It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican President postures, cancels Tuesday meeting with Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
heck, wouldn't surprise me if china or russia has already stepped in with an offer to mexico, ya know, let us put a base here and we will buy all your oil and along with importing a bunch of stuff from you...
....and you can ditch that worthless dollar!!!
didn't they offer a similar proposal with greece?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Nothing wrong with saying that meeting would be a waste of time and cancelling it.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
heck, wouldn't surprise me if china or russia has already stepped in with an offer to mexico, ya know, let us put a base here and we will buy all your oil and along with importing a bunch of stuff from you...
....and you can ditch that worthless dollar!!!
didn't they offer a similar proposal with greece?

Lol, you think China or Russia is going to line up arms on the US's doorstep?
Remember the Cuban missile crisis?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Arms were not even mentioned in that post.

I'm sure they would be willing to take oil off their hands and seafood seems to be pretty big in their trade with China.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Good. Hope he sticks with it.

Hope more stand up to Trump and refuse to play his game.

Which country are you a citizen of? Why do you applaud a country that wants to screw you over?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Arms were not even mentioned in that post.

I'm sure they would be willing to take oil off their hands and seafood seems to be pretty big in their trade with China.

What's a 'base' then? An oil base?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Annee
Good. Hope he sticks with it.

Hope more stand up to Trump and refuse to play his game.

Which country are you a citizen of? Why do you applaud a country that wants to screw you over?

Liberals. They burn American flags and wave Mexican ones.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The Mexican government just exposed their corruption.

They stand to lose all the drug "remittances" very soon.

Looks like their NAFTA advantages will go bye-bye too.

I do feel sorry for the normal honest Citizens there.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

My bad. Glossed over the base thing. Guess because I didn't see why anything like that would be needed to strike a trade on stuff.
edit on 26-1-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Trump is the classical bully type. I have worked my career with his type. First, he will pick on someone he can easily beat - Mexico. Then he will be attracted with the other bullies of the world - Putin. Finally he'll get punched in the nose by someone no one expected. But for the time being he'll be taking Mexico's lunch money to build the wall. But when he gets punched in the nose, we will all suffer.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Mexican government just exposed their corruption.

They stand to lose all the drug "remittances" very soon.

Looks like their NAFTA advantages will go bye-bye too.

I do feel sorry for the normal honest Citizens there.

It would not surprise me in the least if the drug cartels actually ran the the Mexican Govt.
There may actually need to be some form of intervention to restore order there.
edit on 26/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

why not, we are doing that to them?? and to be frank, they haven't been bogged down with war for the last few decades.. heck, if you believe what it written by some, they could even shelter a good portion of their population from the nukes...
not us...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
He's actually pretending like he's not going to pay for the wall. He knows, we all know that Mexico is going to pay for the wall.

He's up for reelection and has to look tough, he probably also has intense pressure on him from the cartels to not allow the wall.

Trump is an idiot....

And the cartels don't care at all about a wall...

They have UAV's can carry 300 pnds.

They can build a very nice air conditioned tunnel for a Million Dollars and pay for it with one shipment.

There is also that scientific nonsense called the Ocean..

Tump is an idiot...and he lied about Mexico paying for it...The American Taxpayer is paying for his campaign stunt.

AND BTW - While trump talks about a -60B trade deficit..We have a unique "Production Sharing" trade agreement with Mexico that puts the USA in the PLUS by 40 cents on the dollar in trade..

No, Mr. Trump, Mexico is not 'killing us on trade'
thehill.com...
edit on 26-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Liberals. They burn American flags and wave Mexican ones.

In 1979 Iranian feminists protested against wearing hajibs, in 2017 3rd wave feminists protest to wear hajibs.

link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

why not, we are doing that to them?? and to be frank, they haven't been bogged down with war for the last few decades.. heck, if you believe what it written by some, they could even shelter a good portion of their population from the nukes...
not us...

I think you are letting your imagination run away with you. China or Russia are not going to declare war (because that is what it would be) on the USA because Mexico is butt hurt over a wall.

link   

It would not surprise me in the least if the drug cartels actually ran the the Mexican Govt.

To be fair, the US seems to have its own shadow government.

Exactly what rumored shadow government might offer as a solution.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ash614
a reply to: xstealth

Trump is the classical bully type. I have worked my career with his type. First, he will pick on someone he can easily beat - Mexico. Then he will be attracted with the other bullies of the world - Putin. Finally he'll get punched in the nose by someone no one expected. But for the time being he'll be taking Mexico's lunch money to build the wall. But when he gets punched in the nose, we will all suffer.

Out of curiosity, how accurate have your predictions been about Trump thus far? Im guessing they were in line with media predictions.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

He's actually pretending like he's not going to pay for the wall. He knows, we all know that Mexico is going to pay for the wall.

He's up for reelection and has to look tough, he probably also has intense pressure on him from the cartels to not allow the wall.

Trump is an idiot....

They can build a very nice air conditioned tunnel for a Million Dollars and pay for it with one shipment.

Tump is an idiot...and he lied about Mexico paying for it...The American Taxpayer is paying for his campaign stunt.

Another quality contribution. Twump is an idiot, Twump is an idiot... waaaaaaaaaah.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

To be fair, the US seems to have its own shadow government.

Exactly what rumored shadow government might offer as a solution.

Dangerous times for sure.
There was only so long that people were going to sit back and get screwed over by the shrinking few. Dismantling the levels of corruption in the world is not going to be easy - or pretty.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Trump is an idiot....

Twump is an idiot, Twump is an idiot... waaaaaaaaaah.

Except for your penchant to cry like a baby, I think we are on the same page here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join