It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists planning massive march in DC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Weren't the EPA rewriting the Clean Water Act?

The Standing Rock Sioux claim this review process, in the case of the Dakota Access Pipeline, was not done properly. In a lawsuit it filed in July against the Army Corps of Engineers, the group claims the permitting process was rushed and undertaken largely without its input.

If the pipeline were to leak or burst, it would send oil deep into the Missouri River, the Standing Rock Sioux's single source of water — water the group relies on for everything from bathing to drinking. For that reason, the Standing Rock Sioux say the Army Corps of Engineers could violate not just one but two laws: NEPA as well as the Clean Water Act. The 1972 Clean Water Act makes it unlawful to discharge any pollutant from single identifiable source — such as a pipe — into certain bodies of water without a permit.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I really miss the Carl Sagan type of scientists. Open minded and critical to their own failures.

link   
a reply to: Jaellma

It seems that agencies like the CDC are blowing up threats like Zika so they can get more federal funds to do research on the virus. Making us fear things to get extra money for their people is not a good thing. But it happens all the time.

I would think the violent alterations in the weather patterns we are experiencing in this country are more to do with fracking which changes the way that currents move through the crust than global warming. But not a cent will be spent on researching that, all evidence that shows a possible connection is old, they knew of a connection sixty years ago but I guess nobody wrote it in evidence that can be looked at. A little fracking is nothing, but we are fracking the hell out of whole areas. No money will be appropriated for looking at that though.

So blame climate change on Carbon dioxide and avoid research on the real causes of what is being seen and give the scientists lots of money. So Trump is going to alter where that money is spent and he will not be looking at my idea either, that would limit the gas and oil industry. I accept that, I can see both sides.

link   
Will they be borrowing the p-hats and screaming about Hitler in the streets. Maybe get gross and vulgar like the dingbat speakers at the women's march. Blood on my slide rule from tirelessly working long hours to save the planet.

Employee's are not there to make policy, they are there to carry it out.

Saw this picture that may fit these marches.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

Star for making me lookup what "dingbat" means. As of now I thought someone was creative naming a font.

And also, because you´re right.
edit on 26-1-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I'd try to show up with this one.

My 3 important issues.

1. Equal Rights/Equal Treatment.

2. Separation of church and state.

3. Science advancement.

In my observations the people demanding #1 don't actually want equal treatment. They want preferential treatment. Allow me to enter exhibit A.

www.womenshealth.gov...

www.menshealth.gov...

One of these is not like the other.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

My 3 important issues.

3. Science advancement.

M3 2. I like it.

March Nerd March: Be There

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: netwarrior

My 3 important issues.

3. Science advancement.

In my observations the people demanding #1 don't actually want equal treatment. They want preferential treatment. Allow me to enter exhibit A.

www.womenshealth.gov...

www.menshealth.gov...

Your second link doesn't work, I tried opening it in a few different browsers so I don't think it's my computer.

I hope you fix it, so I can see what the difference between the two is and then hopefully understand what message you are trying to portray.

Also, as a man, I'd like to bookmark the link for later use outside of this discussion and hopefully take advantage of some of the things afforded to me, as a man, to better my health.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: netwarrior

My 3 important issues.

3. Science advancement.

www.womenshealth.gov...

www.menshealth.gov...

Your second link doesn't work, I tried opening it in a few different browsers so I don't think it's my computer.

I hope you fix it, so I can see what the difference between the two is and then hopefully understand what message you are trying to portray.

Also, as a man, I'd like to bookmark the link for later use outside of this discussion and hopefully take advantage of some of the things afforded to me, as a man, to better my health.

There's nothing wrong with the link. That was intentional. menshealth.gov does not exist...but womenshealth.gov does.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior
First I thought it´s the https but then

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Good. Science needs protection more than ever from the modern day Religion of Trumpism.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I would think the violent alterations in the weather patterns we are experiencing in this country are more to do with fracking which changes the way that currents move through the crust than global warming. But not a cent will be spent on researching that, all evidence that shows a possible connection is old, they knew of a connection sixty years ago but I guess nobody wrote it in evidence that can be looked at. A little fracking is nothing, but we are fracking the hell out of whole areas. No money will be appropriated for looking at that though.

You really don't understand how science works do you?

If you think there's solid data showing fracking affects climate, collect the information, write a synopsis, and publish it in a journal.

That's all science is.

Scientists are people who go out and do field research, try to make sense of it, and then share it with their peers.

There is no magic. All it requires is logic and scrutinization.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What the hell?

This is incoherent gibberish based on nothing but your own fears.

Isn't science about data, evaluating data, and working to avoid chicken little fear mongering (exception: jobs/grants/money.)?

After a week you see the sky is falling, the world is going to hell, all scientists will be forced to work in jobs that require results that others can use all after ONE WEEK??????????????? Seriously?

Okay Mr. Science, show us the data from which your FEARS are derived?
Show us the data that proves there is ZERO waste involved in science research funded by the government.
Show us the data that shows that ZERO scientific studies paid for by the government are not used to create policies that are not designed to damage the general population.
Hell, show us any data at all, anything other then someone else's interpretation of a tweet!

I know, that the billions needed for ZIKA ZIKA ZIKA, EBOLA, EBOLA, EBOLA, BIRD FLU, BIRD FLU... oh god I'll stop, were monies BORROWED and high interest rates and well spent because... oh I have no idea why that money was pissed away as the "tests" for all three of these examples were non existent.

So please, march, panic, panic and march, spread fear and panic about the loss of your job so we may all see the light, and agree to borrow more money, see inflation go up 10 percent a year so I may know what GMO's are safe, except when the are not, but sometimes, except they aren't, but a study says the are, but it isn't a real study except that it was.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Ooops, Donald gone done upset all the scientists, and who can blame them for being upset?

But as the scientists have admitted themselves, it's too late to reverse it, so what the hell?
edit on 26/1/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
North of a million free abortion marchers in DC?

Hahahaha

I thought scientists valued facts and evidence.
edit on 26-1-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The protest isn't about funding, it's about the gagging and censoring them.

And I applaud the resistance against it. Very happy that scientists will be marching and opening unoffocial accounts where they can't be ordered around what to make public and what not.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
You know you done messed up when you got armies of scientists marching against you. Christ Donald, what are you doing?!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: crankyoldman
So please, march, panic, panic and march, spread fear and panic about the loss of your job so we may all see the light, and agree to borrow more money, see inflation go up 10 percent a year so I may know what GMO's are safe, except when the are not, but sometimes, except they aren't, but a study says the are, but it isn't a real study except that it was.

Wasn't Trump's platform that he would bring more jobs to the United States? Do you really want a brain drain like what happened with Microsoft when everyone left for Google? Our best and brightest will leave because they have the freedom to do so, and what reason would they have to stick around if they can't do work in their field?

edit on 26-1-2017 by RightInThere because: bolding

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Is that pic real? F*ckin Christ he's president of the insect world, that caterpillar if it's real looks very presidential good lord have mercy on us.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Political ideology was promoted through the veneer of science.

"Science is settled."
"Science is absolute."

Science is the new religion that shall not be blasphemed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join