It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State Department’s entire senior management team just resigned

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Fair enough,

I don't however in current political climate, exclude any other reasons.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Regardless of whether they resigned or were fired, do you think maybe, this has something to do with it?
Bureaucrats Bring 500 Refugees Into Country One Day Before Trump’s Expected Ban
www.teaparty.org...
(Breitbart) – Bureaucrats at the State Department brought 500 refugees into the country on Tuesday, one day before President Trump “is expected to order a multi-month ban on allowing refugees into the United States except for religious minorities escaping persecution, until more aggressive vetting is in place,” according to Reuters.

State Department resettles 500 refugees in last 24 hours as Dems delay Rex Tillerson confirmation
twitter.com...
edit on 2017-01-26T16:45:33-06:0004pmThu, 26 Jan 2017 16:45:33 -0600ThursdayAmerica/Chicago3331 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

I also suspect the Dems. knew this was going to happen and was the very reason they delayed Tillerson's confirmation.
edit on 2017-01-26T16:52:05-06:0004pmThu, 26 Jan 2017 16:52:05 -0600ThursdayAmerica/Chicago0531 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

fair enough... I liked your reply

since the start of the thread.... newer info has come out ... (from zerohedge)

link: www.zerohedge.com...

the quotes to retain are:

..."Any implication that that these four people quit is wrong," one senior State Department official said.
"These people are loyal to the secretary, the President and to the State Department.
There is just not any attempt here to dis the President.
People are not quitting and running away in disgust.
This is the White House cleaning house."

the bold face is what the article published

One has to read the whole piece to be better informed... at least one State Department honcho was named... the other 'Anomyous' spokespersons are not identified, but sound as if they are ready to stay on (& move up in power ? )

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Just because someone resigns does not mean that they are not obligated to work till a replacement is in place. They could be held liable for breach of contract and that means everything they earned may need to be returned as per their contract they signed. It is also not limited to money they earned on the job.

Oh yeah, I forgot, we are dealing with the government. Scratch what I said.

Yeah, scratch what you said but not because it's the government. Senior management at State don't sign term contracts. The President can fire them at any time for any reason and they can quit at ay time for any reason. So now we have a Secretary of State with absolutely zero diplomatic experience leading an entity being managed by people with zero experience or institutional memory.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: St Udio

Yes I am in New Zealand and have been noticing more and more American accents these days.

according to the link in my post.... westerners are moving to NZ at a 18% increase --- all of a sudden

thanks for the 'Person-In-the-Street-Report' .... or PISR (it's a real pis--r, huh? )
)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: sirric

What this says to me is that the senior management were there for partisan reasons, rather than to serve ALL the citizens who pay their salaries. It's proof in fact.
I

What the hell do you think Trump's actions are if not partisan...or better still just a protect Trump act? and they will be replaced by whom?
Washington and surrounding areas also have a deal of people below the poverty line 17% + is one given, while the average age is quite young in Washington, and most surrounding areas at 33 years old.
Just because Trump doesn't want these old hands, is proof of nothing.
Let's remember Trump is no fan of laws and people of the law for instance, unless they work in his favour.

OK, of course his actions are partisan. He was elected and just like all other Presidents he is replacing people.

On DC, Look at the vote maps of that area and the surrounding area. What I meant should be obvious and I'm not certain you understood? That area is also full of government employees, Lobbyists and the like. Were that not true, government employees ranks would mirror the country. Why do you suppose it does not? Those who do the hiring choose who gets what jobs, and when one side is so completely over-represented, it smells. Too much of one ideology having too much control is dangerous.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: EartOccupant
This kind of news makes me wonder ... many options !

This is the official narrative... and who am i to rebut that.

But ...with a little knowledge of politics.. .. it could also be:

- They were given a choice, either resign gracefully else we will fire you .
- They were not there for the job, only because of agenda's and "friends"
- They have so much to hide and be ashamed of... and decided that running in a group might be safer
- They don't represent the country, only their own ideology. Willing to disrupt the country because they can not handle democracy.
- They got a pension from Sorros, he pays anyone who can disrupt the current office.

Time will tell.

Really? Cause I just picture it like the people who abandoned King Joffrey when they realized he was a lunatic.

I need help to stop me from being rude and laughing!
But that's a cracker.

It is so convoluted though, a Goldman Sachs man, a Goldman Sachs/Soros man, a waterboarder, and a racist amongst others all in Trump's admin, but nobody wants to talk about that, never mind the man himself, that would be far to insulting, instead everybody else is a bogeyman. I thought for a moment, King Ludwig II of Bavaria, the Swan king would be a good analogy for both examples, but even he doesn't fit the bill in the entirety for either.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

We do not need waterboarding. Just give me some powdered alcohol, a bag of pop rocks candy, a gerbil tube with 1 gerbil, and a cup of water.

I can make them sing.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Good maybe now they can get people who come up with better policies than the usual failed ones theyve been using .

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: stabstab
a reply to: smurfy

We do not need waterboarding. Just give me some powdered alcohol, a bag of pop rocks candy, a gerbil tube with 1 gerbil, and a cup of water.

I can make them sing.

WTF are you telling me that for, tell Donald, he seems to like it!

and Gerbils? they like singing.

edit on 26-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Not all of them. Pretty sure the 7th floor is secure.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Well maybe trump shouldn't have provided such idiotic choices for appointees. I mean come on, Carson as head of housing? No qualifications. Tillerson as Sec of State. Please. Anenergy exec? That's a joke to most well informed people across the world.

I don't think you understand what exactly leadership is and what a Cabinet Secretary actually does.

Tillerson is the PERFECT choice for SOS....perfect. What is a joke is how long the idiot dem politicians are taking to approve Trump's A-list for the Perfect Team. Politicians only have experience in politicking. That's all they know how to do. Jeez!

Please, please describe the job of SOS and what knowledge they need to have.

Also, please describe your qualifications on international affairs... These are very complex global topics. Being an energy exec doesn't qualify you for them. Also, it appears that you are ignorant of the nature of the petro dollar and global geo-politics. By putting an energy exec in charge of the State Department, it is a bad omen of US intentions. Other countries will see it as so too.

Before you say it's a change, that IS business is as usual. A bunch of geo-political, corporate oligarchs running the military industrial complex.

What you don't do is "drain the swamp" of pure politicians, then fill the positions with ignorant corporate cronies.. That, is what Trump has done.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

But this what the Trump team is saying... Tillerson is uniquely qualified because he does understand foreign relations exactly because he deals with foreign nations as an exec. Compared to the "intentions" of the State Department for the last 8 years, I don't see how he could do any worse. As far as other countries seeing this is a bad light, that is conjecture. Many foreign leaders, as well as allies, have publicly stated their support for Donald Trump and some of his policies. Some will like him and his decisions, some will not. That is the state of every president. All that we can do is hold Tillerson's feet to the fire if he is confirmed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join