me saying that the Trumpists could tie you knots

With this refute

"In X days, Mr Trump, has signed more ammendments than any other president of the US"

Maybe, but how many were ultimayely ratified congres/senate, and made law ?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've heard people state recently that Trump is actually the first 3rd Party candidate to win, because he is pissing everyone off.

Yup, we are talking about this abroad too - he is the first sort-of-independent president since the second World War.

He is a republican-by-ticket just as Sanders was a democrat-by-ticket.

Amazing that it almost could have been a race between two sort-of-independents!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well, when your priorities are backwards, what do you expect?

According to four-star General Wesley Clark, shortly after the attacks of 9/11, the Pentagon adopted a plan to topple the governments of seven countries; Iraq, Libya, Lebanon, Syria, Somalia, Sudan, and Iran.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

ITBWRs ( Inside The Belt Way Rumors ) are stating as much as 20% of all civilian personnel maybe leaving in the next few weeks.
I have never seen anything of this order of magnitude happen in D.C. in my almost 70 years.
People are literally passing out at their desks after receiving phone calls from some unknown guy named Donald.

Buck

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

But the short chubby racer in third place had to cheat and ruin it

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Yeah, no
you and me too,
let's go to sane place

i do i larf

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I'm not a Republican so Im chilling.
Love it so far.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
They know the GOP is now the party of Trump.

They are getting in line, even funding the border wall.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

S&F just for using the word "Craptastic"
I could hug you right now...

Second round bonus points to DBCowboy for

Currently this action President is so abnormal everyone has been thrown for a loop. Even his supporters. Who ever expected a public official to do his/her job? I mean theoretically, maybe, kinda sorta, but this is just mind blowing!

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I think the greater point is we've never seen a politician do half this much over the course of years, and Trump isn't even a week into the job.

He's blowing a wide, gaping hole into the establishment rhetoric that things can't be done and by extent, is blowing open the corruption in DC.
edit on 26-1-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Your post almost makes it seem like you want a monarch or tyrant. So far everything Trump has accomplished has been through executive orders. And a lot of those still need funding from Congress to actually accomplish anything.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If you want a study on what a real "outsider" with good ideas on governance comes along, look no further than Andrew Jackson. Crazy old bastard knew a thing or two about governance. While i may be at odds with some of his viewpoints, I am 100% behind his method of running the country.

Problem is, as soon as he was gone they undid his good and memorialized it for posterity. He balanced the budget and ended the Fed. So when he left a new reservve bank was founded and he was given a position of mocking dishonor on the 20.

Trump, if he survives his enemies and does good, will end up having good undone when he leaves. All they have to do is wait 4 or 8 years.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Long live President Trump. ✊🏻

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join