It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Powers are still playing the American people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Straight away this post IS NOT about Trump nor Clinton per se, had the results been the opposite way around then this post would still be relevant. Also I am from the UK and had no influence in the election/cannot honestly comment - this is for the American people who from afar could review what candidates stood for, make up their mind and vote.

It's fair to say that the large (country) powers want to influence other countries and elections or uprisings are a good start. Russia would have had their favourite candidate in the US election (as they always do) and would have done various things to influence the election. If you were a foreign power and you wanted to undermine America what would you do next? Well you would want an un-confident America, an America where the presidency itself (I stress this could have been Clinton not just Trump) is questioned or not recognised by many of its own people - and they would encourage a "rebellion" of any form.

Do I have any proof of Russia as opposed to other foreign powers in the US election? The propaganda machine by Russia in the UK was strong from 1980s onwards often pumping money for various causes that could destabilise the UK government or split it from the US e.g. Nuclear disarmament - and why wouldn't they - this is a low cost operation with potential great changes in your countries favour. They have years of experience in this type of subtle warfare. This tactic is very similar to what the US/UK have tried to do in many of the Middle East countries e.g. Syria - undermine the president and encourage the opposition to get a voice and a protest (even to arming them).

Back to the US Elections, all democracies have issues but they are still the best option of a worst lot. The size of the crowds for inauguration is completely irrelevant as is the actual number of votes, there will always be rules in democratic elections e.g. whether they won by individual MPs on certain boundaries or on a points system per state but this again is irrelevant - you always need rules and as long as everyone know the rules before and are stuck to - then the winner is legitimate.

Please bear in mind both Clinton and Trump supporters (especially Clinton supporters only as Trump is president), there are a number of foreign powers out there that want to continue to undermine this election as a way to undermine your country. And I will predict that there will be further attacks on the legitimacy of the president.

I would be interested to know what else you would do if you were a foreign power that wanted to undermine the US?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: templar knight

Set up a bunch of anonymous twitter and Facebook accounts then act like you are a disgruntled government employee trying to get the "real" information out to the people.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't see the news in this....

Foreign powers are playing with other countries for at least 5000 years... with all media available at the time and now.

The US no different.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It's fair to say that the large (country) powers want to influence other countries and elections or uprisings are a good start

They got a long way to go before they get in the same league as the Democrat and Republican parties, and Mainstream Media.

Long,long,long way.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: templar knight

I would be interested to know what else you would do if you were a foreign power that wanted to undermine the US?

So I happened upon a book today in the field of psychology, just nosing around like I tend to do most days...

Considered a must read by lots of Psychologists/Psychiatrists. I'm not one but aspire to be of use to somebody who might need counsel on a street corner...I work for free.

Check it out if you get the chance.
It should lend a new perspective...

new topics

top topics

join