It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2017

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
I am wondering why North Korea is spending all this money on ICBM's which they know can be intercepted with US technology instead of things like anti-ship missiles and advance anti-aircraft missiles.

I don't know that there is an effective defence against ICBM's, they move fast.

THAAD is designed to shoot down short, medium, and intermediate range ballistic missiles, ICBM's are a different beast.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

And the missiles they've been firing aren't ICBMs. They're theater range.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And the missiles they've been firing aren't ICBMs. They're theater range.

Correct.

From what I know, they are testing engines for an ICBM, not sure how far along the path that puts them to having an operational missile.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

My solution to North Korea:

Embrace Democracy or You Will Be Eradicated!

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
North Korea is getting ready for another nuclear test. The WC-135 enroute to Japan to monitor the test made an emergency landing in Indonesia with an engine shut down.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Latest rhetoric.

Such colorful language.

RT source

Pyongyang said it may attack US and South Korean troops participating in an annual joint military exercise, which North Korea believes could be a cover for military aggression against it.
“They should be mindful that the [North Korean Army] will deal deadly blows without prior warning any time as long as the... troops of the US and South Korean puppet forces involved in the ‘special operation’ and ‘preemptive attack’ targeting the DPRK remain deployed in and around South Korea,” North Korean news agency KCNA said on Sunday, citing a statement from the General Staff of the Korean People's Army (KPA).

“The KPA will not remain a passive onlooker to hordes of robbers trying to hurt our people with daggers,” it added.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for the update!

A drone swarm, marines and navy, aircraft. And nobody is paying attention! I hope it does not go hot because who knows what would happen as other countries pick sides.

Yikes! They really good at the rhetoric!

I normally don't read RT too often. I bet they actually quote the officials while lamestream media keeps it all third-hand. So thanks for quotes!

UPDATE - Kim Jong Nam's body

Prime Minister Najib said nine Malaysians who had been barred from leaving North Korea had now been given permission to return to Malaysia.

He also said that all North Koreans would be allowed to leave Malaysia.

BBC South-East Asia correspondent Jonathan Head says that probably includes three North Koreans who are wanted by Malaysian police in connection with the killing.

BBCnews.com, March 30, 2017 - Kim Jong-nam's body released to North Korea.

Sounds like an exchange took place. I hope this closes the loop a bit.

Then get back to being like two Fonzies!

edit on 30-3-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: no reason gave up

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

North Korea is getting ready for another nuclear test. The WC-135 enroute to Japan to monitor the test made an emergency landing in Indonesia with an engine shut down.

I heard this on the news today. I thought we were trying to prevent North Korea from getting nuclear weapons. Or is that Iran?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

North Korea has a nuclear program. They did a nuclear test last year for Glorious Leader's birthday. They claim it was a thermo nuclear bomb (fusion) but the seismic data did not confirm that large of yield. Fusion bombs are extremely difficult to create and all the inner workings are still kept classified.

So the aircraft is over there to monitor what they have created because all indications are they are gearing up for another test.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

North Korea has been reported to possess around 25 chemical agents, including agents like sarin and VX, according to a 2016 report from the Korea Institute for Defense Analyses. Additionally, the country is estimated to have 13 types of pathogens, like anthrax and clostridium botulinum, which can be weaponized for a biological attack.

The country’s drone program has reportedly been in development since the early 1990s, according to Yonhap. Since then, North Korea’s drone program has reportedly made advancements in stealth technology, achieved a maximum speed of 100 miles per hour, and successfully carried a payload of 44-55 pounds.

One of its premier drones, the “Banghyun 5,” is believed to imitate the role of a Radiological Dispersal Device, otherwise known as a “dirty bomb” Popular Mechanics reported. Made out of titanium and carbon composites, the drone can apparently fly for up to 10 hours in order to deliver its deadly combination of conventional explosives and enriched uranium.

BusinessInsider.com, March 30, 2017 - North Korea reportedly has a fleet of 1,000 drones it can use for chemical attacks.

This is real news. Less than an hour old.

Great. An unstable dictator with not only his finger on the button but a fleet of deadly drones dispersing chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons... The article speculates that because NKs air force is so inferior to South Korea and because South Korea is getting an F-35 next year, they had improvise. H3ll of an improvisation!

Things look more and more scary in the region.

edit on 30-3-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Thanks for the detailed response, Teotwawkiaiff. I wonder how much "testing" the U.S. will allow before taking pre-emptive action to bump off Kim Jung-un? It's not like he's a recluse.

Does North Korea have any friends/nations that would come to the country's aid, if we droned Kim?
edit on 3/30/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

They'll take delivery of their first F-35 next year, but it'll probably be awhile before they're flying over the Peninsula. Most export nations are sending their first four or five aircraft to either Luke or Eglin and keeping them in the US. Some have joined the test and development fleet, others are being used to train their pilots and maintenance crews.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I heard this on the news today. I thought we were trying to prevent North Korea from getting nuclear weapons. Or is that Iran?
North Korea been doing nuclear detonations since 2006.

Iran, yes, thats who you must have been thinking of. They haven't developed the bomb yet, maybe they should buy some from North Korea....

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

TEOT is fine. I think we would all know who you are talking to! I hate typing out all those letters so why should you?

China and Russia are his allies. Any attempt of UN action has those two shooting down most attempts of further sanction. And those two are big enough that the US treads lightly.

Even the foreign version is pretty complicated, huh? Jet engines get complicated real fast. Then strap them onto a fighter plane... the learning curve must be steep. KJU is kind a knee jerk kind of guy though as evinced by his purges. Scratch that, he's just a jerk! Dirty bomb drones? Cussing is not allowed here but I have another name or two I'd use.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

It's the most complex aircraft ever built. And all the foreign customers are going from F-16 type aircraft, to F-35s. None of them, outside of us has a single operational stealth aircraft. So yeah, it's going to be a huge learning curve. Just learning to maintain the skin is going to be hard.

He's crazy, but he's smart. China has lost all patience with his crap, so there's no guarantee they'll have his back if he goes too far this time.
edit on 3/30/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Technology detects when nuclear payloads
are loaded before launch - then massive strikes
immobilize them. Then it is reconciliation for
them.

There will always be a need for long-range bombers.

edit on 30-3-2017 by ThatHappened because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatHappened

Of course there will be. But without Tac Air the bombers are going to have a much harder time getting through.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I'm afraid of the "caged animal" effect. The callousness of his purges makes me pause. They "shock and awe" tactic will not work this time.

Meanwhile, the rhetoric rises. The drones also are a cause for concern. Especially with the Winter Olympics in South Korea next year.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

uhoh now we're in trouble, McCain called Kim Jung a fatty.

John McCain has managed to infuriate North Korea after criticizing both Kim Jong-un's politics and physique in one scathing “crazy fat kid” insult. Pyongyang has warned of "disastrous consequences," claiming the comments are a “declaration of war.”
McCain didn't mince his words when referring to Kim during an interview with MSNBC last week, stating that "China is the only one that can control Kim Jong-un, this crazy fat kid that’s running North Korea."

The statement went on to accuse both McCain and Cruz of being "like a puppy knowing no fear of the tiger."

Responding to the spokesman's statements, McCain tweeted by asking a rather simple – if inflammatory – question.

"What, did they want me to call him a crazy skinny kid?" he asked.

RT Link
edit on 31-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I rek'n we should just air drop millions of leaflets all over NKorea population centres.
telling them the truth about Kim, North Korea, Isolation etc.
Tell them if they rise up against him we would help

It would only take an airstrike or two to knock out his command structure

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join