It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists planning massive march in DC

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Awwww the poor babies upset they not get anymore free money to make up fairytales .

I think you're mistaken. Christianity isn't affected by Trump's decision.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
this isn`t unexpected nobody wants to be kicked off the government gravy train if sugar daddy uncle sam was kicking me to the curb I would complain too.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Don't worry ... the best and brightest of America's scientists are in private industry, not employed by government grants. They will still be at work during the march. I will be with those working scientists ... though I might watch the march on YouTube or something, just to see if I recognize any of my old cronies in the crowd.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
This is going to be great.

Personally, I'm picturing a sea of white lab coats, more pocket protectors in one square mile than china manufactures in a year and plenty of discussion over who will be finally named the superior captain, Kirk or Picard.

Exactly. No need for actual scientists when you can just put anyone in a lab coat.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Is it going to be a scandal when its most white men?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Didn't you hear?

In the brave new politically correct world, specialty in climate change is now a requirement for engineering.

I know it can be hard to stick to a single line of thought while drinking whiskey on the old farm, but DBCowboy said...

Political ideology was promoted through the veneer of science.

"Science is settled."
"Science is absolute."

I replied,

Guess you never read the comment section in Nature or Science.

Maybe this was a little on the complicated side, so let me spell it out using simpler language.

The research about global warming, or any other subject for that matter, published in Nature and Science is almost always followed with critiques supplied by other scientists to identify problems in interpretation and methodology. This process of critiquing post-publication is to ensure the research is (a) correct and (b) to figure out ways to make progress going forward.

Then I said...

Lots of talk about things you know nothing about, sounds about right from a Republican.

Since DBCowboy said and I quote...

"Science is settled."
"Science is absolute."

I thought it was worth pointing out that real scientists who labor to check and recheck their findings to better understand what's happening with Earth's climate are highly critical of each others' work. Climate science doesn't consist of a bunch of people sitting around patting each other on the back. In fact, the discussions published in journals and symposium proceedings can turn downright hostile.

One of the reasons for this is because the process is open to anyone in the scientific community to voice their concerns with the hope that this will better illuminate the quality of the research. Anyone external to the scientific community is free to read these journals to better understand the kinds of debates that are happening.

If you bothered to read any of the journals listed you would see this for yourself, thereby debunking the ridiculous "Science is absolute" nonsense.

DBCowboy replied to this comment by saying,

Actually I'm an engineer.

Wow, great! DBCowboy is now openly supporting my statement that he doesn't know anything about the scientific community.

Kudos to him for his honesty!

However, he said this with a hint of authority, like being an engineer somehow qualified him to comment.

So I asked him to see if he had bothered to read any of the actual research.

He then replied by saying,

So in order to be an engineer, I have to cite climate change articles?

Way to lose the plot.

Bringing up that he was an engineer has nothing to do with what we were talking about. This is called a non sequitur.

Are there any other confusions here or are we on the same page now?

edit on 26-1-2017 by RightInThere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

So......

If one person is a 'scientist scientist' and doesn't go, and then another is an 'engineer scientist' and does go:

Which one is the heretic, and which one is the zealot?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It'll be certainly interesting to see how many of the scientists are actually grad students or hold some ridiculous degree like "feminist science".

Might even get a few "political scientists" in the mix too who have severely skewed views of their education.

I'm sure they'll be a fair few real scientists too, the ones who just happen to have a day off.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well if the liberals really need another excuse to go down and break stuff and hurt people, are the actual scientists in the crowd going to break out the Mad Science, or what?

Oh, and I've been off the computer fr over a week.... I know they protested the inauguration, but hoes their Occupation of the White House going so far?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Any complaints from the LGBTQ community that they will not be adequately represented at the scientists march?
I don't know what you mean. Can you clarify your remarks, please?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I thought the march was about the "gag" order, ordered by Trump. My interpretation of the gag order was that the communication between our government scientists and Chinese, Russian, Indian and other non-resident scientists was to cease immediately because of state secrets and non-disclosure. Most scientists I know (and I know many) laugh hysterically when you mention global warming or climate change. There was an error in the math is usually the answer I get.

Upon further investigation, the department heads of each agency reinforced the rules and regulations that they all (should) have signed NDAs for.

edit on 26-1-2017 by NightFlight because: Upon further you know the rest...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
I thought the march was about the "gag" order, ordered by Trump. My interpretation of the gag order was that the communication between our government scientists and Chinese, Russian, Indian and other non-resident scientists was to cease immediately because of state secrets and non-disclosure.

Ah, no. Not at all. The gag orders are not about state secrets and confidentiality. The Trump administration's concern is that scientists might talk about actual science with the public and media, or where the public or media might overhear or access their scientific wisdom.

As taxpayers, one of our main issues is Open Access to scientific information, and taxpayer's right to information we pay for.

The American Association for the Advancement of Science warns against 'censorship and intimidation’

The scientific community called it “muzzling.”

Trump bans government scientists from sharing their work with the taxpayers who funded it

edit on 26/1/17 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Are Bill Nye and NIel DeGrasse going to this shindig?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I agree with this statement.

"An American government that ignores science to pursue ideological agendas endangers the world.”

Yea like the Marxist/Progressives the D's are doing to us, i agree about them ignoring facts to promote the false Global warming money scam. This scientist isn't going unless we are targeting the liars who support Gores bs.
edit on 26-1-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

What Exactly are All these " Marches " Accomplishing by the Way ? The Majority of the American People are More Concerned about the Economy Right Now than these Leftists Hissy Fits .........

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I'd try to show up with this one.

My 3 important issues.

1. Equal Rights/Equal Treatment.

2. Separation of church and state.

3. Science advancement.

Yea lets separate from the Goracle and that BS please.
edit on 26-1-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: rickymouse
I agree. Researching research that has been done a thousand times. It´s arguable if the planet is warming that much, but this thing: We know it. Time to actually change something. It´s not like we´re not knowing what to do.

Yea we know it is our Sun and the other planets prove it is so.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RightInThere

originally posted by: crankyoldman
So please, march, panic, panic and march, spread fear and panic about the loss of your job so we may all see the light, and agree to borrow more money, see inflation go up 10 percent a year so I may know what GMO's are safe, except when the are not, but sometimes, except they aren't, but a study says the are, but it isn't a real study except that it was.

Wasn't Trump's platform that he would bring more jobs to the United States? Do you really want a brain drain like what happened with Microsoft when everyone left for Google? Our best and brightest will leave because they have the freedom to do so, and what reason would they have to stick around if they can't do work in their field?

Our very best were being ignored for "propaganda based science" by the last Adminstration people!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I'm watching for dates. If need be, I'll reschedule classes I'm teaching in order to get there.

Sounds like i need to go and meet you so we can sit down and have a real discussion. I bring my data, you bring yours.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The scientific community wastes ridiculous amounts of money on a ridiculous amount of ridiculous studies.

They should have revenue slashed based on the ridiculous food pyramid alone, or for selling out to GMO giants like Monsanto, or Big Pharma.

Just because they're scientists doesn't mean anything special.

But, it makes sense for more snowflakes to march in the winter months.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join