It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican President postures, cancels Tuesday meeting with Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

mexico and the world are not just going to sit there and let trump bully them. sure mexico has many problems but good for them for having some dignity in this matter. mexico and the world DO NOT have to respect this man, he is digging himself a hole and all of us are going to go down with him if he keeps it up.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

not really sure just who is corrupt here...
let's see, trump, the twitter god treats that if mexico doesn't want to accept that they will be paying billions on a wall they we want then there is no need to meet..
or mexico that just shrugs their shoulders and says, okay, then cancel the meeting!

seems to me mexico isn't being corrupt here.. they aren't trying to coerce billions out of us... we ware trying to coerce billions from them...
so, do you think that ending the trade relationship is gonna cost mexico billions in the near future, or do you think they will just seek out and find other trade partners to deal with..
heck they could get mean and start taxing the heck out of those companies that have moved there recently to the point where they are packing up and coming home, and then just to hit harder, just lay claim to the real estate they leave behind!!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

mexico and the world are not just going to sit there and let trump bully them. sure mexico has many problems but good for them for having some dignity in this matter. mexico and the world DO NOT have to respect this man, he is digging himself a hole and all of us are going to go down with him if he keeps it up.

Mexico have every right to not meet with Trump.
Their stance is not really going to help their citizens though and that is what should be on Nieto's mind, not his ego or his popularity numbers.

edit on 26/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I doubt that it will happen.

I see Americans buying into the "Hope and Change 2.0" dog and pony show. What's the difference between an obamaphone and a trumpwall? The wall is communal. You dirty pinkos! Just kidding but it is true. The populace is waiting for government to take care of them.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
They still wanna buy twitter?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I think we should send troops down there. We should arm the decent common folk. Help them wipe out the cartels and put their criminally collusive government in check.

It would make Mexico great again. We could help the good ones get control of their nation and destiny back.

It would be great.

We could build it together!

It would be cheaper and more effective. One man with a 1000$ .308 bolt action rifle every 1/4 mile is way cheaper than 100$ per foot of fence that deters nothing.

Well at least you guys are being honest about wanting more war instead of deescalating wars.

War- no. I've had enough of that. Shooting human traffickers and cartel members is not war, it's loss prevention.

And if you think that sending soldiers into Mexico without the country's permission won't start a war then you are truly VERY VERY naive.

I didn't say anything about going on their land. But we have land on our side we could easily watch.

So you are suggesting we just snipe all the cartels from various guard points along the wall then?

link   

would he be feeding his ego or trumps? it is in mexico's best interests to stand up to trump on this matter. it is in the united states best interests to have an economically stable globe and next door neighbor. trump is just trying to be a tough guy bully and it is not going to work. the country and world are turning against him and it's only been what 7 days? torture, kicking out refugees, getting rid of obama care with no back up plan, threatening cities in his own country...the list goes on and on....

link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The atrocities that happen there already should warrant action.

I know that you want peaceful resolution.

We all would love for peaceful resolution to be a reality.

Unfortunately, the reality is that aweful people, right next door, restrain and cut people's faces off, while they are alive and consious, to intimidate decent people to comply.

Do you think diplomacy can combat that type of behavior in time to make a real difference?

Depends on who the diplomacy is with. If you said the Mexican government then I'd say maybe. If you said the cartels then I'd agree with you.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

give me one good justification that would make mexico legally responsible to pay out billions to us for a wall that we want???
and china and russia wouldn't be declaring war on us by making a deal with mexico to let them have a base in the country... not any more than us surrounding russia with bases!

the arrogance that trump is showing, and that some of yous are showing in this thread will be the downfall of our country!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

give me one good justification that would make mexico legally responsible to pay out billions to us for a wall that we want???
and china and russia wouldn't be declaring war on us by making a deal with mexico to let them have a base in the country... not any more than us surrounding russia with bases!

the arrogance that trump is showing, and that some of yous are showing in this thread will be the downfall of our country!!!

Seriously, neither China or Russia are going to build bases in Mexico. Stop worrying about that.
As for the wall payment, I don't think Mexico should pay for it even though I think they will eventually. Their job should be to assist the US by not helping people cross the border illegally.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

would he be feeding his ego or trumps? it is in mexico's best interests to stand up to trump on this matter. it is in the united states best interests to have an economically stable globe and next door neighbor. trump is just trying to be a tough guy bully and it is not going to work. the country and world are turning against him and it's only been what 7 days? torture, kicking out refugees, getting rid of obama care with no back up plan, threatening cities in his own country...the list goes on and on....

It's really not in Mexico's best interests to publicly stop dialogue in the way they have done. Trump's ego is already well known. Starting a negotiation against someone with a big ego, by publicly hurling an insult at them is a bit dumb.
Why do you think Putin is being so nice to Trump? He's smart. Nieto is a fool.
I can;t see any win here for the people of Mexico.
edit on 26/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Mexican government just exposed their corruption.

They stand to lose all the drug "remittances" very soon.

Looks like their NAFTA advantages will go bye-bye too.

I do feel sorry for the normal honest Citizens there.

It would not surprise me in the least if the drug cartels actually ran the the Mexican Govt.
There may actually need to be some form of intervention to restore order there.

They have big influence on the Mexico government.

That will all come out very soon.

The drug cartels are into the oil business too.

That will be exposed soon as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

and just how is getting suckered into shelling out billions for a wall that we want helping his people??

since when is the country who you are protecting your borders from obligated to pay for your security measures?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I saw some really powerful Mexican cannons in a Poncho-Cisco movie last year. The U.S. had better be careful.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

putin is an oligarch that uses his position in power (dictator) to loot his country of billions, arrests and assassinates anyone who challenges him. trump admires him and will probably have a statue erected for him in D.C. soon.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

putin is an oligarch that uses his position in power (dictator) to loot his country of billions, arrests and assassinates anyone who challenges him. trump admires him and will probably have a statue erected for him in D.C. soon.

That was not the point.
Putin is going to manage Trump and get what he wants (I think, we'll see). He is smart enough to know not to start a fight with him over something as silly as a wall.
Nieto has just narrowed his own options.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

and just how is getting suckered into shelling out billions for a wall that we want helping his people??

since when is the country who you are protecting your borders from obligated to pay for your security measures?

They are not obligated to helping US border security, but they should not be hindering it.
Trump can extract billions from Mexico whether they like it or not.
Nieto should have tried to get something in return. Now what is he going to do?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
They are not obligated to helping US border security, but they should not be hindering it.

How are they hindering the building of the wall?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Actually. I thought Trump would win and the media was out of sync with the American people. Hillary was an awful candidate. Don't get me wrong he is a business leader and will get things done but the geopolitical arena can be trickier.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

look for a better trade partner.....
I haven't been to a border crossing since I was a kid and we were going into canada...
but seems to me it was rather easy to leave the us, not even sure anyone even talked to us... it was the canadian side that sent us back home when I didn't have the birth certificate they wanted...
maybe I am wrong if so I am sure someone will let me know. but our border patrol officials at the border are there because they are concerned with who is entering our country, not leaving it. same with mexico.. they are more concerned about who is entering, not leaving!
maybe a mess of us americans should start having mob crossing over into mexico and then just disappearing for a few months at a time... maybe that might convince them to want the wall as much as we do? but then, no one in their right mind would want to cross into mexico illegally because they just don't treat illegal immigrants as nicely as we do...

edit on 26-1-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join