It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State Department’s entire senior management team just resigned

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s job running the State Department just got considerably more difficult. The entire senior level of management officials resigned Wednesday, part of an ongoing mass exodus of senior foreign service officers who don’t want to stick around for the Trump era.
Tillerson was actually inside the State Department’s headquarters in Foggy Bottom on Wednesday, taking meetings and getting the lay of the land. I reported Wednesday morning that the Trump team was narrowing its search for his No. 2, and that it was looking to replace the State Department’s long-serving undersecretary for management, Patrick Kennedy. Kennedy, who has been in that job for nine years, was actively involved in the transition and was angling to keep that job under Tillerson, three State Department officials told me.
Then suddenly on Wednesday afternoon, Kennedy and three of his top officials resigned unexpectedly, four State Department officials confirmed. Assistant Secretary of State for Administration Joyce Anne Barr, Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs Michele Bond and Ambassador Gentry O. Smith, director of the Office of Foreign Missions, followed him out the door. All are career foreign service officers who have served under both Republican and Democratic administrations.

This is really not good for the immediate transition of power to Trump's pick Rex. There is talk that this is normal, but really it isn't. Yes all "PAS" positions give in the resignation letters, but then the incoming POTUS will allow some to stay on. This is a complete wipe of top Civil Service knowledge at the State Department. Only time will tell if it gets better with the new staff. Granted, I believed it couldn't get much worse after Hillary took over.

All senior State Dept Execs resign or retire.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sirric

Kennedy & the rest of the former administrations' Senior Level Management most likely have also bought some residential property in New Zealand where a bunch of 'western' top 5%'ers are fleeing to.... the elites think NZ is their Utopia

wait till the locals get fed up with them lib/leftist/progressives taking over their homeland

? wonder if that state department clique also had Muslim Prayer time set up 5 x per day just as the WH had done....

re: therepublicannews.net...

title: Trump Orders Removal Of Islamic Symbols, Practices In The White House

it seems likely the enmass resignations came soon after Trump ceased the mandatory Muslim prayer rituals 5x per day/7 days per week for a mere 25 combined minutes a day.... CYA is the operating theme for the voluntary job quitting, seems to me
edit on th31148545606226412017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Will this aid in the draining of the swamp making room for more pals of the Trump Revolution or does it signal more push back by competent people refusing to be part of the new charade.

+33 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is great news! The new administration will not have to deal with obstinate senior officials using passive resistance to block every policy and initiative proposed by the administration. By far the biggest problem for any administration is to deal with the dead wood of the entrenched bureaucracy that stays around in the civil service no matter who is elected. THEY are the biggest obstacle to change and it is their inertia that prevents true change from taking place. These guys do things their way because that's the way it has always been done for the last 50 years. To get rid of them all in one fell swoop is a Godsend.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Just because someone resigns does not mean that they are not obligated to work till a replacement is in place. They could be held liable for breach of contract and that means everything they earned may need to be returned as per their contract they signed. It is also not limited to money they earned on the job.

Oh yeah, I forgot, we are dealing with the government. Scratch what I said.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think had a comment

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

Kennedy & the rest of the former administrations' Senior Level Management most likely have also bought some residential property in New Zealand where a bunch of 'western' top 5%'ers are fleeing to.... the elites think NZ is their Utopia

wait till the locals get fed up with them lib/leftist/progressives taking over their homeland

? wonder if that state department clique also had Muslim Prayer time set up 5 x per day just as the WH had done....

I doubt that as these people have served under both D and R administrations that they are 'lib/leftist/progressives that you suggest they are. But I do suppose that believing that makes it so much easier to make sense of the world .

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I guess some people do have their limits as to how low they should go after all. Good on them.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Very funny but super messed up.
a reply to: jellyrev

link   
Good, depending on how long they had been there do we really want anyone that approved and went along with Hillary when she was SOS? And I actually don't have the best opinion of John Kerry, although he isn't Hillary....just an idiot.

Now he can go get people that are qualified and know what work is

link   
This kind of news makes me wonder ... many options !

This is the official narrative... and who am i to rebut that.

But ...with a little knowledge of politics.. .. it could also be:

- They were given a choice, either resign gracefully else we will fire you .
- They were not there for the job, only because of agenda's and "friends"
- They have so much to hide and be ashamed of... and decided that running in a group might be safer
- They don't represent the country, only their own ideology. Willing to disrupt the country because they can not handle democracy.
- They got a pension from Sorros, he pays anyone who can disrupt the current office.

Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

Odd, they want to make it so there are no Christian symbols or words on our money and have seperation of church and state yet it does not apply to Muslims in the white house. I can see letting them go to a room in the back, but they must deduct the time from their hours or salary. They should not be letting people go to church on the clock. Maybe during their coffee break, fifteen minutes, they can go..... or during their lunch break. a half hour like most workers get for lunch. But five a day, I wish I got breaks like that. Sure I would go to those pray times if it meant I could get out of work.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Looks like "Self-Draining-Syndrome"

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I would have elected Trump long ago if I knew government workers would go willingly. Cutting government without even trying.
Already has shrank government more than conventional libertarians ever have.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirric

Then suddenly on Wednesday afternoon, Kennedy and three of his top officials resigned unexpectedly, four State Department officials confirmed. Assistant Secretary of State for Administration Joyce Anne Barr, Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs Michele Bond and Ambassador Gentry O. Smith, director of the Office of Foreign Missions, followed him out the door. All are career foreign service officers who have served under both Republican and Democratic administrations.

If I had been eyeballs-deep in Obama's crooked administration and realized that the new boss wasn't interested in screwing around, I'd probably get the hell out of Dodge as well. Better to jump than be pushed.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I doubt that as these people have served under both D and R administrations that they are 'lib/leftist/progressives that you suggest they are. But I do suppose that believing that makes it so much easier to make sense of the world .

no... the senior level men & women were not just run-of-the-mill liberal/lefties-progressives...

they were+are top % of leadership-&-well heeled at that....

the linked article is the one saying the flood of outsiders that are buying- up NZ are not wealthy investors they are instead well heeled survivalists... (just like retired Federal Management level Officials who want to bump elbows with the Globalist Elites & escape the planned Chaos/civil hostility for the unprotected & poorer USA residents)

perhaps I am laying a heavy coat of being guilty on the group.... but since there are few purely coincidental events... it follows the state department mass exodus has a root cause... and these independent thinkers probably conspired & small talked around he water cooler to pull off the STUNT against Trump...ergo Obama loyalists !
edit on th31148545745726042017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
A good sign. I'll bet those entrenched senior staffers were Bush/Clinton cronies.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Btw. This is the kennedy that tried to bribe fbi agents to keep killary from an espionage act charge

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Out with the old...in with the new!

Drain the swamp.

Funny how media reports that they "resigned"...I am sorry but this PC bull* is getting to me.

They didn't resign...they were FIIIIIIRED

edit on 26-1-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join