It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IG Investigating Obama Admin Cyber Attacks On Georgia Election System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Looks like the inspector general for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is going to be investigating the apparent "hack" by DHS into the State of Georgia network that happened last year.

Seems there's enough proof to go ahead and take a closer look.

Many people think it was an order from Obama at the time.

Hmmm.

Maybe they were testing as part of their declaration that elections are "critical infrastructure".

Wonder who else got "tested" ?

EXCLUSIVE: IG Investigating Obama Admin Cyber Attacks On Georgia Election System

Federal officials have launched an investigation into why the Department of Homeland Security hacked into the Georgia state governmental network, including its election system, The Daily Caller News Foundation’s Investigative Group has learned.

John Roth, inspector general for DHS, wants to know why the agency broke protocol on its way to 10 unprecedented attacks on the system overseen by Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp — who is also one of the most vocal critics about the Obama administration’s attempt to designate local and state election machinery as part of federal “critical infrastructure.”

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Reminds me of when someone peeked at the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services (ODJFS) database to find dirt on 'Joe the Plumber's' child support records, in 2008.

That database also houses all the voter registration info on recipients of ODJFS services.

Of course that was all quickly swept under the rug and one Democratic official took the fall.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Now that IS interesting.

First i've heard of that, I must look into it.

@Xuenchen

Just out of interest, What way did Georgia vote?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

@Xuenchen

Georgia voted their hearts.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

@Xuenchen

Peaches bruise easily, be gentle.....
Lol

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Now that IS interesting.

First i've heard of that, I must look into it.

@Xuenchen

They went with Trump

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

Not to go OT, but here's the Wiki summary on what happened when that database was breached:

Helen Jones-Kelley

SNIP:

State and local officials conducted an investigation into whether Jones-Kelley's order to access Ohio government databases was illegal; they concluded on November 20, 2008, that the searches breached protocol but found there was no evidence to prove they were part of a political agenda or linked with a political group or campaign.

She was a Democrat, of course, and Joe the Plumber was an outspoken critic of Obama's.

And, no one ever mentioned that was the same database that houses all ODJFS recipients' voter registration info.

But it does....thanks to a 2006 lawsuit between *cough* ACORN and Ohio SOS, Kenneth Blackwell: Link

I always thought the sum total of those facts are very interesting.

edit on 26-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

originally posted by: xuenchen

@Xuenchen

Peaches bruise easily, be gentle.....
Lol

See you never been to Georgia .
We didnt vote with our hearts. We dont like criminals at al. As opposed to some of the states , we lock em up.
Thus , no Hillary

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Good lord, I can't keep up with all the hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Good catch. First I heard of this. Is this the Obama IG or Trumps? I'd like to know the extent of the "hack" Maybe they were probing/scanning? Something else to watch and see how it progresses.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard

Good catch. First I heard of this. Is this the Obama IG or Trumps? I'd like to know the extent of the "hack" Maybe they were probing/scanning? Something else to watch and see how it progresses.

Guess I should have RTFA. Non event in my book. the article say they were scans, not really a compromise of any sort. Since when is a scan illegal? Check your firewall logs.

From the article referenced by the OP:

The “scans” are attacks to test security weaknesses in a network. It’s called the electronic equivalent of “rattling doorknobs” to see if they’re unlocked — or on a darker side, to send a message to a recipient. Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Federal officials have launched an investigation into why the Department of Homeland Security hacked into the Georgia state governmental network, including its election system, The Daily Caller News Foundation’s Investigative Group has learned.

Well that's a tad bit out of the operational jurisdiction of the Department of Homeland Security.

Wonder why they are playing the CIA.

new topics

top topics

join