It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2017

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: modified device

Unfortunately, there are multiple conflicting stories coming out of North Korea over the past 12 hours. Can't tell what's official and what's not. Might be by design. The USA is not gullible enough to fall for any slight-of-hand. I think Kim Jong may have watched too many of his own propaganda flicks.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think Fatty Kim will come to ATS and ask what too do?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Big stand down from DPRK on the Guam rhetoric.

NPR.org (and several others reporting the same) - Aug. 15, 2017 - North Korea Says It Won't Fire Missiles At Guam After All.

YAY!

China had also forced some embargoes on NK goods. Crisis averted? Idk. Let's see how long KJU stays in hiding before putting down the pitch forks.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Kim Jong probably watched CNN and said to his generals, "The USA is destroying itself from within. There's no need for us to defeat them! Cancel the Guam launches."

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Kim Jong probably watched CNN and said to his generals, "The USA is destroying itself from within. There's no need for us to defeat them! Cancel the Guam launches."

It is humorous to entertain such a notion... Seriously ha ha..

BUT. There just might be a little bit of truth in there.The crazy bs going on, be it sjw bs or nazi bs...Oh wait, they are the same..

Anyway, yeah. We're screwed no matter what.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
SK commuter buses disappearing from Kaesong complex

The U.S. broadcaster said its analysis of a satellite photo taken June 16 by Digital Globe Inc., a U.S. imagery and information company, shows at least 15 commuter buses were missing from the complex's parking lot, as 33 buses have been moved but 18 others showed up in previously vacant places.

Another photo taken by Digital Globe on May 19 showed two to three buses, which were believed to be commuter buses for the complex's workers, running in the downtown of the North Korean city.

Curious indeed! It appears NK are stealing buses!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

It is humorous to entertain such a notion... Seriously ha ha..

BUT. There just might be a little bit of truth in there.The crazy bs going on, be it sjw bs or nazi bs...Oh wait, they are the same..

Anyway, yeah. We're screwed no matter what.

Right! Can you imagine the combination of JOY and DISMAY that Putin, Kim Jong, and Iran's leadership are feeling when watching CNN this week?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Should we just let Kim Jong continue to develop more powerful bombs? When we (the USA) did it, we didn't want anyone to stop us.

Perhaps if Kim Jong wasn't always threatening other countries, we'd let North Korea build and test all the nukes they wanted to test.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Reports that NK are readying for another ICBM launch
Reports of ballistic missile readying
SK detects NK missile launch preparations
NK ballistic missile imminent

Defence ministry offical Chang Kyung-soo said: "We have continued to see signs of possibly more ballistic missile launches. We also forecast North Korea could fire an intercontinental ballistic missile."

It's been a heck of a week in sunny North Korea!
edit on 4-9-2017 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
NK may launch toward the North Pacific? Ratcheting up the sabre rattling!

NK may fire ICBM toward North Pacific - SK Spy agency

orth Korea may fire an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) toward the North Pacific following its sixth nuclear test, South Korea's spy agency was quoted by a lawmaker as saying Monday.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
NK nuke test area in danger of collapse

A research team at the University of Science and Technology of China in Hefei, Anhui Province analyzed shock waves caused by the blasts and concluded that five of the North's six nuclear tests were carried out in tunnels under the same mountain in Punggye-ri. "Its leader, geophysicist Wen Lianxing, said that based on data collected by more than 100 earthquake monitoring centres in China, the margin of error was no more than 100 metres," the daily said.

Wang Naiyan, the former chairman of the China Nuclear Society, said, "Another test might cause the whole mountain to cave in on itself, leaving only a hole from which radiation could escape and drift across the region, including China."

This has been something else I have been concerned about - not so much any radiation leaking, but more so changes to the geology which could set off a chain of events/disasters throughout the region.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Should we just let Kim Jong continue to develop more powerful bombs? When we (the USA) did it, we didn't want anyone to stop us.

Perhaps if Kim Jong wasn't always threatening other countries, we'd let North Korea build and test all the nukes they wanted to test.

Perhaps if the US removed all sanctions then the threats might go away.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

To do so would only provide North Korea more capital to advance its WMD program. Why would the Allies do such a thing?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NuclearDamocles

To do so would only provide North Korea more capital to advance its WMD program. Why would the Allies do such a thing?

The sanctions could be lifted to ease the plight of the North Korean people and with caveats and diplomacy a peaceful solution might follow.
The real problem facing the world right now isn't North Korea, it is the USA's belligerence towards any nation that doesn't play ball.
Somehow or other the world has to put an end to the USA's need for hegemony through regime change and endless war.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I disagree. The real problem is that the NPT is a almost dead letter and any tin pot dictatorship on the planet will be able to have WMD within 50 years at the current rate. In any case the NK economy is already growing and the standard of living in the status quo is already increasing living standards even under sanctions. It is likely that a reduction in sanctions will only serve to accelerate the North Koreans nuclear and missile programs.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NuclearDamocles

I disagree. The real problem is that the NPT is a almost dead letter and any tin pot dictatorship on the planet will be able to have WMD within 50 years at the current rate. In any case the NK economy is already growing and the standard of living in the status quo is already increasing living standards even under sanctions. It is likely that a reduction in sanctions will only serve to accelerate the North Koreans nuclear and missile programs.

If that's what it takes for peace then it's fine by me. The US has no moral high ground from which to dictate to others, in fact the opposite is true. How many innocents murdered in the Middle East over recent decades...courtesy of American belligerence disguised as benevolence? What amazes me more than anything is the brass neck that the USA has when presuming to dictate to others. In a just world the USA would have no voice in any international sense and it would be sanctioned to the hilt.
edit on 8-9-2017 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

You won't get peace with a dead NPT. You make the fatal flaw of assuming Americans are different from humans, they aren't. If you think a relatively democratic republic should be sanctioned wait until Eritrea or Iran gets their hands on ICBM. You seem to fundamentally misunderstand human nature and think that if only the United States disappeared everything would be ok. Not only is your outlook naive it is also short-sighted. The more regimes that have WMD the higher the chance they are released. The idea of world peace if only the United States removed itself from international affairs is a fairy tale at best.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I'd be delighted to hear your definition of a "just World"!

Who would lead this 'just World' you refer to??? The UN??

Even the short version would suffice!

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NuclearDamocles

To be honest it is the hypocrisy of the US that I find galling. Sometimes it drives me to make over the top comments. I don't think Americans are different from other people, although having said that, there are those that regard themselves as exceptional.
I don't think I mentioned 'world peace' nor do I think it is achievable. The USA should have been sanctioned many times but it answers to no one really and only pays lip service to international law when it suits. It is the bully on the block, quick to point the finger at anyone else it deems the enemy. The last thing the US wants is peace in the world.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I'd be delighted to hear your definition of a "just World"!

Who would lead this 'just World' you refer to??? The UN??

Even the short version would suffice!

I don't have that definition but in the sense of justice the US should be held to the same standard that they demand of everyone else.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join