It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2017

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

...and?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why are you so hot for a war on the Korean Peninsula? One that could kill tens of thousands, possibly millions?

Why?

On the off chance that the chubby one is going to launch an ICBM at Alaska, or Guam?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

How would you respond to someone who is sanctioning you to the brink of starvation?

Would you love them or hate them?

We are very good at blaming little kimmy on how he treats his People. But are we any better? We are practically starving the NK because Little Kim dont want to fallow Our policy. Dont you see how crap rolles Down hill...from top to bottom?

There is a reason why NK is doing what it is doing. Because NK dont just want to fall Down flatt and fallow US policy like good little servents.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

...and?

And, seeing its evening, its less likely that a ICBM test would occur now.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Makes sense.

Sorry, that was rude of me.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Nah not rude. I sense the seagull needs morning coffee!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The day He goes a step too far will be closer then you think. Every day is a step closer to perfection. The outcome? Nobody will know. Till it's too late. Many deaths. Who is to blame?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The only way North Korea bomb or nuke another country, is if they are provoked. And as we all know, the west like to provoke!

I do not want a war, just on the off chance that north korea randomly nukes America, which i do not think will happen.

Thousands of innocent lives will be lost on a hunch!

Sorry, that is not good enough!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I just love how the gov't keeps changing stories on whether or not NK is capable of nuking us. Apparently some "experts" say their missiles can reach both the East and West Coasts.:

The test launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) by North Korea Friday confirms Pyongyang’s ability to strike the U.S. mainland, experts warn. The missile, which reached an altitude of 3,700km during its 47 minute flight, came down into the waters off of Japan’s west coast after being launched from Mupyong-ni, Chagang province, at 11:11 p.m. local time.

Had the projectile been launched on a normal trajectory, analysts say the ICBM may have reached as far as Washington D.C. “Based on the July 28 launch, preliminary impressions are that North Korea would be capable of easily ranging the contiguous United States…” The Diplomat’s Ankit Panda writes.

“The July 28 test would suggest that North Korea could potentially reach targets as far away as New York City and Washington, DC, depending on the size of its weapons payload.”

Source

The suspicious side of me is kicking in. First they say all travel to NK is being banned (I agree with that one, of course), then it's reported that all Americans still in NK needs to leave asap.

Then Hawaii puts out information as to what to do in the event of a nuke attack from NK.

I've been saying for a long time that sanctions and diplomacy don't work with Kim Jong Un and a pre-emptive strike is in order. But what really gets me is that President Trump is dragging his feet on NK. He never retaliated for the murder of Otto Warmbier and all the Administration wants to do is talk, talk, talk and sanction, sanction, sanction.

Just when is this issue going to be resolved? Before we're attacked?

That's highly doubtful imho.
edit on 28-7-2017 by dianajune because: typo

edit on 28-7-2017 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The most important line in the quote is:

depending on the size of its weapons payload.”

If they put 500 pounds of explosives in the warhead, as an example, the range of the missile increases by quite a bit. If they put a nuclear warhead on it, it decreases quite a bit.

The same missile that can reach Alaska with a nuclear warhead can reach the East Coast, but it can't carry a useful payload in doing so.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What about miniaturized nukes? How effective are they compared to conventional nukes, and does this matter since NK already have other weapons with which they can attack (inc. emp's and their satellites). I ask this because it looks like this conflict won't get resolved anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Even with a miniaturized warhead you're looking at a fairly heavy weapon. The B61, which is the most common weapon in the US inventory is 700 pounds basic weight (0.3-340 kiloton yield). The weight varies with warhead and fusing. The more efficient your missile, the better the range, even with a slightly heavier warhead.

I'd be a lot more worried about what they're going to do to Japan and South Korea, and our bases in the region than what they can do to the US mainland.

edit on 7/28/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/28/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I appreciate your input. You know much more about this than I do!

