It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wants 20% Import Tax to Pay for Wall With Mexico

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Not 100% certain, but I think this was in relation to the auto industry.

This chart puts it ~ 73%

atlas.media.mit.edu...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

So sorry, you're right. I wouldn't those pretty little alt-snowflakes to melt. Best to stick with alt-truth, half-truth, and everything but the truth.

edit on 26-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: added comment

edit on 26-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

ROFL

I'm sure American businesses that manufacture in Mexico as well as American retailers that buy cheap goods from Mexico are looooving this one.

He'll have everyone hating him besides the Fossil Fuel whores.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

No sh#t, some might consider it a small price to pay.
I'm not convinced the wall is a good idea..I understand the sentiment though.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I can help. I have access to google.

Total US Corporate Taxes (2015)

314 billion, 688 million

www.taxpolicycenter.org...

Total Mexican Imports INTO the US (2015)

296 billion, 407.9 million.

www.census.gov...

Hell, that might work!

But wait, there's more:

Total US Exports to Mexico (2015 Estimated)

235 billion, 745.1 million (same source)

All of which will likely be tariffed at an equal or greater rate BY Mexico, against our products and services. Uh oh.

And that's just one country.

Sounds like a rough four years for lots of American businesses, large and small. Math (and trade wars) is/ are a B like that.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Oh... I guess there's that too. But Trump said it will be good so it must be... right?

haha

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Oohh... Facts... And not partisanship biased! Thats cryptonite here.

I wish this man would actually focus on making America great again, which he has a good chance of doing, instead of trying to win the popularity contest by telling millions of mongs what they want to hear.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Me too.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm dumbfounded by the wall talk that all the trump supporters and anti-trumpers haven't mentioned once that people cross the borders through tunnels. This is how large amounts of drugs get into the US too.

The fact that pro-wall people have not said this once just shows they eat everything up without thinking critically about anything.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
I'm dumbfounded by the wall talk that all the trump supporters and anti-trumpers haven't mentioned once that people cross the borders through tunnels. This is how large amounts of drugs get into the US too.

The fact that pro-wall people have not said this once just shows they eat everything up without thinking critically about anything.

SHHHH. We're not supposed to talk about the tunnels! Are you trying to undermine the DEA and ATF???

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

But Trump said the wall will fix everything!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

originally posted by: game over man

SHHHH. We're not supposed to talk about the tunnels! Are you trying to undermine the DEA and ATF???

To be honest the whole issue with immigration seems to be a political topic of tug o war with voters and the 1% and there is probably a more civilized way to handle movement at the borders. I'm sure the financial details are immense but the topic is just left and right wing politics...It's really irritating to hear a $15 billion dollar debate discussed with just an observational opinion.

In my opinion you have to be an EXPERT in US/Mexico illegal immigration, and honestly most people are not, except they like to think they are.

For example, while I call conspiracy on all this nonsense, there is not one mention of the word PROFIT for the middle and lower class citizens with the completion of the Wall. If the numbers were laid out in a financial statement, reviewed by by dozens-100's of financial experts and confirmed what the bottom line profit will be, then I'm interested.

Otherwise this is a debate with no real answer on the end result that will just get Americans arguing with each other, and I'm betting the 1% will win, and we will lose. That seems to be a safer bet.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

That was just an Empty Threat , he Backed Off on that the Next Day . It would Never Happen Anyway .

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Tariff's aren't free market adjustments. It's just the opposite, getting government involved to weaken your competitors products because you can't make something desirable yourself.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

But Trump said the wall will fix everything!

No, there's a wall in Trumps brain the truth can't get through

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Your going to pay 20% more for the same quality product

A lower quality product. If it were better quality it would already be selling.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

That was just an Empty Threat , he Backed Off on that the Next Day . It would Never Happen Anyway .

edit on Jan-26-2017 by xuenchen because: classified

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

We all said this is what he meant by "Mexico will pay for it".

In the end it will be something like this. There are so many ways to do it.

edit on 1 26 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Not 100% certain, but I think this was in relation to the auto industry.

This chart puts it ~ 73%

atlas.media.mit.edu...

Thanks

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Most Americans still don't realize that the only reason we banned marijuana and instituted payroll taxes, was to demonize and exploit illegalized immigrants.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join