It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican President postures, cancels Tuesday meeting with Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
He's actually pretending like he's not going to pay for the wall. He knows, we all know that Mexico is going to pay for the wall.

He's up for reelection and has to look tough, he probably also has intense pressure on him from the cartels to not allow the wall.

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

This is hilarious to me, this guy has nothing, zilch, zip, nada.

He isn't even in the game, he's like the guest of a guest of a +1 at a party.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The CIA have been importing drugs for years, the wall won't change a thing as they use airplanes but if it makes you guys feel better...?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Trump will just put a thirty five percent tax on Mexican imports instead of a ten percent tax, which will cut their sales to the US considerably and the factories will come back if they don't pay for the wall.

I think maybe it would be beneficial for us if they were to refuse.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I really don't understand the point of the wall. Last I heard most of the drugs were coming in through tunnels, airplane, or boat. The wall is already more of a hassle to be avoided then an obstacle to overcome by cartels. I can understand beefing up security at the border, but a giant wall will do nothing but waste money and create an eyesore.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
He's actually pretending like he's not going to pay for the wall. He knows, we all know that Mexico is going to pay for the wall.

He's up for reelection and has to look tough, he probably also has intense pressure on him from the cartels to not allow the wall.

www.yahoo.com...

No, we don't know Mexico is going to pay for the wall. We've been told that, and the people who blindly trust a politician believe it.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Good. Hope he sticks with it.

Hope more stand up to Trump and refuse to play his game.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Mexico can pay for the wall without writing a check.
There are other ways to get the money - tariff's etc.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

Cmon man people go and visit the Great Wall of China all the time - Now people from all over the world will come and see the Great Wall of Trump!

Long live stupidity (and try to prosper)!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
I really don't understand the point of the wall. Last I heard most of the drugs were coming in through tunnels, airplane, or boat. The wall is already more of a hassle to be avoided then an obstacle to overcome by cartels. I can understand beefing up security at the border, but a giant wall will do nothing but waste money and create an eyesore.

The wall isnt just to stop drugs, mostly people IMO

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter

Shhh! People don't want to hear that. Or the fact that there's already a 700 mile long wall on the border. Or that less than 1/3 of the land the proposed wall will be built on is federal land, and the rest will have to be confiscated from private citizens and Indian tribes.

But never mind that, because we're making something something great again.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I know... putting American interests first? That's just insane!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think we should send troops down there. We should arm the decent common folk. Help them wipe out the cartels and put their criminally collusive government in check.

It would make Mexico great again. We could help the good ones get control of their nation and destiny back.

It would be great.

We could build it together!

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Good. Hope he sticks with it.

Hope more stand up to Trump and refuse to play his game.

Thats fine, but there will be consequences for Mexico with this.

80% of Mexicos exports are to the US.

Mexico helps people entering their southern border from central America to illegally get into the US.

Mexico enforces their borders with much stricter laws than the US.

And so for them to now claim the high ground as their President said "Mexico doesn't believe in walls".

Well geez Mexico, maybe a belief in walls would stop drug cartels from practically controlling your country.

So Annee, if the US pulls out of Nafta over this, and the Mexican economy crumbles, we will see if president Nieto is celebrating with you for refusing to play Trumps game..

+2 more 
link   

He isn't. The US taxpayer will be paying for the wall. If you think otherwise then I have a wall to sell you. Oh wait...

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

And it takes more time than one presidential term to see a usable return on that. So, the taxpayers will pay. Then someone else will be elected to office that doesn't share Trumps enthusiasm for the wall, and then we're left paying for the entire thing, along with everything else we already do.

I thought the goal was to get the government to take less money out of our pockets?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

really don't understand the point of the wall.

Same reason there is one around the White House.

To keep unwanted guests out of someones home.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I think we should send troops down there. We should arm the decent common folk. Help them wipe out the cartels and put their criminally collusive government in check.

It would make Mexico great again. We could help the good ones get control of their nation and destiny back.

It would be great.

We could build it together!

You want us to invade Mexico to wipe out the cartels? Isn't that the same as invading a country to wipe out terrorism? How is that going for us in Afghanistan and Iraq?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: BlueAjah

And it takes more time than one presidential term to see a usable return on that. So, the taxpayers will pay. Then someone else will be elected to office that doesn't share Trumps enthusiasm for the wall, and then we're left paying for the entire thing, along with everything else we already do.

I thought the goal was to get the government to take less money out of our pockets?

If nothing else, at least the wall has made all of those on the left that could have cared less that Obama doubled the national debt now all of the sudden be concerned about the budget!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
That would be Mexico's loss, I think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join