South Korea seems more willing to use THAAD now that NK had this latest test.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
If the US didn't want to go nuclear, can the boomers launch tomahawks?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Only the SSGNs can mass launch them. The SSNs can launch them, but not in the numbers an SSGN can.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
I just love how the gov't keeps changing stories on whether or not NK is capable of nuking us. Apparently some "experts" say their missiles can reach both the East and West Coasts.:

The test launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) by North Korea Friday confirms Pyongyang’s ability to strike the U.S. mainland, experts warn. The missile, which reached an altitude of 3,700km during its 47 minute flight, came down into the waters off of Japan’s west coast after being launched from Mupyong-ni, Chagang province, at 11:11 p.m. local time.

Had the projectile been launched on a normal trajectory, analysts say the ICBM may have reached as far as Washington D.C. “Based on the July 28 launch, preliminary impressions are that North Korea would be capable of easily ranging the contiguous United States…” The Diplomat’s Ankit Panda writes.

“The July 28 test would suggest that North Korea could potentially reach targets as far away as New York City and Washington, DC, depending on the size of its weapons payload.”

Source

The suspicious side of me is kicking in. First they say all travel to NK is being banned (I agree with that one, of course), then it's reported that all Americans still in NK needs to leave asap.

Then Hawaii puts out information as to what to do in the event of a nuke attack from NK.

I've been saying for a long time that sanctions and diplomacy don't work with Kim Jong Un and a pre-emptive strike is in order. But what really gets me is that President Trump is dragging his feet on NK. He never retaliated for the murder of Otto Warmbier and all the Administration wants to do is talk, talk, talk and sanction, sanction, sanction.

Just when is this issue going to be resolved? Before we're attacked?

That's highly doubtful imho.

Yup, the way the msm is pushing the narrative now that we're under direct threat (CNN's front page showing that the missile launched today could reach Chicago), it really seems like we might be headed for another confrontation.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

How would you respond to someone who is sanctioning you to the brink of starvation?

Would you love them or hate them?

We are very good at blaming little kimmy on how he treats his People. But are we any better? We are practically starving the NK because Little Kim dont want to fallow Our policy. Dont you see how crap rolles Down hill...from top to bottom?

There is a reason why NK is doing what it is doing. Because NK dont just want to fall Down flatt and fallow US policy like good little servents.

Awww.. poor lil' Kim and NK.

You'd think they don't conduct endless illicit illegal ways to subsidize their missile agenda, and to placate the sparse wealthy NK. But.. they have.. for a quite a long time now. THEY invaded SK. They have threatened SK and the U.S. repeatedly. Our sanctions are jack squat to NK. China is 90% of their trade, and everything is peanuts. China has done next to nil to stop trade with NK.

Pooor poor SK.

You should feel sorry for their citizens. Their plight has nothing to do with the U.S. or SK.. it has everything to do with their own government. Why people choose to defend that backwards, wicked government boggles my mind.

Tell me this - if NK utterly stopped their nuke agenda.. and instead funneled that money into improving their country, do you seriously think that the U.S. or SK would suddenly invade them? You are an idiot if you think so. Trying to paint NK in a good light is pathetic.. just stop it. The U.S. is defending their allies in S.K., nothing more. Is SK repeatedly performing nuke tests to threaten NK? Is SK or the U.S. threatening NK with fiery doom?

The "U.S. is evil no matter what!" agenda growls old. The U.S. meddles.. it is involved where it should not be.. but NK is not one of those places. This is as sad as the left and right attacking each other for the sake of it, even if it makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I should edit in the coverage of the NK launch as well.

Just thought I would add the video of the counter ballistic missile exercise the US and ROK did yesterday.

Published on Jul 28, 2017
North Korea is constantly threatening the peace and the Korean people on the Korean peninsula through nuclear tests and missile launches.
□ Our military is constructing a Korean 3-axis system to cope with North Korea's threats. To realize this, we have developed a new ballistic missile (BM) with increased range, increased power through diversification of warheads, and improved accuracy came.
□ We will launch a new type of ballistic missile, flight, and target hitting video, which we are currently developing under the direction of the National Defense Science Institute (about 25 seconds).
□ (Explanation of video showing new ballistic missile)
① First, it is a new type of ballistic missile firing and flying scene that has improved drastically the accuracy and power compared to the ballistic missiles that have been released so far. They have the ability to fire four shots within a matter of seconds from the same launch pad, which means they can destroy targets in a very short amount of time.
② The next step is to accurately hit the target point, which can improve the accuracy and cause fatal damage to the target with one step. In particular, it can destroy all the Changsha Pollution Tunnels that threaten the metropolitan area as well as the North Korean nuclear and missile bases. There is.
□ Our military has the world's highest precision and destructive missile capability that can hurl anywhere in North Korea if necessary, and will greatly enhance missile units and power in the future.
I would like to say that if North Korea conducts a military provocation, it will punish hard.

