It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican President postures, cancels Tuesday meeting with Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I think we should send troops down there. We should arm the decent common folk. Help them wipe out the cartels and put their criminally collusive government in check.

It would make Mexico great again. We could help the good ones get control of their nation and destiny back.

It would be great.

We could build it together!

It would be cheaper and more effective. One man with a 1000$ .308 bolt action rifle every 1/4 mile is way cheaper than 100$ per foot of fence that deters nothing.

Well at least you guys are being honest about wanting more war instead of deescalating wars.

War- no. I've had enough of that. Shooting human traffickers and cartel members is not war, it's loss prevention.

And if you think that sending soldiers into Mexico without the country's permission won't start a war then you are truly VERY VERY naive.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Seriously. Why can we not slow everything down? Why can we not question them to see why they want to come here?

What are the current procedures for processing these people?

If they are the ones escaping some kind of hell, why can't we help them in a way that is mutually beneficial?

If your neighbor has a pest problem, it inevitably becomes your problem.

Hehee... Tried to reply to the thread.

edit on 26-1-2017 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am sure Mexico could use some regime change err 'Democracy'...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Such a shame.

Mexico has so much to offer the US.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Now I am all for working cooperatively with Mexico and Central American countries to come to a peaceful resolution as well as help build those countries up so that the populace doesn't feel like they need to escape, but force of arms is just going to be a HUGE mess that will just make everything much much worse.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I think we should send troops down there. We should arm the decent common folk. Help them wipe out the cartels and put their criminally collusive government in check.

It would make Mexico great again. We could help the good ones get control of their nation and destiny back.

It would be great.

We could build it together!

It would be cheaper and more effective. One man with a 1000$ .308 bolt action rifle every 1/4 mile is way cheaper than 100$ per foot of fence that deters nothing.

Well at least you guys are being honest about wanting more war instead of deescalating wars.

War- no. I've had enough of that. Shooting human traffickers and cartel members is not war, it's loss prevention.

And if you think that sending soldiers into Mexico without the country's permission won't start a war then you are truly VERY VERY naive.

I didn't say anything about going on their land. But we have land on our side we could easily watch.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think the OP has it all wrong, Trump is the one posturing. Trump thinks he can bully the world, all that is going to do is create even more national and global division than any president in history.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
couldnt trump just sick a high tariff on mexico goods?

trump could turn their economy inside out

and his ego is big enough that he would until he got his way
edit on 26-1-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
I really don't understand the point of the wall. Last I heard most of the drugs were coming in through tunnels, airplane, or boat. The wall is already more of a hassle to be avoided then an obstacle to overcome by cartels. I can understand beefing up security at the border, but a giant wall will do nothing but waste money and create an eyesore.

The wall is mostly to stop illegal immigrants. Sure the wall wont stop them all where there is a will there is a way. But as it stands right now in most paces in AZ you can literally just walk across the border. Down in hunting unit 36b near the town or Arivaca there is no wall at all. I have hunted this unit for years and have literally witnessed hundreds of illegals in groups crossing completely unrestricted. Sure BP is hunting them but when you have 50 groups of 10 to 25 at a time you cant catch them all.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
For all the talk of Trump's thin skin, it does seem pretty weak for the President of Mexico to cancel a meeting because he's upset about Trump saying Mexico will pay for a wall.

You would think world leaders would be a little more robust than that, especially in this instance when Trump had already taken the time to visit Nieto whilst campaigning.

I can't imagine Trump is going to refuse meetings with other world leaders because he has disagreements with them.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The atrocities that happen there already should warrant action.

I know that you want peaceful resolution.

We all would love for peaceful resolution to be a reality.

Unfortunately, the reality is that aweful people, right next door, restrain and cut people's faces off, while they are alive and consious, to intimidate decent people to comply.

Do you think diplomacy can combat that type of behavior in time to make a real difference?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Good. Hope he sticks with it.

Hope more stand up to Trump and refuse to play his game.

You know you're voting for a foreign country to win over America.

Really a good way to prove your loyalties, no wonder the Democrats are losing people daily.

Trump's approval rating is at 59% now, so many of your fellow Dems aren't standing for your anti-American rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Slanter
I really don't understand the point of the wall. Last I heard most of the drugs were coming in through tunnels, airplane, or boat. The wall is already more of a hassle to be avoided then an obstacle to overcome by cartels. I can understand beefing up security at the border, but a giant wall will do nothing but waste money and create an eyesore.

Shhh! People don't want to hear that. Or the fact that there's already a 700 mile long wall on the border. Or that less than 1/3 of the land the proposed wall will be built on is federal land, and the rest will have to be confiscated from private citizens and Indian tribes.

But never mind that, because we're making something something great again.

The is not a 700 mile long wall on the border, there is a big difference between a fence and a wall.

And the drugs are coming over on trucks, they just drive to the Rio Grand and bring it across the river to another truck.

If you think a huge wall with tunnel detecting technology won't stop drugs you're either ignorant or straight lying to people.

link   
I wonder if Canada asked the US to pay to build a wall for them what the views would be... Hmmm

link   

originally posted by: xstealth

Really a good way to prove your loyalties, no wonder the Democrats are losing people daily.

Trump's approval rating is at 59% now, so many of your fellow Dems aren't standing for your anti-American rhetoric.

I am not an isolationist.

I do not consider myself a more valuable human being because of where my foot touched the earth when I was born.

Survival of the fittest is an animal trait.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: xstealth

The CIA have been importing drugs for years, the wall won't change a thing as they use airplanes but if it makes you guys feel better...?

Never fly on a connecting flight from the middle east. They've gone sideways in the past., like pan am 103. I imagine the CIA is better at moving drugs for funding their black budget projects, still wouldn't trust them to not seed passenger airliners.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
I wonder if Canada asked the US to pay to build a wall for them what the views would be... Hmmm

I doubt Trump would refuse a meeting to discuss joint actions.
edit on 26/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I do not consider myself a more valuable human being because of where my foot touched the earth when I was born.

It has nothing to do with isolationist. You have no national pride, no patriotism, you're a worthless American.

But that's your right as an American.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
You can't blame the guy.

His approval ratings tanked when he invited Trump over. He can't risk his political and presidential career.

But it's frustrating. He could have gone to the US and reached a compromise with Trump. Maybe Mexico would change it's policy on the border and there would be no need for a wall (I still wonder if Trump literally means wall).
What makes it worse is how ignorant Mexico is at the fact that they are doing nothing to enforce their own borders. It's as if they don't care about who crosses over onto the US and don't want common interests with the US in terms of Trade and such. I'm all for immigration. But I am against the idea of not having border security and just letting bad people cross over to a country that would be really helpful in trade and other relations.

I think it is a law in Mexico that is preventing the country from doing properly enforcing border security, but they should at least help out. If they don't, then perhaps it shows that they don't care about us at all. Therefore we should stop caring about them. But at the same time we can't do that (imagine Russia exploiting that and becoming allies with Mexico lol. "The Mexican Missile Crisis").

It's a tough situation. But Mexico needs to either enforce it's own borders, help us enforce it instead, or have consequences. But we need to be smart about our actions and words too.

Mexico has incredible border security and a wall. If you are trying to illegally invade mexico then they will stop you. But if you tell them you want to go to USA then they will literally truck and train you to the US border and give you papers on how and where and when to cross. They will even give you instructions on how to get welfare and government housing when you illegally cross over. Mexico needs to be stopped from doing this.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with isolationist. You have no national pride, no patriotism, you're a worthless American.

But that's your right as an American.

Excuse me for being a human being that doesn't stand on a pedestal.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join