It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican President postures, cancels Tuesday meeting with Trump

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

But the jobs that Illegals are occupying in the USA are jobs US Citizens refuse to do.

Not true.

IMO The problem is not that American refuse to do them. Its that they CAN'T do them and survive or provide for their family.

An illegal Mexican comes over here with no papers gets paid below minimum wage,cash, no benefits , slave labor and is happy as a little kid.

Here is why:
That mexican does not have his family here nor does he have plans to retire here in the US. He is living with 15 other mexicans in a shed in an agriculture compound. Every little dollar he earns he is saving to send back home .

Once he saves enough money he is out of the country and then living like a King in his Mexican Village.

Not even an illegal Mexican can survive long or provide for their family if they are living here and planning to live here. If they are all living here together then they are all working with the same goal : Save and move back to Mexico.

So unless Americans are willing to send their family to Mexico now and or later retire in Mexico in a little village , they won't be able to survive either with those jobs.

Its the cost of living in America that is preventing Americans from taking those jobs. Its makes no sense for anyone to become a slave labor with no rights and kill yourself to still be homeless and not provide for your family.

Its not as easy as saying that they are lazy, its that an American family can't survive on slave illegal wages and still live in America.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I will watch it, but later. And I will be happy to report back on what I thought of it.

I want to watch it because I want to see if their interpretation of what happened is similar to mine. I live here, and remember that law.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Some true..Some not..

The bulk of DACA immigrants that Pres. Obama granted temporary amnesty to are second generation, attending college, employed in the service sector etc. Sprouted from parents and grand-parents that worked themselves to death in the fields.

Again. The cost of employing Americans is not attainable. The market would not bear it. And even if we were to quadruple the price of produce to pay American workers to harvest it...we still want our kids to have better jobs.

I recommend you watch the Vice video I linked to on the last page.

We have tried repeatedly in many states and failed..

edit on 26-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I will watch it, but later. And I will be happy to report back on what I thought of it.

I want to watch it because I want to see if their interpretation of what happened is similar to mine. I live here, and remember that law.

TheRedneck

Thanks. That is grace. I don't mind disagreement. All I ask for is a fair exchange of ideas. I appreciate your willingness to listen and contribute to my own thinking.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Some true..Some not..

The bulk of DACA immigrants that Pres. Obama granted temporary amnesty to are second generation, attending college, employed in the service sector etc. Sprouted from parents and grand-parents that worked themselves to death in the fields.

Again. The cost of employing Americans is not attainable. The market would not bear it. And even if we were to quadruple the price of produce to pay American workers to harvest it...we still want our kids to have better jobs.

Is your argument really that USA businesses can not afford to pay minimum wage in order for the price of tomatoes (or other produce) to be affordable for the American people, and as such needs to employee illegal aliens as cheap labour?

IF that is true then your country is in serious trouble.

How do you think wage growth in the US affects the equation?
edit on 26/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

It's not an American specific issue. Many countries, for whatever reason, struggle to find enough employees, even at above minimum wage.

There is a surprisingly large number of people that would rather not work at all, than work a hard labour job.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No proof there.

Show us the real reports.

Thanks in advance of a fake news deluge.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

It's not an American specific issue. Many countries, for whatever reason, struggle to find enough employees, even at above minimum wage.

There is a surprisingly large number of people that would rather not work at all, than work a hard labour job.

I agree with this, but the issue is not about foreign labour, it's about illegal foreign labour.
Just bring in the required resource from Mexico, in the case of the USA, but legally.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Some true..Some not..

Is your argument really that USA businesses can not afford to pay minimum wage in order for the price of tomatoes (or other produce) to be affordable for the American people, and as such needs to employee illegal aliens as cheap labour?

Minimum wage does not attract minimum American workers to harvest the minimum amount for any size American farm to survive.

That said...I don't give a rat's ass what some guy in the UK has to say about my country being in "serious trouble"..

Maybe the UK should concern itself with kissing the current idiots ass that leads the free world...Cuz idiot or not the UKs fate is wed to our graces and support....More so since they elected their own "brexit" idiot.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Its not that they can't afford too, but why would they pay somebody a minimum wage ,benefits,workers comp and rights when they don't have too.

The agriculture , hospitality , and Construction industry are some of the most powerful lobbyist that directly benefit from the cheap illegal work force. That is why politicians always BS about how to solve the illegal immigration problem, its because they don't really want to fix it. Their buddies (lobbyist) are paying them to not to fix it and look the other way. That is why we end up with solutions that will put money in peoples pockets, but not stop the illegal workers from coming.

Prosecute American companies that hire illegals and the majority of illegals won't come because they will not have an incentive to come. However, they never put the American companies in the spotlight when it comes to illegals.

Agreed , our politicians don't even draft the laws the lobbyist dream team of lawyers draft the laws for them . they just simply robosign them and collect the campaign donations checks.

They have sold our country with short sided visions set by the big corporations in America who don't even identify as American companies any longer but rather Global corporations.