A 3 axis system?? That sounds familiar. I am assuming they were inspired by Israel's multi layered missile defense system of Iron Dome and the Arrow 1, 2, and 3.

Published on Jul 28, 2017
[Ministry of National Defense] July 29 - US and North Korea to respond to provocations of North Korean ballistic missiles (MOCA-2, ATACMS shooting image)

Our military position on North Korea's launch of ICBM-class missile

South Korea again fired an ICBM-class missile, which was more advanced than July 4th, on July 28,
Pyongyang's ballistic missile launch is not only a clear violation of several UN Security Council resolutions, but a serious provocation that threatens the security of the Korean peninsula and world peace.
In particular, despite the proposal by the Korean government, the missile provocation strongly condemns North Korea as a reckless act that abandons the expectations of the Korean government and the international community to ease military tensions between the two Koreas.
The ROK - US government will launch ground - to - surface missiles with the US - ROK alliance to develop strategic assets to punish and respond to North Korea 's missile provocations.
We will also consult with the US Army in an attempt to temporarily deploy additional Sad launchers, and we will soon build our own unique North Korean nuclear and missile countermeasures along with the deterrence of the US-ROK alliance.
Our military is preparing to prepare for additional provocations by strengthening its alertness and maintaining its unified defense posture to maintain its ready preparedness to react immediately to any provocation.

edit on 7-29-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Recent news snippets:

Apparently Moon Jae-in got intel on imminent ICBM test 2 days before it happened.

"President Moon Jae-in received a report on July 26 that a launch might have been conducted in North Korea's Jagang province, Mupyong-ri," Yoon said in the text message.
South Korea is closely watching any provocative movements by North Korea around the clock, Yoon said. North Korea's second test launch of an ICBM Friday night came in defiance of U.N. sanctions against the isolated country's nuclear and missile ambitions.

Intel Recieved

Meanwhile SK believes a nuke test & more missile tests by NK is likely.

North Korea is likely to conduct an additional ballistic missile launch and its sixth nuclear test following its latest launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), South Korea's defense ministry said Monday.
"There is a possibility that North Korea is likely to test its nuclear warhead and missile capabilities through a nuclear test with more explosive power," the Ministry of National Defense said in a report to the National Assembly.
The ministry added that the North is ready to carry out another nuclear test at any time at its nuclear explosion site in the northeastern province.

NK likely to fire more missiles, conduct nuke tests

And in other news, the Ryugyong Hotel appears to be ready to open for business after 30 years of construction.

NORTH Korea has quietly unveiled renovations around its capital’s biggest landmark — a futuristic, pyramid-shaped 105-story hotel that remains the world’s tallest unoccupied building 30 years after construction began.
Walls set up to keep people out of a construction area around the gargantuan Ryugyong Hotel — nicknamed the ‘Hotel of Doom’ — were pulled down late last week as the North marked the anniversary of the Korean War armistice. The removal revealed two broad new walkways leading to the 3000-room hotel and a big red propaganda sign declaring that North Korea is a leading rocket power.
It remains to be seen if the current work on the Ryugyong is intended to be a step toward actually finishing the long-stalled project or, more likely, an effort to make better use of the land around it.

"Hotel of Doom"

I have to say, it's pretty impressive - looks nice and futuristic like something out of Bladerunner.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: carewemust

Why are you so hot for a war on the Korean Peninsula? One that could kill tens of thousands, possibly millions?

Why?

On the off chance that the chubby one is going to launch an ICBM at Alaska, or Guam?

I don't want war. I want the CIA to put their secret assassination weapon to use!

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join