It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. government scientists go 'rogue' in defiance of Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

So? The gag order is on all of them.
Hey drumpft deny ignorance dude.

This is our president
. The conspiracy theorist.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You mean the Non Disclosure Agreements that they signed as a condition of employment?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

They can find themselves new jobs then, can't they?

Uh huh. Just like everyone else. I hear there's gonna be a bunch of temporary construction jobs building walls, roads, tunnels and a pile of other stuff. Federally funded, of course.

Check it out: Trump VS the Robots

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
:rolleyes:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Uh huh. Just like everyone else. I hear there's gonna be a bunch of temporary construction jobs building walls, roads, tunnels and a pile of other stuff.

Cuz building infrastructure is such a waste of funds right?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: verschickter

www.marketwatch.com... ays-white-house-hasnt-banned-agencies-from-tweeting-2017-01-25

“They haven’t been directed by us to do anything,” he told reporters at the daily briefing.

“From what I understand, is that they’ve been told within their agencies to adhere to their own policies. But that directive did not come from here,” he said.

There, you have it. Either believe the government or the press. Whatever fit´s your prejudice.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Uh huh. Just like everyone else. I hear there's gonna be a bunch of temporary construction jobs building walls, roads, tunnels and a pile of other stuff.

No. 'Cuz soon, about the ONLY jobs for humans will be government funded ones. The new factories that Trump's demanding will be automated.

…A report put out in February 2016 by Citibank in partnership with the University of Oxford predicted that 47% of US jobs are at risk of automation. In the UK, 35% are. In China, it's a whopping 77% — while across the OECD it's an average of 57%.

…And three of the world's 10 largest employers are now replacing their workers with robots.

…Automation will, "in turn will accelerate the already widening economic inequality around the world," Hawking wrote. "The internet and the platforms that it makes possible allow very small groups of individuals to make enormous profits while employing very few people. This is inevitable, it is progress, but it is also socially destructive."

edit on 26/1/17 by soficrow because: format

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Let me change the wording a bit

The internet and the platforms that it makes possible allow very small groups of individuals to make enormous profits while employing very few people. This is inevitable, it is progress, but it is also socially destructive."

into

The internet and the platforms that it makes possible allow very small groups of individuals to make enormous impact while employing very few people. This is inevitable, it is progress, but it is also socially destructive."

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: Watcher777

Yeah but think about the poor US 'scientists'! Where US actually means government and scientist means data-doctor.

No... Science is not a Liberal conspiracy. People like you are the problem... not the solution.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Sure they can. I'm sure countries like Japan, China, and India would love to hire some US scientists. How would that look for Trump if the US started falling behind because all our top scientists moved to other countries?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

You want to edit Stephen Hawking too!?!!!

Oh the hubris. Or are you saying that he too is a political shill?

:rolls eyes:

edit on 26/1/17 by soficrow because: link

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Good! Information cannot be squelched!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You mean the Non Disclosure Agreements that they signed as a condition of employment?

You assume...

In fact Trump may be in violation of several Federal laws... Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act under which mandatory communications with Congress and Inspector Generals are protected.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

These are anonymous twitter accounts that are being set up. ANYONE can set one up and CLAIM they work for XYZ agency, then make any claim they want.

Any of us can do this, maybe we should all set up anonymous accounts and state we are scientists and spew whatever information we like....hmmm.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You call a wall "infrastructure"? It's a huge waste of taxpayers money. As for the rest; roads, tunnels, and "piles of other stuff"... that remains to be seen. Haven't heard any plans from The D.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

U.S. government scientists go 'rogue' in defiance of Trump

Trump to rouge U.S. employed scientists,

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

You call a wall "infrastructure"? It's a huge waste of taxpayers money.

I quoted what you wrote, there was infrastructure such as road, tunnels and piles of other stuff that will benefit the nation in the list. I am not in favor of or against the wall, I do not know enough about it at this time.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Oh the hubris. Or are you saying that he too is a political shill?

:rolls eyes:

I doubt Mr Hawking does much more than dribble and wee his depends,yes he's a shill they program and trot out when needed heres a good example.(for a laugh)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

I didn't write that... you have me mistaken for soficrow ... apologies for the confusion..

edit on 26-1-2017 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
a reply to: D8Tee

I didn't write that... you have me mistaken for soficrow ... apologies for the confusion..

Jeez. I said "I hear there's gonna be a bunch of temporary construction jobs building walls, roads, tunnels and a pile of other stuff," here. Then D8Tee called it "infrastructure" here - You wrote "You call a wall "infrastructure"? It's a huge waste of taxpayers money," here, not me.

My focus was on automation, the emerging new economy and the future of work. For a quick reality check:

The CEO of United Technologies just let slip an unintended consequence of the Trump-Carrier jobs deal

…….Yes, low-skilled jobs are being lost to other countries, but they're also being lost to technology.

Everyone from liberal, Nobel-winning economist Paul Krugman to Republican Sen. Ben Sasse has noted that technological developments are a bigger threat to American workers than trade. Viktor Shvets, a strategist at Macquarie, has called it the "third industrial revolution."

Trump VS the Robots.

edit on 26/1/17 by soficrow because: add link

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join