To be fair its not that corporations are evil its that they have unrealistic goals that require them to infinitely grow both profits and as a company for eternity by their stock holders. If they don't they die . So we are left with companies under immense pressure with lots of money that can LEGALLY change the laws without seeing or caring about the future impact.

edit on 03131America/ChicagoThu, 26 Jan 2017 19:03:27 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Some true..Some not..

Minimum wage does not attract minimum workers to harvest the minimum amount for any size farm to survive.

That said...I don't give a rat's ass what some guy in the UK has to say about my country being in "serious trouble"..

Maybe the UK should concern itself with kissing the current idiots ass that leads the free world...Cuz idiot or not the UKs fate is wed to our graces.

Oh dear. What's upsetting you?

Anyhow, back to the main question. Why does a wall stop a business hiring Mexicans? That can be done legally. When any country has a labour shortage it looks to fill it from outside its borders.

Why are illegals needed? Do you support paying less than minimum wage and do you really think that the US market can not sustain paying minimum wage?

Like I said, your country would be in serious trouble if the only way of getting food to market was to break the minimum wage and import an illegal work force.

I am sure that is not the case though and you just have it wrong.

edit on 26/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I agree with this, but the issue is not about foreign labour, it's about illegal foreign labour.
Just bring in the required resource from Mexico, in the case of the USA, but legally.

Suffice to say, powerful parties enjoy the arrangement as is.

There is a reason that this well known, well documented, and relatively easy to fix issue has persisted for so long.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Its not that they can't afford too, but why would you pay somebody a minimum wage ,benefits,workers comp and rights when you don't have too.

The agriculture , hospitality , and Construction industry are some of the most powerful lobbyist that directly benefit from the cheap illegal work force.

Alas..

Last year:
Report: Trump Actively Sought Out Illegal Immigrants to Work on Trump Tower
www.mediaite.com...

Present:
Donald Trump attacked for bringing in hundreds of foreign workers on H-2B visas at Mar-A-Lago
www.politifact.com...

Trump will hire foreign workers to staff Mar-a-Lago this winter
thehill.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Why does a wall stop a business hiring Mexicans? That can be done legally.

It can't be done legally at that price.

Why are illegals needed? Do you support paying less than minimum wage and do you really think that the US market can not sustain paying minimum wage?

Pointing out how things are does not mean one supports them.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Its not that they can't afford too, but why would you pay somebody a minimum wage ,benefits,workers comp and rights when you don't have too.

The agriculture , hospitality , and Construction industry are some of the most powerful lobbyist that directly benefit from the cheap illegal work force.

Alas..

Last year:
Report: Trump Actively Sought Out Illegal Immigrants to Work on Trump Tower
www.mediaite.com...

Present:
Donald Trump attacked for bringing in hundreds of foreign workers on H-2B visas at Mar-A-Lago
www.politifact.com...

Trump will hire foreign workers to staff Mar-a-Lago this winter
thehill.com...

So is the argument now that the market can sustain a higher wage after all and it's just greedy business people that are the problem?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Why does a wall stop a business hiring Mexicans? That can be done legally.

It can't be done legally at that price.

Pointing out how things are does not mean one supports them.

Indeed, so do it legally.
Simple.

As far as 'how' things are the argument seems to have shifted from market dynamics to greedy businessmen looking for maximum profit. Two very different problems.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You're welcome, and thank you for reciprocating.

I'm a country boy from Alabama. I have no aversion to mud, and down here we have this sticky, nasty stuff called "Alabama clay." But I would rather have a civil exchange of ideas if I can.

I'm working up a grant application while I post today, but as soon as that last neuron goes home, I'll make a little time. Last time I checked, it was already curled up in a fetal position mumbling something about pi squared... should be soon.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
He's actually pretending like he's not going to pay for the wall. He knows, we all know that Mexico is going to pay for the wall.

The problem is that "going to pay" is just a euphemism, and the financial burden will fall on the U.S. consumer.

If Bobby pulls little Suzie's hair, and little Timmy sees it stating, "You're going to pay for that!". Timmy isn't talking about cash.

If Trump places a tariff on Mexican goods, then Best Buy will have to pay more to import refrigerators. If Best Buy is paying more, then that burden directly translates to higher prices for Americans.

Any way you slice it, the financial burden, of the wall, is going to fall on American taxpayers and consumers.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Last year: Report: Trump Actively Sought Out Illegal Immigrants to Work on Trump Tower

He has too , or he wouldn't survive as a business. Its an undocumented and unspoken business practice. All his competitor are likely doing it as well . If he didn't he would be giving his company a handy cap.

Everybody is looking the other way . the business,the politicians, MSM, the illegals, the law, and even the American customers .
edit on 08131America/ChicagoThu, 26 Jan 2017 19:08:27 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Some true..Some not.. The bulk of DACA immigrants that Pres. Obama granted temporary amnesty to are second generation, attending college, employed in the service sector etc.

I didn't say anything about Obama or amnesty. This is a non partisan issue and both the GOP and the DNC selected politicians have dirty hands.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join