It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2017

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: Xcathdra
North Korea to make a major announcement 3:30pm their time (06:30 GMT).

The Spectator Index‏ @spectatorindex 42m42 minutes ago

BREAKING: North Korea says it will make an important announcement within two hours

Oh dear. If I'm not mistaken, that's in 8 minutes from now.

This lady in white silk pajamas is conducting the briefing. Looks like a long-winded historical propaganda thingy.
bnonews.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If they gonna evacuate Seoul then we know something is coming up. Anybody who lives there?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This nonsense is getting worse. I'm honestly beginning to wonder if the Trump Administration WANTS us to get nuked. It's a hard thing for me to say as I was stupid enough to vote for him. Check this out:

US military analysts believe North Korea launched a "probable" two-stage intercontinental ballistic missile Tuesday, according to a US official with knowledge of the ongoing post-launch analysis. An earlier initial assessment by the US indicated that the North Koreans launched an intermediate-range, single-stage KN-17 missile.

But the revised analysis assesses with "high confidence" that Monday's launch was an ICBM, the official said.

The ongoing assessment suggests a second-stage booster did ignite and produced 30 seconds of additional flight The missile flew more than 550 miles before splashing down west of Japan, according to the source.

Further down in the report....

As officials huddle in Washington, US Ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley has called for an emergency session of the UN Security Council to address the launch. A tweet from Haley's spokesman, Jonathan Wachtel stated that she told Liu Jieyi, the Chinese UN Ambassador and current President of the Security Council, that she wanted to call the meeting, which will take place Wednesday afternoon in New York.

Source

What is Trump waiting for - an invite? NK keeps ramping up its nuclear missile program. The powers-that-be STILL want more sanctions and more diplomacy. In other words, same old same old. Nothing new. I thought the era of "strategic patience" was over when Obama left office?

It feels as though he's still there, but with a Trump costume.

I probably sound harsh, but if nothing concrete is done soon then we will see another nuclear weapon go off, whether it be against the CONUS, Alaska, Hawaii or one of NK's neighbors.

Waiting around, doing the same old thing over & over and expecting different results is insane!

I will be very surprised if we do not see nuclear war break out by month's end.
edit on 4-7-2017 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

What is Trump waiting for - an invite?

He is waiting for China and Russia to take charge North Korea is after all their communist baby,a war on the Korean peninsula will not be like any war we have seen,it will be quick and extremely violent and a lot of people will depart this Earth in a matter of minutes,not something we just jump head long into,the Kims have been launching missiles into the sea for many years,don't be in a hurry to get to WW3 it'll come soon enough like a thief in the night and you won't be ready,none of us are.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: modified device
a reply to: dianajune

What is Trump waiting for - an invite?

He is waiting for China and Russia to take charge North Korea is after all their communist baby,a war on the Korean peninsula will not be like any war we have seen,it will be quick and extremely violent and a lot of people will depart this Earth in a matter of minutes,not something we just jump head long into,the Kims have been launching missiles into the sea for many years,don't be in a hurry to get to WW3 it'll come soon enough like a thief in the night and you won't be ready,none of us are.

I understand that diplomacy and sanctions are preferable to WW3, but Lil' Kim already showed the world he doesn't respond to those actions. Never has and never will.

Imho he wants war at any cost, and war he will have, because we can't sit around forever and give him more time to perfect his nuclear weapons program.

If we do a pre-emptive strike many will die.

If we don't conduct a pre-emptive strike many more will die.

It's like that famous line from War Games: The only way to win is not play.

But crazy & evil Kim Jong Un wants to play. And he wants to play very badly.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This article is from 2015.

"The US and China can avoid collision course, if the US gives up it's empire"

Written by John Glaser.

Isn't this what N. Korea wants from the US too.

Maybe we need to get out of their backyard.

www.theguardian.com...

Then I found this article. What a conundrum.

edit on 5-7-2017 by crappiekat because: to add link

nationalinterest.org...
edit on 5-7-2017 by crappiekat because: forgot link. trying to do too many things at once.

I just wanted to add. I know most of you know all this stuff. I am learning. So I thought it would maybe help someone else who was trying to understand all of this.

edit on 5-7-2017 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Thank you for posting. I had not read the second article that you linked.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Apollo79

Good spotting. Why is this not in the news? Will the us really use a nuke on the mad bastard? Is there any other way?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Apollo79

The B1 bombers made the same flights on June 20th.

www.cnn.com...

I don't think Kim Jong cares what we fly in his neighborhood. Hasn't deterred him one bit.

A cruise missile to his location is the only "message" he'll understand.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes, I don't see it deterring him. Good training I'm sure, but I wonder what a round trip like that costs in AV fuel? Not critical of the action but just a random thought. Where's Zaph ? lol

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

edit on 26-7-2017 by Sagacity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Yeah not gonna happen and not really sure what "empire" is being referred to. China continues to deploy its military along N. Korea's border. Something large is being prepared for and its not N. Korean defense.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
U.S. Defense experts now feel that North Korea will be able to hit the US with a Nuke in less than a year! Not 2020 as previously thought.

We keep underestimating Kim Jong.

Why can't the CIA get rid of the guy and make it look like natural death, or an accident. We send the agency billions of our taxpayer dollars. What the hell are they doing with it?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
U.S. Defense experts now feel that North Korea will be able to hit the US with a Nuke in less than a year! Not 2020 as previously thought.

We keep underestimating Kim Jong.

Why can't the CIA get rid of the guy and make it look like natural death, or an accident. We send the agency billions of our taxpayer dollars. What the hell are they doing with it?

The problem is, If he's killed then what? Does it immediately restart the Korean war? An internal North Korean war for power? Total implosion of the state and mass exodus to SK and China. Nobody knows how to really predict and weigh the outcomes, which is why the situation drags on.

From NKs perspective seeking ICBMs is not only sensible but is absolutely essential for regime survival. They are not going to stop, regardless of who sits in the top chair and what threats/bribes are made.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Aussie Foreign Affairs Minister is of the opinion there could be further tests today by NK to mark Victory Day.

NK could conduct further ICBM tests today - Julie Bishop

"We are receiving these reports, and the Australian Government's position is to ensure that no hostile power has the capacity to pose an existential threat to Australia," Ms Bishop told ABC RN.

The latest threat follows reports US intelligence officials believe North Korea will have the capacity to conduct an intercontinental nuclear missile strike within the next six months.

Well, let's see hey. I would not be surprised in the least.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Another big Holiday to show STRENGTH. For this one, N.K. will celebrate by striking the U.S. with a nuclear weapon.

""North Korea has finalized the probable date of its Nuclear Strike on the United States on July 27 which is the 64th anniversary of the signing of the Korean Armistice Agreement when Kim Jong Un’s country will celebrate Victory Day. Government sources in South Korea have confirmed to a section of the media that preparations have started at the launch site to move the ICBM in place.""

us.blastingnews.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Coming towards evening in NK.

2nd

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: justwokeup

What happens if, or when, the almighty CIA misses??

Then what? Or worse, the assassin, or assassins, get captured and paraded before the world... Fight's on!! How many South Koreans, and Japanese die this time?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Why would we? Or any other nuclear power, the US isn't the only one, after all...

The tactics have worked for the better part of a century, there's no reason to believe that anything is going to change any time soon.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join